No traction control wasn't installed
Old 7/10/05, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I'm sayin' is that you need a Yugo.
Old 7/10/05, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok.. I understand that i've had two wrecks and ya'll wanna bash me.. but i've only had a year street wise driving i've had 4years off road and back road high speed driving and i can handle a car at high speeds decent.. I understand that i don't need to go all out and believe me i dont' when its raining i'm stuck in 1st gear. But i was thinking a v6 4.0 has to have more horses than what ford is saying.. So i was thinking if i dont' trade it in. i was going to make sleeper out of it when the car is about 2 years old or even a year and a 1/2 supercharing it and adding dual exhaust and remove the govern. I know i'm not saying you all are wrong i agree it's very hard to but i admit i don't have the driving experience i need to be driving a 05 Roush .. My v6 scares me at times.. But anyways thinks for your alls opinon..
Old 7/10/05, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Who would insure you anyways?? Who would pay for insurance?? Get a 4banger civic and get used to driving before you go total ANOTHER mustang and someone on here who wants one more than you will get pissed :angry:, just as many probably are because of the Mustangs' 'Rarity' so far.

Matt

P.S. - I now know why my insurance rates were so high when I was a teenager, because of the typical young male teenager driver that you have helped bond together for insurance companies.

Matt
Old 7/10/05, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I still don't know how all these young kids afford new cars such as GT's, saleens, ect. I'm 25 just out of college, got loans to pay off, other bills, a ticket, ect... and the GT was out of my range for now.
Old 7/10/05, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Pitch Black@July 10, 2005, 12:08 PM
i was going to make sleeper out of it when the car is about 2 years old or even a year and a 1/2 supercharing it and adding dual exhaust and remove the govern.
I assume your talking about the thing that limits your top speed?
why?
I'm 17 and as much as I'd love to have a 2005 GT, I won't have one anytime soon. by your driving record I think you would have a tough time getting insurance. I think the people here might be right about sticking with the less powerfull mustangs until you get more experience. I would tell you that if you were buying it for yourself after saving up all your money for a long time that you should be able to buy whatever car you want, but since it sounds like somebody is buying it for you I don't think they should buy you a GT.

good luck driving in the future and I hope you don't get in anymore accidents.
Old 7/10/05, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Pitch Black@July 10, 2005, 9:08 AM
Ok.. I understand that i've had two wrecks and ya'll wanna bash me.. but i've only had a year street wise driving i've had 4years off road and back road high speed driving and i can handle a car at high speeds decent.. I understand that i don't need to go all out and believe me i dont' when its raining i'm stuck in 1st gear. But i was thinking a v6 4.0 has to have more horses than what ford is saying.. So i was thinking if i dont' trade it in. i was going to make sleeper out of it when the car is about 2 years old or even a year and a 1/2 supercharing it and adding dual exhaust and remove the govern. I know i'm not saying you all are wrong i agree it's very hard to but i admit i don't have the driving experience i need to be driving a 05 Roush .. My v6 scares me at times.. But anyways thinks for your alls opinon..
If the stock V6 scares you then why do you want to move up to a Roush or a GT...and another question...why do you want to mod your car to make it go faster since the stock engine scares you???

Not trying to put you down, but you have had a couple of accidents (the last one totaled your car)...and the second one shouldn't have happened as it appears that you were driving too fast around the curve, lost control and hit a tree.

Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone else...get some experiance with your current car (or a slower one) and take some driving classes BEFORE getting a faster car like the one you mentioned.
I hate to say this but if you get the faster car without more driving experiance might cost you your life.
Old 7/10/05, 02:27 PM

I'am 18 too and from experience big blocks are HARD to handle if you don't know what you're doing.
I love my car and it's a nice driver but after it's all said and done, I wish I would of just got a regular V8 not a "souped" up engine like the one in my car.
If you wrecked the V6 that bad, I suggest you get alittle more experience before you get the V8. Not that I should say anything with my own situation at hand.. :|
Even if you do know alot about the particular car in question, TEST drive it first atleast. Even if you do test drive it, there might be unknown "dangers" ahead.
The bottom line is, you have to be CAREFUL and AWARE of your surroundings.
Man, even a small incident, not even a wreck can mess you up mentally about cars for along time. I know from experience... :|
But in the end, it's really your decision and you'll do what you want to do.
Remember something though...
Older people KNOW what they're talking about, regardless of how much it stinks to hear. (Sometimes anyways)
Good luck with your decision
Old 7/10/05, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Dont worry about the flames I got them too go for what you want to get i had to decide from a 04 Roush vert brand spankin new or a 05 V6 so i took the V6 i wish they would have let me take the cobra R YEAH RIGHT it only has 23 miles on it but go for a 05 V6 or someting, but the word ROUSH is what will bump your insurance up.Whatever you choose i hope you have fun....and guys give the kid a break im also 16!!
Old 7/10/05, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by stang101@July 10, 2005, 1:38 PM
Dont worry about the flames I got them too go for what you want to get i had to decide from a 04 Roush vert brand spankin new or a 05 V6 so i took the V6 i wish they would have let me take the cobra R YEAH RIGHT it only has 23 miles on it but go for a 05 V6 or someting, but the word ROUSH is what will bump your insurance up.Whatever you choose i hope you have fun....and guys give the kid a break im also 16!!
What concerns me (as well as many others in this forum) is that the kid has had two accidents in his 05 V6 Mustang, the second where his car was totalled...while taking a curve a little to fast where he lost control, did a 360 and hit a tree.
Now the kid is thinking about trading up to a Roush Mustang or taking out the governer and modding the car to make it go faster...even though he's alreeady totalled a STOCK V6 Mustang he's thinking of getting a V8 with at least 300 HP compared to the 210 HP the V6 has.

