2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I won!

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/05, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys and gals, if you are debating entering your new stang in a show, do it!
Here's the story. Some of my students play in a Blues's Brothers tribute band which i got together for a high school talent show. They had such a blast that they kept it going and have been gigging locally for the past couple months. Anyway they played at the Chariots of the past car show yesterday in McGonogle Ohio (near Oxford, Miami U.) I try to go see them when I can so I called the place to get times etc. When I told the lady I had a new Mustang she said they had a 1990-2005 class and that I should enter. So yestertday morning I washed, Quick detailed, vacumed, cleaned wheels & tires, that's about it, spent about an hour. I roll up to the show and 2 guys were directing traffic, I said I'm considering entering, what do you think? I got 2 thumbs up and a go for it. I parked, filled out registration and proceeded to look around at all the cool cars. The Blues Brothers played to everyones enjoyment and then it was time to announce winners. I wasn't thinking much about it because I was backstage helping the kids and congratulating them when I hear my name called. Thats right I won my class! Had to drive up and pick up my trophy and get pictures taken. Even got pictures with Jake and Elwood, they loved it, they're great kids. I Know need to post pics but didn't have digital camera, will try to post when developed. Long story but I had such a blast I wanted to share. Side notes: there were no other 05 Mustangs in my class, did beat a Viper and totally tricked out SRT-4. I felt bad about the SRT because it belonged to a former student and he had a lot of time and money invested in it. My car is a bone stock Torch Red GT, IUP, ICAP, auto, bright machined wheels. This was so easy i think I will run for governor when they kick out Bob Taft. So those of you debating entering a show, do it! They told me my car was one of the most looked at all day.
Old 8/22/05, 11:04 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is awesome. Congrats
Old 8/22/05, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Funny how many times on the board you see posts like this - "entered for the heck of it and I placed/won". Nice going.

Did you get a pic of the BB in front of the car like the "106 miles to Chicago..." movie poster?
Old 8/22/05, 11:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats.
Old 8/22/05, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, Harold!!!
Old 8/22/05, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats
Here is my story..........been doing the car show thing for a few years, with my '02 vert and now a couple of shows with the '05. So this weekend the wife and I took a trip to Epping, NH to check out the Fun Ford Weekend to see if that is something we would like to do next year.
Four hours over check things out and four hours back...YES will do the show.
There was a show in our area that we wanted to do on Sunday, because there were to be 25 trophys for cars from 1987 and newer. Get up a 6am Sunday morning because car looks like crap from the drive all day Saturday, go out and wash and dry, do a quick once over with rag to shine.
Well comes to the time to give out the trophys and I take 2nd in the new car class, now they are giving the trophys to the classics and they call my wifes and my name again. ???????? CLASSIC ??????? Well I go up and get the trophy (will ask why later). Now its time for the BEST OF SHOW. First is the trophy for the 1987 and newer cars. I almost fall over when I hear my wifes and mine name again.
3 trophies.

After show I ask about the classic car trophy and am told that people oveted my car one of the top classics at the show amd the trophy was mine...GOOD DAY'S WORK!
Old 8/22/05, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Great job...that must have been fun! I was planning on entering my first show on Sunday but ended up having to work
Old 8/22/05, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@August 22, 2005, 11:08 AM
Funny how many times on the board you see posts like this - "entered for the heck of it and I placed/won". Nice going.

Did you get a pic of the BB in front of the car like the "106 miles to Chicago..." movie poster?
No I didn't, the guys wouldn't have sat on my car if I would have let them. They are great kids. Funny though 2 years ago when our basketball team went to and won the state championship one of our slogans was "It's 106 miles to Columbus, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a packet of skittles, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses, HIT IT! Our schools colors are blue and white, thus the Blues Brothers theme, and according to map quest it is 106.51 miles from our school to the Schottenstein Center where the stae finals are played.
Old 8/22/05, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Congrats, man! That is terrific!

I appreciate the BB connection. We used several tunes as set-ins and set-outs when I played in a top-40 club band many years ago. Our trumpet player and one of the vocalists would do Jake and Elwood - and pretty darn good too!

"Are you two government agents?"

"No ma'am. We're musicians."
Old 8/22/05, 03:30 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Cool Story!! Congrats! Car shows are addicting too. Once you win one time you are hooked.