2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/13, 08:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some help

Hey Guys,

Long story short....I have been practicing with swirl removing to make my clear coat shine. I had a used bumper for a while, wet sanded and then swirl removed. I honed my skills and was able to buff the bumper so you could not tell I had wet sanded.

However, I am trying to take all the swirls out of my mustang. But for the life of me, I can't get it as good as I got the bumper, not really even close. I can still see swirls in the sun's reflection.

I have used poor boys, pinnacle, and few Meguiars products. I have only tried the poor boys on my car as I felt they were the best when I was doing it on the bumper. I have used all 4 levels of poor boys...1, 2, 2.5, and 3. I have a porter cable and I use lake county flat pads.

If anyone is in the Baltimore\Washington area and would be willing to help me get this right I would be much appreciative. I really want to get this done before it gets cold out as I don't have a garage. I am looking for a leaning\teaching session from someone is has figured this out.

If you want more information or would like to discuss meeting options, please pm me. If you are comfortable with it, you can give me your phone number and I will call you at my earliest convenience.

Thank you.
Old 9/25/13, 11:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you clay before you tried buffing the rest of the car?
Old 9/26/13, 04:23 AM
GT Member

Yes. I washed and clayed the car before starting.

Just to be clear. I did not wet sand the car. When looking at the car I could see swirls in the sun's reflection only, nor could I feel them. So I didn't think it was necessary to wet sand.
Old 10/1/13, 08:14 PM
GT Member

bump, round two for some help