I'm sorry but the kid needs some time driving on the street in his current V6 or a slower car BEFORE modding his current Mustang or buying a Roush or GT
As I said before his life may depend on that.
Old 7/10/05, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Remember something though...
Older people KNOW what they're talking about, regardless of how much it stinks to hear.
Thank you for that statement!!
You never did say who was buying you this car or paying your insurance. Just curious since you said you could get it " like I want it".
Old 7/10/05, 03:34 PM

Well, how "I" bought my car...
I didn't really buy it... I used the money my father left me when he passed on and bought it that way...
So, techinally it was my father's money.
I pay for insurance with the income I get on the rental stuff and the store we own.
I admit though, it wasn't a very smart idea to go to this dealership... Test drive it once and then buy it on the same day without the title being given...
I got burnt and I learned from my "mistake"... Even though like I said, I love it... Was not a smart decision at all.
I ended up shelling out another 5k alone on repairs... :|
Now, I have to start college without my awesome muscle car...
I'll have to "bum" rides from my brother until my Mustang get's ordered.
It's really amazing on how when you WANT something so d**m bad you'll do really stupid things.
Anyways, like I said.
They don't just say things out of nowhere. They do know what they're talking about...
For example:
"Haley you should think about this?"
"No, no mom. I've made my decision and I want it"
"Well, if it's what you want."

Don't get the Roush man, just stick with your V6.
Gosh, do I ramble on alot... Must get it from my Grandma
Old 7/10/05, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I drove a '72 Buick GS with a 350 in it when I was in HS. But that was after owning and driving an '82 S-10 and an '84 Blazer for a couple years before moving up to a bigger engine. Take it slow and don't go jumping into more than you can handle at that age is my opinion.
Old 7/10/05, 05:49 PM
Cobra Member

Brrrrrrzzzzzz! Reelin' them in! Guys, I think you've been taken. I'm calling BS on this one.
Old 7/10/05, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Hang on, let's try the BS meter out here....

==or should i go all out and get a GT or Roush GT ? Roush GT $28,000.==

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING
Old 7/10/05, 05:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

want to reck a car?, get a honda! not a Mustang...
Old 7/10/05, 08:18 PM

I honestly thought the Roush's were going around 40,000 or more...
Shows how much I know :|
Old 7/10/05, 09:10 PM
V6 Member

Finnally someone poineted out the price factor. I couldn't believe no one commented on the 28,000 until these last two posts. Since when does a new 05' Roush cost as much as a GT. Oviously the car is a gt with possibly roush's front fascia installed. Also it couldn't have the whole body kit cause the kit alone is about $4,000,... I think. I'm not here to flame you Pitch Black. Everyone here is just speaking the truth. It's all 'bout statistics. Regardless of what is said, you have your own decision to make. Just use this info in your decision. Also in your defense, not all teens are reckless drivers. And many 30 and 40 year olds shouldn't be on the streets. I'm not sure how a 16 year old can afford a new mustang GT, but it's much harder to appreciate without using your hard earned cash. I know some people may want to bash me for saying this, but my first car was a used plymouth neon. It had 78,000 miles on it. It actually was a pretty nice car, but it had no engine. Ohh when I lifted the hood I would see one, but pushing the pedal was a defferent story. Anyways,you are among friends. And I'm sure no one wants to hold you back
Old 7/10/05, 09:48 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@July 10, 2005, 9:03 AM
How about a nice Screaming Yellow Hummer?
Old 7/10/05, 09:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by GIDDEUP@July 10, 2005, 5:11 PM
I drove a '72 Buick GS with a 350 in it when I was in HS. But that was after owning and driving an '82 S-10 and an '84 Blazer for a couple years before moving up to a bigger engine. Take it slow and don't go jumping into more than you can handle at that age is my opinion.
Really? My uncle had a 70 buick GS 455 Stage 1. It was mint.

Quick Reply: Was I Stupid?