2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I'm A New Daddy!

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked my 300hp darling up from the delivery room (Pasadena Ford) on Friday night, and only now (350 miles later) have I found time to sit in front of a computer and announce my baby!!

I haven't had much time to get to know y'all on this board since I only decided to buy an '05 about 2 months ago, but I couldn't resist posting. Sorry for the lack of pics, I've been too busy driving!

Although I personally am new to Mustangs, they have been in my family since 1967. My mother was the original owner of a '67 convertible in dark forest green (you never see that color anymore!!). Initially she only bought it because it had a heater and my parents unexpectedly needed to drive cross-country in the dead of winter. But it quickly became her pride and joy for 36 years; she kept it bone-stock and ripe cherry. Sadly the car started to become a money pit and she made the crushing decision to sell hers two years ago. A piece of our family went away that day, but was brought back this past Friday, and a Mustang is once again a part of our family! heck Yeah!!

The saga began several weeks ago when I decided to order a GT with all the interior trimmings, and was of course given the "IUP is on indefinite hold" story. Ultimately I ended up placing orders with two different dealerships, one big and one small, to see which one would get my car first. That was early January, so I was not expecting to be driving my '05 until April at the earliest, but I was mentally preparing myself for anywhere into June.

In boredom late this past Friday evening I began building my car again on the Ford website, then started comparing it to cars on the lot at various dealerships in my area. Of course I found nothing close to what I had built. Then I pulled up a zip code map of the greater L.A. area and started typing in different zips into the Ford site, when about a half-hour later I FOUND MY CAR!! Who cares that the dealership is about 2.5 hours away from me? Not believing my eyes I called the dealership and they said they had just backed it off the truck and were still taking off the plastic. I said "I'm on my way" and the rest is history. Oh and did I mention that this is my first brand-new car EVER?

I would like to take this space to thank all the dealerships who helped me; I got great service from all (especially Rod Long at Raceway Ford in Riverside, Dean Hammond at Theodore Robins in Costa Mesa, and Fred Fred in Texas). They were all straight-up with me and I regret not being able to thank any of them with my wallet. Pasadena Ford was also a pleasurable experience...they were willing to negotiate agreeably (it helps to be an educated consumer!) and they also threw in LoJack (a must in Southern California) for a very good price (which I promised I would not divulge).

Her vitals:
2005 Mustang GT Premium
Performance White w/
Dark Charcoal Interior and
Red Color Accent Package <---oh so sweeeeeet

(I just gotta interrupt here and mention the White on the outside and Red on the inside is absolutely the best color combination you can get for this car, and if you disagree, then, well, you're just wrong! ) <--don't get mad...just a proud poppa talkin' smack

IUP <---this should be standard!!
Shaker 1000 (no skipping or CD eject problems as of yet)
Wheel locking kits
Active anti-theft
upgraded wheels

Well, folks...that's my story. Thanks for reading this far, and I hope to see y'all on the road!!

Peas,
Barry

Old 1/30/05, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Let me be the first to say congrats and of course:

Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Oceansize72@January 30, 2005, 8:40 PM
I picked my 300hp darling up from the delivery room (Pasadena Ford) on Friday night, and only now (350 miles later) have I found time to sit in front of a computer and announce my baby!!

I haven't had much time to get to know y'all on this board since I only decided to buy an '05 about 2 months ago, but I couldn't resist posting. Sorry for the lack of pics, I've been too busy driving!

Although I personally am new to Mustangs, they have been in my family since 1967. My mother was the original owner of a '67 convertible in dark forest green (you never see that color anymore!!). Initially she only bought it because it had a heater and my parents unexpectedly needed to drive cross-country in the dead of winter. But it quickly became her pride and joy for 36 years; she kept it bone-stock and ripe cherry. Sadly the car started to become a money pit and she made the crushing decision to sell hers two years ago. A piece of our family went away that day, but was brought back this past Friday, and a Mustang is once again a part of our family! heck Yeah!!

The saga began several weeks ago when I decided to order a GT with all the interior trimmings, and was of course given the "IUP is on indefinite hold" story. Ultimately I ended up placing orders with two different dealerships, one big and one small, to see which one would get my car first. That was early January, so I was not expecting to be driving my '05 until April at the earliest, but I was mentally preparing myself for anywhere into June.

