2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I LOVE MY SPOILER

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/05, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ducktail looks good, but I prefer the stock spoiler.
Old 6/27/05, 09:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Im very worried...If i decide to get a GT and go for the spoiler delete,will my car go flying off the road? The spoiler must of really produced downdraft in the wind tunnels,or why else would have ford added the extra weight.Why is ford willing to put people in harms way by not making the spoiler mandatory? I dont get it,could it be possible that the spoiler is just there for cosmetic reasons,and serves no real purpose.
Old 6/27/05, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tom_vilsack@June 27, 2005, 10:02 PM
Im very worried...If i decide to get a GT and go for the spoiler delete,will my car go flying off the road? The spoiler must of really produced downdraft in the wind tunnels,or why else would have ford added the extra weight.Why is ford willing to put people in harms way by not making the spoiler mandatory? I dont get it,could it be possible that the spoiler is just there for cosmetic reasons,and serves no real purpose.
To each and his own i guess, both bumper covers are cosmetic, door panels, dash, aluminum wheels, ect, ect, ect, but i like having all of them. i could see an 05 mustang coming with 15inch steel wheels, and crap covers, textured black bumper covers, like the sport track, manuel roll up windows , no carpet, standard from ford, would you like it better that way?
Old 6/27/05, 10:34 PM
FR500 Member

Would it still go fast???

BTW, I like the grills!
Old 6/27/05, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wild stray@June 27, 2005, 10:37 PM
Would it still go fast???

BTW, I like the grills!
Old 6/27/05, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WadesSonicGT@June 27, 2005, 10:40 PM

i like them too, i got them from trexbillet.com
Old 6/27/05, 10:48 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by WadesSonicGT@June 27, 2005, 9:41 PM
i like them too, i got them from trexbillet.com

Thanks. I might need to pay them a visit.
Old 6/27/05, 10:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wild stray@June 27, 2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks. I might need to pay them a visit.
Old 6/28/05, 01:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Yes......The spoiler is the only way to go IMO. The rear of the car is too big, and even more so without the spoiler
Old 6/28/05, 02:08 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All other things being equal, spoiler delete mustangs are faster than spoilered mustangs. Less drag and less weight.

Therefore spoiler delete mustangs are better. Next subject.

Old 6/28/05, 02:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Spoiler delete = :bowdown:
Old 6/28/05, 02:56 AM
Bullitt Member

the only good lookin 05 ive seen that pulled off the no spoiler really well was that orange street scene car. otherwise, spoiler all the way to the finish line
Old 6/28/05, 03:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I got spoiled! no regrets!
Happy Trails!!! B)
Old 6/28/05, 04:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think the spoiler is sweet. If they offered the ducktail....I might have got that though.
Old 6/28/05, 05:32 AM
V6 Member

I have a convertible and it definitely needs the spoiler. With the top down it looks great.
Old 6/28/05, 06:11 AM
Cobra Member

I agree with the "to each his or her own" lot, but I do think the spoiler delete helps simplify the lines of the car. It cleans them up. I like the way the rear end tapers and I think the spoiler "bulks" it up unnecessarily.

I also think that the people who say something is missing have become conditioned to expect a spoiler on a Mustang trunk lid. Just a hunch. However, the widespread use of spoilers on everything from minivans to grocery getters has diminished the significance of the spoiler. I doubt it delivers noticeable improvement in handling, unless you're travelling over 200 mph. Which in the Mustang's instance is not possible anyway.

Aside from all of that, I like the idea that the spoiler is missing from my car because it tells people that I ordered my car to my liking. The spoiler automatically comes on the GT. When it's missing, everyone knows that my car was specially ordered. Not a big deal, just kind of neat. It also has a certain "sleeper" quality I like and it's perfect if you decide to apply a ducktail to the decklid in the future.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, it's just my opinion. No right or wrong, just the way I feel.

But I'm glad you love your spoiler!
Old 6/28/05, 06:12 AM
Banned

Stock Spoiler. Love it. I was next to a 69 Mach1 on the caravan trip to KC, and the spoilers are very similar. GREAT JOB FORD....
Old 6/28/05, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

Origionally I didn't care for the spoiler, but since I couldn't wait to buy this car I ended up getting one off the lot with the spoiler. It's grown on me and now I'm pretty happy I have it. I like the way it looks and best of all at night when a truck pulls up behind me, the spoiler blocks their bright headlights from blinding me in the rear view.

I really like the ducktails that are moulded into the cars rear end they look fantastic, but I'm happy enough with the stock and it saves me some cash because I know had I had it deleted I would have to have a duck tail.
Old 6/28/05, 06:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree that the rear does need a spoiler but not the stock spoiler. A ducktail IMO fits the car so much better. The only issue I have with the ducktail spoilers that are out now is the "lip" it has on the bottom where it meets the bumper. It should have been contoured smoother to the body so it blends into the rear bumper better.
Old 6/28/05, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@June 28, 2005, 6:14 AM
I agree with the "to each his or her own" lot, but I do think the spoiler delete helps simplify the lines of the car. It cleans them up. I like the way the rear end tapers and I think the spoiler "bulks" it up unnecessarily.

I also think that the people who say something is missing have become conditioned to expect a spoiler on a Mustang trunk lid. Just a hunch. However, the widespread use of spoilers on everything from minivans to grocery getters has diminished the significance of the spoiler. I doubt it delivers noticeable improvement in handling, unless you're travelling over 200 mph. Which in the Mustang's instance is not possible anyway.

Aside from all of that, I like the idea that the spoiler is missing from my car because it tells people that I ordered my car to my liking. The spoiler automatically comes on the GT. When it's missing, everyone knows that my car was specially ordered. Not a big deal, just kind of neat. It also has a certain "sleeper" quality I like and it's perfect if you decide to apply a ducktail to the decklid in the future.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, it's just my opinion. No right or wrong, just the way I feel.

But I'm glad you love your spoiler!
Yeah, what he said Couldn't have said it any better, but I totally agree, w/out the spoiler the rear flows better. With the spoiler, it's too big IMO. The rear is big enough, BABY GOT BACK!

And I agree about it being more rare w/out it. Just Sunday, I was at a graduation party and my lil bro's friend was like "where's the spoiler". I told him I ordered the car w/out it!

Either way, the car looks great, so to try and convince one another which one looks best is a waste of time, let everyone decide on their own.

Quick Reply: I LOVE MY SPOILER