2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Inappropriate Attention!

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 06:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts are with your daughter, you, and your family. I hope the visits to the ER continue to be rare and rarer!!!
Old 4/1/05, 07:59 AM
GT Member

JR, YOU ARE A CLASS ACT!
Old 4/1/05, 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad your daughter is doing better. I work at a medical center that treats many CF patients and have gotten to know some over the years. I know there are many new treatments in the pipeline and hope your daughter is the first to be cured!
Old 4/1/05, 09:40 AM
GT Member

If that attendant is there as you leave, you should offer him a ride ... off a cliff.

God Bless to you and your family.
Old 4/1/05, 10:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya... you showed class with the attendant. I think I probably would have popped.

Glad the kiddo is doing well.
Old 4/1/05, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

We are working hard to find a cure for this, and it's definately in our pipeline Jessica. Keep the hope alive! :yes:
Old 4/2/05, 03:03 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thanks for all your wishes, and positive thoughts. We were released Friday afternoon. We took the peanut to Outback (she LOVES thier mac and cheese) and then she got to go swimming. Since it was a beautiful day, we wanted to make sure she enjoyed it.

It was almost three years to the day since her last bout with this. We are hoping to make it four, if not longer.

As for that parking attendant, well, I guess we know why he is in his 50's, and thats his job, huh? Had my daughter not been ambulatory, I would have gotten him fired. She was, as well as lucid, so it just surprised me more than anything. I couldnt believe a Childrens Hospital ER lot attendant wasnt just a bit more conscious of his surroundings.
Old 4/2/05, 03:56 PM
V6 Member

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better
Old 4/2/05, 04:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@March 31, 2005, 10:43 PM
...She is incredibly strong, and courageous.

Oh, and BTW.. hubby brought me the new Motor Trend mag to read in the room. My daughter picks it up, and says, "mom, thats the new Cobra huh." I laughed and said.. "yup, what do you think?" Her reply: "Its ok, they should put the Cobra in the center, and fix the lights." LOL!!!! She then looks at the TV, and says, "Hey mom, check it out there is a GT!" My husband muttered, "good lord, its contagious." Makes a mom proud.
Wow, you daughter sounds like quite a trooper! Here's hoping that she gets her own Mustang some day. Maybe a nice 2012 hydrogen powered Cobra!
Old 4/3/05, 01:42 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people

Glad the little girl is feeling better
Old 4/3/05, 01:42 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Sorry to hear Jessica. Your daughter is a trooper, glad she is doing better.

people these days, huh?
Old 4/3/05, 02:39 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there supposed to be a cure soon or something?
Old 4/3/05, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

if i was taking my child to the ER and the parking lot attendant acted like that, he would be needing a trip to the er as well.
Old 4/3/05, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really glad to hear your daughter is feeling better and out of the hospital. You handled it quite well. I woulda ripped the attendant a new one. Your daughter is lucky to have such a great family. Good luck in the future and if you do have to go back to the hospital you should park on the guy's toes.
Old 4/3/05, 07:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey My Thoughts are with your daughter & family I can understand sorta , I could never figure how it gets passed on though a friend of mines daughter now almost the same age as yours has CF and when I lived in Saskatchewan we pulled a couple all nighters to work in a Zellers store strickly was open to raise funds for CF well worth my time and I'd do it again and again for anyone , as for the attendant , I'd report that to the Hospital Admin espec after guessing that she was sick F-Jerk. All the best Ed
Old 4/3/05, 07:19 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jessica I'm glad to hear that the little peanut is doing better and that the C.F. hold off .As for the attendant there's a time and a place for everything (and that was not it ) .If he had any thought he could have helped with your daughter and talked to you about the stang later when you returned to the car.

You know seeing that she has her taste's on what a mustang should look like you should get her opinion's on the mod's that you want to do to yours ...you never know she might have some great ideas too. ^_^
Old 4/3/05, 08:01 PM
3rd Times A Charm

That's too bad Jessica. At least you kept your mind on what was more important at the time. At least she has recovered and you seem to be very thoughtful when it comes to her. BEst of wishes for your family.
Old 4/4/05, 10:38 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thank you Andrew... Paul, she will be driving my 05 in about 4 years... ACK!!! Someone help me, LOL! Since she is getting that car when she turns 16, she has been making suggestions on mods. She is pretty happy about the paint job, although she would be happier if it stayed black. She wants to intsall TVs in the headrests... sigh. I cant believe its only going to be 4 years!

Lalo, and Steve, wanna take the guy out back? LOL I swear some people shouldnt breed!

Dustin, they found the gene for CF. That was a HUGE step. No cure as of yet, but they are hoping to have one within my daughters lifetime.

05GT, Jimmy - LOL!!! Had I had someone with me, I am sure my reaction would have been different.

Ed, I figure his karma will get him. Not sure I wanna be around to see 3X being an idiot to a terminally ill kid.

Craig, she defintely has some good ideas. Although, I am a bit concerned... She also wants a van conversion and wants to Pimp My Ride fix it up! She only got half her genes from me unfortunately...

Thanks 05GT-Baby, we are doing well now.
Old 4/4/05, 11:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Martimus@April 1, 2005, 1:29 AM
Sounds like that attendant needs a bit of sensitivity training... to ask such a stupid question when someone is obviously in pain is wrong... plain wrong.

Glad to hear however that she's doing well!!!

No kidding. :scratch: That's just uncalled for.

Glad your lil girl is doing well too.
Old 4/4/05, 12:06 PM
GT Member

So sorry about you daughter. Hope she is feeling better. To some people, not all people at ER or Hospitals all they have is a job. That's how they look at it. And others are in the feild for the people. You should report what happened to some head of the department. If they can do this to your daughter. What would happen if your daughter was alone?? Please make sure the hospital knows.

Quick Reply: Inappropriate Attention!