In boredom late this past Friday evening I began building my car again on the Ford website, then started comparing it to cars on the lot at various dealerships in my area. Of course I found nothing close to what I had built. Then I pulled up a zip code map of the greater L.A. area and started typing in different zips into the Ford site, when about a half-hour later I FOUND MY CAR!! Who cares that the dealership is about 2.5 hours away from me? Not believing my eyes I called the dealership and they said they had just backed it off the truck and were still taking off the plastic. I said "I'm on my way" and the rest is history. Oh and did I mention that this is my first brand-new car EVER?

I would like to take this space to thank all the dealerships who helped me; I got great service from all (especially Rod Long at Raceway Ford in Riverside, Dean Hammond at Theodore Robins in Costa Mesa, and Fred Fred in Texas). They were all straight-up with me and I regret not being able to thank any of them with my wallet. Pasadena Ford was also a pleasurable experience...they were willing to negotiate agreeably (it helps to be an educated consumer!) and they also threw in LoJack (a must in Southern California) for a very good price (which I promised I would not divulge).

Her vitals:
2005 Mustang GT Premium
Performance White w/
Dark Charcoal Interior and
Red Color Accent Package <---oh so sweeeeeet

(I just gotta interrupt here and mention the White on the outside and Red on the inside is absolutely the best color combination you can get for this car, and if you disagree, then, well, you're just wrong! ) <--don't get mad...just a proud poppa talkin' smack

IUP <---this should be standard!!
Shaker 1000 (no skipping or CD eject problems as of yet)
Wheel locking kits
Active anti-theft
upgraded wheels

Well, folks...that's my story. Thanks for reading this far, and I hope to see y'all on the road!!

Peas,
Barry

I hope they gave you a great deal on your car. I stopped by Pasadena Ford a few times and everytime I did they were charging $5000 over MSRP on their Mustangs.
GT Member

Old 1/30/05, 08:45 PM

(Finally I got to be the first to use that graphic.... )

Congrats on the new baby!!

Edit:

Darn you guys are fast!! I was THIRD with the "no pics" graphic by the time I finished the reply!! :bang:
Old 1/30/05, 08:47 PM
FR500 Member

wow im glad to see ur happy.........id love to buy it NOW!!!! but if i can deal with an NHL lockout i can deal with a wait for a car.....and ill have a ton more money to put down on it!!
Old 1/30/05, 09:01 PM

OK, obviously I should have taken some pics before I posted. Sorry, I'm new and excited. It's dark now so it'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.

To answer your question, Mike...yeah they started off asking $5,000 over M.S.R.P. Let's just say that I paid MY price, not theirs, and negotiating with them was not a bad experience. (Like I said it helps to be an educated consumer). However I promised them that I would not tell anyone what I actually paid.
Old 1/30/05, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Oceansize72@January 30, 2005, 9:04 PM
OK, obviously I should have taken some pics before I posted. Sorry, I'm new and excited. It's dark now so it'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.

To answer your question, Mike...yeah they started off asking $5,000 over M.S.R.P. Let's just say that I paid MY price, not theirs, and negotiating with them was not a bad experience. (Like I said it helps to be an educated consumer). However I promised them that I would not tell anyone what I actually paid.
Congrats on the new car, and getting the dealer to negotiate with you on the price.
I think I saw your car on the lot a few days ago when I drove by the dealership. I'm sure you're going to love the car.
Old 1/30/05, 09:12 PM
FR500 Member

Congratulations and enjoy your new ride, white with ICAP is a very nice combination!
Old 1/30/05, 09:13 PM
FR500 Member

Oh and don't forget

Paul
Old 1/30/05, 09:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats and can't wait to see the pics! Perf.white and ICAP is a great combo.
Old 1/30/05, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Congratulations! I hope mama is doing well! Glad to see you've got your priorities in order...DRIVE first, then sit down and tell us about it. How does the saying go..."A car kept in the garage is a tragedy... you just don't get that time back!"
Old 1/31/05, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on the new car!
Old 1/31/05, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations !!

Nice color choice... I agree it's the best

Can't wait to get mine!

Are you going to add stripes?
Old 1/31/05, 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the new ride!!!!
Old 1/31/05, 07:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats!!! Great color combo; can't wait to see pics

Old 1/31/05, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congratulations on your new ride. I like your color combination a lot. It would have been my second choice behind my combination (redfire w/ med parchment).
Old 1/31/05, 08:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Congrats!