2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Inaugural Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/04, 07:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today The Mustang and I are going on our inaugural road trip........Until now she has only seen the highway and country roads.

She is an interstate virgin, for about another hour........And I have not taken her to a shopping mall yet. I am taking her up the interstate to the open air mall nearby to satisfy my Old Navy fix and finish Christmas shopping.

Should be interesting! I also reeeeeeeeally need to tag her up.

My father asked me if I had to put new doors in the house to fit my head through. Went out for Ice cream last night and my husband called me on it- he said you hate ice cream, you just want to get some attention.....
Old 12/22/04, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See if your person riding shotgun can get pictures of all the gawkers as you pass by.
Old 12/22/04, 08:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 22, 2004, 9:59 AM
See if your person riding shotgun can get pictures of all the gawkers as you pass by.
I am going solo today...........

All my friends are like- why arent you out? Because its a lot of pressure Dealing with this thing-I am not an attention hog so its interesting. I may have to keep driving the alero until they become plentiful. I do find myself dressing up to go to the shopasnack now though. Can't slink out of that in my house clothes.

Fortunately there is a GT closeby(Don's), and its a lot fancier than mine.
Head count:
worthy torch red gt
silver v6 with real stripe kit-Just like I described, its beautiful.
WB deluxe v6-my nemesies christmas gift
Don's GT (Nearly caused me to wreck when I spotted it)
GT (this one ehhhhhhh that poor fool paid 5k over sticker)
SO at least I am not the only one......

I bought him effects pedals for his guitar and they came UPS last night---I hid them until Christmas, he said I am taking those car keys and not giving them back till Christmas! I told him I would if he tried to.

I find my vindictive streak has been stinked right out of me- I don't deserve to be mean when I just got handed my dream.
Old 12/22/04, 08:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gimme a break. You're not driving it because you're an attention hog. You drive it because its a joy to drive. Your friends are just jealous.
Old 12/22/04, 08:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Have a good time................but park far far away from others. Door dings in the mall parking lots are also a Christmas tradition.
Old 12/22/04, 08:40 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 22, 2004, 10:28 AM
Gimme a break. You're not driving it because you're an attention hog. You drive it because its a joy to drive. Your friends are just jealous.
CRIMINY! Its raining outside. NOW I get to master the wipers- took me 30 miles or so to master the brights.

I do enjoy it-a little too much. First car ever I drove with the sound down so I could hear her talk to me.

I am going to a cart free shopping mall!
Old 12/22/04, 08:42 AM

I can say that where ever you go you are going to see alot of people with that rubber neck syndrome. Every where I go out here in SoCal, I have people looking and pointing and have numerous people stop me in parking lots to look and ask questions. Be ready for the attention....
Old 12/22/04, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Enjoy the ride - I've taken two 150 mile plus road trips in a week - just cause I wanted to drive it! The attention is awesome too, people pulling up at the stoplights and rolling thier windows down to ask questions.

Before we got it, my wife was like, "What is the big deal, why are you so excited?"

Now she knows. She LOVES it, loves riding in it. She's afraid to drive it though - which is quite honestly fine by me.

Enjoy the trip!!!
Old 12/22/04, 08:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by afcop13@December 22, 2004, 10:48 AM
Enjoy the ride - I've taken two 150 mile plus road trips in a week - just cause I wanted to drive it! The attention is awesome too, people pulling up at the stoplights and rolling thier windows down to ask questions.

Before we got it, my wife was like, "What is the big deal, why are you so excited?"

Now she knows. She LOVES it, loves riding in it. She's afraid to drive it though - which is quite honestly fine by me.

Enjoy the trip!!!
My husband will NOT drive her. I keep begging him to. I don't know why. He keeps telling all his friends about what a sweet car she is though.

She has 170 miles on her right now. All but 12 I have put on..

Today is also her first rainy trip. It rained the day she came off the truck, but she lived on the showroom floor her entire dealer life. I will drive just to DRIVE.

My husband says- I bought you this car so you would SHUT UP about it. That means since it is out there you don't have to bug me about them 24 hours a day!
Old 12/22/04, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

My sis-in-law raised the on me when I said I had a craving for crackers one night and was going to the grocery store. What can I say, I love this thing. In fact, I think I'll run down to the QT(gas station) for a drink real quick since I'm craving Mustang time

Jason
Old 12/22/04, 12:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

She has bucked me!

I was making a left turn-very carefully and the right back wheel caught some water.

She went out from under me, I steered out of it and drove like Granny the rest of the day. made me pee a little though.

Also- nother one here- silver v6 +ESP.
Old 12/22/04, 12:22 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am developing mental problems!

