2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I'm totally nuts

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04, 11:40 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

So the saga continues....The ETA for my car is Friday. So it's not even late yet. But......with all the reports I hear of some people getting their cars a week or two early I was hopeful that I would be one of them.

No such luck as of yet.....

JessicaRabbit in L.A. got her car last Thursday, it was built the same day as mine. The ironic thing is her car made a stop here in Phoenix. When I heard of her delivery, I thought for sure my car was at the local railhead (Hadley's). Nope not there. :scratch:

The Railhead is on the way to my Mom's house, so on Saturday I drove by and I saw something strange...no railcars, just 3-4 empty one's at the North side of the lot. That's actually a pretty strange occurance, I've never seen the facility with so few railcars. :scratch:

I've been carrying around my Cobra lighter the last 2 weeks, thinking foolishly it would bring me some sort of good Joo-Joo...

I live within 5 miles of the railroad tracks that lead to the aformentioned railhead. It occured to me last night that I haven't heard any trains come by in a few days......But tonight I heard the trains coming....

Could this be it :!:

Maybe, hopefully, Ahhhhhhhh!

I'll be jumping in my truck soon to see what I can see at the railhead.

Yup, I need help
Old 12/9/04, 12:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Not to pile on but... :bang:

Remember to post a picture of your new tires!

By the way, you sound like an expecting father.
Old 12/9/04, 12:52 AM
FR500 Member

Yeah, no kidding! It's pathetic
Old 12/9/04, 02:04 AM
Bullitt Member

gl w/ that sixtysix.... hope your baby arrives early
Old 12/9/04, 05:38 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Good Luck Tony!! I hope you get it before Christmas.
Old 12/9/04, 06:11 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear ya Tony - keep hangin' on - when it shows up, you will forget everything about your wait - it'll all be worth it. And it'll be here soon....

The expectant father thing is right on - I found out that yesterday morning, mine was loaded onto a railcar - I find myself wondering where the car is right now and all that at all times of the day - looking at hopefully picking it up next weekend.

Keep that lighter close! You'll be cruisin' in your Pony before you know it!!
Old 12/9/04, 08:30 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hang in there...it will show up, eventually. Right?
Old 12/9/04, 08:35 AM

While you are there at the rail depot, please keep an eye open for mine...

Actually, I am expecting mine in January..but late December would be a fitting holiday 'miracle'.

Best of luck on getting your asap.
Old 12/9/04, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was pretty much non-functional once I found out mine was on a rail car. Thankfully, that was Thanksgiving week, and I picked the car up the day after Thanksgiving so it hardly affected my work performance, or school for that matter. Hang in there.

Jason
Old 12/9/04, 08:58 AM

Heh, I feel your pain. I ordered my Redfire Premium GT in July to "beat the rush" so I could get my car sooner. Hasn't been built yet. Ford has a spoiler shortage, an interior upgrade package shortage, no side air bags, no interior accent color package, etc. Every time a new excuse about how it can't be built yet. But somehow other people are getting theirs.

I really don't care anymore, as I was planning on garaging it for the winter anyway. Well, it's pretty much winter now, so if I don't get it until March, no biggie.
Old 12/9/04, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

OOO...if its at the railhead, get pics of it there. Then follow it until gets on the truck and to the dealership!!
Old 12/9/04, 10:40 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Tony, I was wondering why you hadnt posted saying yours was here! I dont get it...

Although, I kept saying it before... allocation. My dealer has a HUGE one, and every single one of the first 25 Stangs they were allocated, were orders. They have plenty of V6s on the lot, just not a single GT.

My salesman is supposed to be calling me back today to let me know the dates, etc for my car. They still have no idea how the heck it got from build to dealership in 7-9 days.
Old 12/9/04, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Radman@December 9, 2004, 10:39 AM
I was pretty much non-functional once I found out mine was on a rail car. Thankfully, that was Thanksgiving week, and I picked the car up the day after Thanksgiving so it hardly affected my work performance, or school for that matter. Hang in there.

Jason
How do you find out it's been put on a carrier? I'll be "watching" mine like a hawk once it's built next week. VOPC?
Old 12/9/04, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

*I^T&%$*&^$(*&)&#^)*&%^)#%(*^$#&^

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 12/9/04, 01:33 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Rick, I just noticed, they pushed your build date back??? I thought you were getting built this week...

Hang in there man, you will be SO freakin happy when you get it, the wait will not seem so bad...

Its like having a baby... I spent 18 hours in labor with my daughter, two hours of pushing, and the next day I had literally forgotten all about it. My son took longer... 36 hours of labor, 6 hours of pushing, emergency section, and near death experience, yeh... took me about 5 years to forget that, LMAO.
Old 12/9/04, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

If it's any consolation Tony, I'm still waiting as well.

Looks like our cars will be on the same train at this rate.
Old 12/9/04, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Solution:

-Jump on the moving train when you spot your car passing by.

-Remain inside your new car during transport, unloading, and dealer prep (this will freak the dealer out a little, but not to worry).

-Don't forget to bring Pringles.

I feel for ya, man - the wait's a killer. When I'm ready to order in '06, I'm hoping the wait will be bearable.
Old 12/9/04, 02:27 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Tony good luck...your story is beginning to sound like an episode from the "Twilight Zone"
Old 12/9/04, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MR325iT@December 9, 2004, 2:56 PM
Solution:

-Jump on the moving train when you spot your car passing by.

-Remain inside your new car during transport, unloading, and dealer prep (this will freak the dealer out a little, but not to worry).

-Don't forget to bring Pringles.

I feel for ya, man - the wait's a killer. When I'm ready to order in '06, I'm hoping the wait will be bearable.
PRINGLES!!!!! YOU"LL GET CRUMBS EVERYWHERE!!!

Bring Gummy Worms..
Old 12/9/04, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MTAS+December 9, 2004, 11:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MTAS @ December 9, 2004, 11:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Radman@December 9, 2004, 10:39 AM

Jason
How do you find out it's been put on a carrier? I'll be "watching" mine like a hawk once it's built next week. VOPC? [/b][/quote]
I called the Ford Customer Service number and was told the status was TX1181 or something silly like that, so I knew it was on the train. When I called later, I was told that as of Nov 22, it had the at railyard code. Then it was just waiting for the call.

Jason

Quick Reply: I'm totally nuts