2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/04, 05:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Well here it is. This morning I dropped off my Black mustang to get a aftermarket stripe kit installed. And then they were going to "armor guard" it. Well I got there about a half an hour before closing.

First thing they charged me $850 to install the stripes. (2 10'' stripes over the top and a set of stripes on the rocker with the "GT 300".) That price just to install it I supplied the grafix.
They kept telling me how great this guy is. So, if he is as good they said I don't mind paying for perfection. Ok a really good job.

Well they put the GT 300 on the back of the car instead of the shelby style. I might be able to live with that. But, there are bubbles all under the stripes. :notnice: The corners of the stripes are jagged. I't really looks Half assed to me. The guy I got the kit from left his number in the box and I told the service department mang. to have the guy that installs it to call. :bang: and you guessed it he didn't :bang:

Well after all that I look at the paint
The paint is scratch to heck :angry:

Well after all that rant what I need help with is it possable to get the scratches out.
I am at the point I am planning on stopping the charge and pulling off the stripes.

I am sick!
Old 12/3/04, 05:16 PM
GT Member

Hmmm... That is really pooty. I would demand they pay for all the repairs.. take pictures. If they give you a hard time I would take them to small claims. That is horrible. :notnice:

Heck I would demand a new car.
Old 12/3/04, 05:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Lynx4Ben@December 3, 2004, 6:19 PM
Hmmm... That is really pooty. I would demand they pay for all the repairs.. take pictures. If they give you a hard time I would take them to small claims. That is horrible. :notnice:

Heck I would demand a new car.
I had left my car at the dealership just so they can't say It was me.

And it was Griffin ford. They started out great but after I payed for it things really changed.
Old 12/3/04, 05:19 PM
GT Member

darn that kind of :nono: pisses me off. It isn't even my car and i'm absolutly irrate after hearing that story.

And to do that to a Packers fan!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/3/04, 05:31 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

I'd stop the check and demand satisfaction on the stripes and the scratches...Rex
Old 12/3/04, 05:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

as far as the scratches, find a good doll-up shop in the area and have them pay to have the detail shop buff it out.
Old 12/3/04, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Karpro@December 3, 2004, 6:56 PM
as far as the scratches, find a good doll-up shop in the area and have them pay to have the detail shop buff it out.
Will that get the scratches out. It almost looks like they took a brillo pad to it.
Old 12/3/04, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

If they are too deep to buff you'll be able to "catch" your thumbnail on them. If you can't, they should rub out.
Old 12/3/04, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

This is what I've been saying. You think that the dealership would have the cream-of-the crop working for them. Simply not true.

I feel for you. Take the car back and demand they fix it right. I'm amazed that they charged you $850. Around here, most bodyshops rate is around $65.00 an hour. I don't think it took over 10 hours to apply the decals. heck, for that, you could have had them painted on.

Good Luck. Go kick some . :flame2:
Old 12/3/04, 07:17 PM
FR500 Member

the dealer screwed u over huh......well this is the best time to call the district manager!! this is a must. it could mean the dealer would lose their blue oval if its legit and has one. i suggest u get the number from

http://www.blueovalnews.com

try it what have u got to lose?? cuz u know how it is with DM's. send them pix too and they will go nuts........good luck.......
Old 12/3/04, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Take them for everything you possibly can to send a message out that this kind of behavior will not be TOLERATED!
If that doesn't work call up the Pear Bear! That man has ways of dealing with this kind of pond scum!

ps Hey Pear, you need backup give me a buzz! We have a code to enforce! You mess with one of us, then you goin' to be messin' with ALLLLLL OF USSSSS!!!!
Old 12/3/04, 08:05 PM

I had rocker stripes added in houston - with 300 GT in the shelby position, and I was charged $81.

They also did a great job, in about 1 hour. I think you got screwed and should raise heck.

Post the number to the dealership and lets start hammering them for resolution to your situation.

Either fix it, at no charge, to your satisfaction, or return it to the state it was in prior to you giving them your car to stripe.
Old 12/3/04, 08:34 PM
FR500 Member

hey REDFIRESNAKE....who is this person u speak of?? who is this pear bear sounds intresting haha
Old 12/4/04, 05:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Stop payment on the check...Until they have fixed your problem.
Old 12/4/04, 07:32 AM
GT Member

Hey Randy, where in Houston did you get your stripes installed? I am looking for a shop to get stripes done here in town, haven't had any luck finding one yet.
Old 12/4/04, 07:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by sync007+December 3, 2004, 7:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sync007 @ December 3, 2004, 7:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Karpro@December 3, 2004, 6:56 PM
Will that get the scratches out. It almost looks like they took a brillo pad to it. [/b][/quote]
The scratches would have been caused by the plastic Squeegee they used to lay down the stripes. They should have placed a paper towel around it to prevent the scratches. Sounds like they were in a hurry.
Old 12/4/04, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

sounds like you should stop dealing with the service manager and pay the owner of the dealership a visit. If it were my car, not only would the stripes be put on correctly, but the paint would also be fixed properly....... at their expense.

AND I would kindly let the owner know that if the car was not up to my expectations, that they would be getting it back, until it WAS fixed right!
Old 12/4/04, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

1. Stop the charge, 850 for installing stripes is outragious
2. Take a lot of detailed pictures
3. Leave the car as it is, you will need proof
4. Contact the general manager and demand he sees the car in person
5. If he doesn't offer a royal settlement put a lawyer on it and contact the FMC distric manager

and 6...

Do not ever again expect any dealership to do any decent aftermarket work, weather it's tint, alarm, stereo, striping, paint guard or whatever. Do it yourself or go to a professional...
Old 12/4/04, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

seriously screwed

if its a check ..stop it
if its credit card call them and get it off

dont EVER take the car home or off the lot after you see work like that, because then it could be said that you did it.

you might want to have a cop come down and file a report so your have proof. an actual police report of the incident.
call the district manager from FORD

see the owner in person

find a lawyer that doesnt charge up front and sue them and get the lawyer fee in the suit.
Old 12/5/04, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

And tell them they're not worthy of having mustangs grace their lot! It's not a right, it's a privilege! It should be against the law to abuse a pony like that!