I make a point to park her FAR away from other cars. When I come out there are flocks of cars parked around her......

I drive like Granny, and stay petrified someone is going to slam into me..

I am signed sealed delivered and employ verified, and I remain terrified that this is a big dream and someone is going to come get her from me.

True, I have used 3/4 a tank of gas BUT This thing is making me have nerve problems!!
Old 12/22/04, 12:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 22, 2004, 1:25 PM
I am developing mental problems!

I make a point to park her FAR away from other cars. When I come out there are flocks of cars parked around her......

I drive like Granny, and stay petrified someone is going to slam into me..

I am signed sealed delivered and employ verified, and I remain terrified that this is a big dream and someone is going to come get her from me.

True, I have used 3/4 a tank of gas BUT This thing is making me have nerve problems!!
It will go away with time. Trust me on this one!
Old 12/22/04, 12:46 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

ALL CLEAR ALL CLEAR.

Salesman called- shes FINE! ALL MINE!

Taking her back out for the afternoon!
Old 12/22/04, 12:49 PM

THe more you drive her the more you'l get used to her and her to you. Give it time and you'll be tearing up the roads leaving your mark (two long black rubber marks spaced wheels widths apart on the road) all over the place.
Old 12/22/04, 02:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 22, 2004, 8:54 AM
Went out for Ice cream last night and my husband called me on it- he said you hate ice cream, you just want to get some attention.....
That's my wife. She asks me if I am going to meet her somewhere. I say I wasn't thinking about it. So she replies, why don't you come over anyway and you can show your car to this person.

She does not drive it. Actually I am trying to teach her to drive a stick in this. It is much easier to learn in this than it was with my 95 Mustang stick. She did good for driving a stick only a few times.
Old 12/22/04, 03:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Oh lord shes filthy. Its pouring out, and she has road grime!
AND I have burned my first tank of gas.

Went to the dealer and got an accessory catalog. First mod: Ponys for my spinners.
Old 12/22/04, 03:11 PM
I'm people, and I like.

SO!!! this is where you have been, April. you left all of your Off-Topic Buddies

you think youre too cool for us now that you got your stang :angry:

i gotta see more pics of YOUR screaming yellow stang. me and my girlfriend saw a screaming yellow parked outside of the mall on the front curb (which was painted yellow, so that car wasnt supposed to be there). it had a ticket on it, so i guess the owner would rather get a parking ticket than run the risk of getting it keyed or bumped or scratched lol.

screaming yellow is an amazing color. my g/f usually doesnt like bright colors on cars, like red and grabber blue, but when she saw the screaming yellow in person, she LOVED it. she was like, "oh my god, it looks beautiful, i want one!" ^_^

good choice, April!
Old 12/22/04, 03:14 PM
I'm people, and I like.

oh yea, make sure to send Brad some of your pics. Brad was looking for good photos of many of the V6 stangs. the screaming yellow section has very poor photos of the stang, and i'm pretty sure you can take some kick **** photos of your beaut
Old 12/22/04, 03:34 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 22, 2004, 5:14 PM
SO!!! this is where you have been, April. you left all of your Off-Topic Buddies

you think youre too cool for us now that you got your stang :angry:

i gotta see more pics of YOUR screaming yellow stang. me and my girlfriend saw a screaming yellow parked outside of the mall on the front curb (which was painted yellow, so that car wasnt supposed to be there). it had a ticket on it, so i guess the owner would rather get a parking ticket than run the risk of getting it keyed or bumped or scratched lol.

screaming yellow is an amazing color. my g/f usually doesnt like bright colors on cars, like red and grabber blue, but when she saw the screaming yellow in person, she LOVED it. she was like, "oh my god, it looks beautiful, i want one!" ^_^

good choice, April!
I saw a grabber blue classic on the way home! I will be back for more OT fun when I get this pile of presents wrapped- Its apparently a northern tradition for presents from Santa to come wrapped. Which means seperate paper, bows and tags for them.

Yes,I have been out riding the roads alllllllllll day. I love this frigging car....278 miles and on flat empty.Today I went to the mall, took her on the interstate, took her to see my aunt, went to A&W for some onion rings...........noticed another 05, not mine, to the dealer, and now home. Shes dirrrrty, will pic her up in a bit. You can all cry with me.

I went to the dealer- Shes mine FOREVER right? Yes yes yes- as long as you pay for her they can never take her away, contract is signed sealed and delivered..

Told you all about the spin out- it made me pee myself, I braked and steered out of it.

Other owners- go get the accessory catalog, its amazing! I will take one of each.

Quick Reply: Inaugural Road Trip