2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I made a show poster

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/05, 05:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made up this poster, to display at shows. I have never used Photo Shop before, took me a while to figure it out. But I think it turned out pretty good. I will have it printed, 18" x 24". Whatcha think?

Old 10/15/05, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's pretty nice. I make show posters for people as a 'side' job (mostly for people on the Cougar forum i'm on) and 18x24 is about the most common size.

Are you going to have it mounted on foamcore or anything? you should. Then you should get an easle or something so it stands up real nicely.

I like the big picture of the car on there. Did you make the poster at a really high resolution? The higher the resolution, the nicer it will print.

Here are some samples of the posters I have made. Adobe Acrobat will be needed to view these in Windows, Mac OSX should read them natively.
Old 10/15/05, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice.

I'm not artistic at all so I really can appreciate it when someone is.

Good job.
Old 10/15/05, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ov3n@October 15, 2005, 5:33 PM
Are you going to have it mounted on foamcore or anything? you should. Then you should get an easle or something so it stands up real nicely.

I like the big picture of the car on there. Did you make the poster at a really high resolution? The higher the resolution, the nicer it will print.

Well, since I have no experience doing this, I was just gonna take the file down to Kinkos or something (on disk) and see what the would charge to print it on different media. ? I will check into the foamcore. I figured I would just set it in the windshield for display.

I started the resolution at 500dpi, and the program was incredibly slow, so I started it over at 200dpi. The car images are 230. So, I am not sure how good it will look at 18"x24". May be too big for those small resolutions... ? If so, Ill have it printed smaller.

I appreciate your compliments, coming from an artist, that means alot! I appreciate compliments from non-artists as well!!

I couldnt view your pictures here at home, I will try monday at work.

Thanks!
Old 10/15/05, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

hehe 500dpi is very bery big... generally anything should print decently when you have it at 150-300 dpi... photoshop will run slowly on even the nicest of computers when you get into images that large

now just so you know -- if you're expecting to pay like $5 for this, think again... oversized printing (and foamcore mounting) is not cheap by any means.. more often than not, i've had people come in, want something massive printed, then they flip out when they find out it isn't cheap. (depending on the store, oversized printing can end up being $10 per square foot, plus another $5 per sq. foot to mount).

this is printed on an inkjet printer that uses 5-foot-wide rolls of paper. just think of your average home inkjet printer, and make it like 10 times larger, and that's what you've got.. ink aint cheap, nor is paper (especially specialized paper like these printers need)... nor is the printer (the ones I use would be about $13k if you wanted to buy one)..

just so you know.. just didnt want you to be shocked.. since i dont know if you were planning on spending only like $10 or what.. heh.

when you save the image to go get printed, save your image as "photoshop pdf" and use ZIP as the compression method. that will give you good quality and the file size should also be reasonable.. plus anyone should be able to read that format.
Old 10/15/05, 07:09 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Awsome Job
Old 10/15/05, 09:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love it. are you gonna change those rims? I could see 18" chrome bullits on that :worship:
Old 10/16/05, 05:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks ov3n for all the hints and tips! I really appreciate that! Yeah, I figured it wouldnt be cheap to print, thanks for the warning.

Boltzman, I paid extra for those rims! No plan to replace them anytime soon... I DO like the look of some of the ones coming out! Too late. I have a hard time justifing changing parts off the car when the parts are in perfect condition. For instance, the CAI, front fascia, rear wing... (future cosmetic mods)
Old 10/16/05, 08:07 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by porkster@October 16, 2005, 7:46 AM
Thanks ov3n for all the hints and tips! I really appreciate that! Yeah, I figured it wouldnt be cheap to print, thanks for the warning.

Boltzman, I paid extra for those rims! No plan to replace them anytime soon... I DO like the look of some of the ones coming out! Too late. I have a hard time justifing changing parts off the car when the parts are in perfect condition. For instance, the CAI, front fascia, rear wing... (future cosmetic mods)
UNDERSTOOD! you could always sell those and get close to what you paid though.just a thought. To each his own though!
Old 10/17/05, 05:19 AM
Bullitt Member

hmmm, now that IS a thought!

ov3n, I saw your signs. Those look awesome! How do you come up with so many different ideas and designs? Do the folks that you make them for give you ideas? Do you use PhotoShop?
Old 10/17/05, 09:33 PM
GTR Member

Porkster,Where is Malabar anyway??
Old 10/18/05, 04:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Central East Coast. Just south of Melbourne. South of Cape Canaveral (we can watch the shuttle from home). Born and raised here!
Old 10/20/05, 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by porkster@October 17, 2005, 6:22 AM
hmmm, now that IS a thought!

ov3n, I saw your signs. Those look awesome! How do you come up with so many different ideas and designs? Do the folks that you make them for give you ideas? Do you use PhotoShop?
Yeah I generally use photoshop...

Sometimes people will give me suggestions on what they want.. Other times all I get are some photos and a mod list and I have to come up with something.. Depends on how much they trust me.

I will usually have them find a background image they like, then I will find something similar, or try to make that, the text, and the photos kinda integrate together.. I guess that's the best way I can explain it.. hehe..

thanks for the compliment