2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I guess it's the night to get pulled over.....

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/04, 12:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I got it too.... I'm just poking along at the speed limit, and then I see the Cop do a U-Ball and come up behind me. He paced me for a couple minutes and then turns on the flashers, so I pull over. He walks up to the car and asks for my license, and then proceeds to tell me that he pulled me over for no front plate???? Gee, since I just bought the car 4 days ago, I have a temporary in the back window, and a dealership ad-plate on the rear......(Duhhhhhh). He says now he knows why I don't have a front plate....(Duhhhhhh). "How 'Ya like the New Mustang"? he says....to which I reply "I Love It".....and then it's a "Drive Safe" and "Enjoy the Car". He made a point to write my name down on his scratch pad though.....probably to see if I put a plate on when I do get them??? Half the nice cars in Longview don't have front plates, but the Torch Red sticks out as not having one, that's for sure. Some Cops would rather harrass people than catch criminals I guess......
Old 12/4/04, 12:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@December 4, 2004, 1:16 AM
Yeah, I got it too.... I'm just poking along at the speed limit, and then I see the Cop do a U-Ball and come up behind me. He paced me for a couple minutes and then turns on the flashers, so I pull over. He walks up to the car and asks for my license, and then proceeds to tell me that he pulled me over for no front plate???? Gee, since I just bought the car 4 days ago, I have a temporary in the back window, and a dealership ad-plate on the rear......(Duhhhhhh). He says now he knows why I don't have a front plate....(Duhhhhhh). "How 'Ya like the New Mustang"? he says....to which I reply "I Love It".....and then it's a "Drive Safe" and "Enjoy the Car". He made a point to write my name down on his scratch pad though.....probably to see if I put a plate on when I do get them??? Half the nice cars in Longview don't have front plates, but the Torch Red sticks out as not having one, that's for sure. Some Cops would rather harrass people than catch criminals I guess......
I live in Ny . state requires a front licence plate. I refuse to drill holes in my front bumper. Never got pulled over for it. I'd rather pay the fine than drill holes in the bumper. Front plates are stupid . NO reason for them.
Have the lisence plate within hands reach . next time ya get pulled over put it on your dash before you stop and tell them that you just got the bumper fixed and you yet to put it on.
Old 12/4/04, 12:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Lovin the Torch Red ... i'll be gettin my Torch Red v6 very soon
Old 12/4/04, 02:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 2005muzzy@December 3, 2004, 11:24 PM

I live in Ny . state requires a front licence plate. I refuse to drill holes in my front bumper. Never got pulled over for it. I'd rather pay the fine than drill holes in the bumper. Front plates are stupid . NO reason for them.
I'm with 'ya on the NO PLATE thing. When I bought the car, the dealership had screws in the front bumper, but they didn't screw them in more than half way. I removed them, and after I put a tiny bit of touch-up paint on, the bumper will just have tiny holes, but they aren't flared out beyond the factory dimple. I am enjoying the heck out of the automatic tranny......it's plenty fast, but it keeps me more responsible in my driving habits. No tickets or accidents in over 25 years, and I want to keep it that way.....
Old 12/4/04, 04:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Gives you a whole new appreciation for the po-po when they let you slide on a little mishap
Old 12/4/04, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

We have also decided not to put a front plate on. (Required in NJ) We've been told putting it in the front window may work but that brings up a whole new set of issues.
Old 12/4/04, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, ya, We rock!

He asked me about the fogs and I showed him even that they really don't do any difference, and he agreed.
Old 12/4/04, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Plus, the real reason to pull over someone on a Friday night at 12:45 is to check if they are drunk. He was tailing me and just waited for a reason pull me over, hence the 10 over. between speed changes.
Old 12/4/04, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@December 4, 2004, 1:16 AM
thats what makes them cops

think about it

is it life threatening to harass average citizens??

or to harass ppl in the "bad areas"?

thats why they pick us

i was pulled over because the cop saw me and my girlfriend switch seats so she would drive and gave us a huge thing...i told him.. its not illegal for my girlfriend to drive..its between my mother, her insurance, and my girl and he shut up and let us go lol
Old 12/4/04, 09:50 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by jcopin@December 4, 2004, 11:45 AM

i was pulled over because the cop saw me and my girlfriend switch seats so she would drive and gave us a huge thing...i told him.. its not illegal for my girlfriend to drive..its between my mother, her insurance, and my girl and he shut up and let us go lol
When people switch drivers, it's often (not always) due to the driver not being sober enough to drive. He was probably just checking. Drunk driving does kill people. He was actually doing his job that time. Actually trying to prevent a crime/death, rather than just report the crime like they usually do. Only happened once, no tickets, no problem. Chill. B)
Old 12/4/04, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+December 4, 2004, 10:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05GT-O.C.D. @ December 4, 2004, 10:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jcopin@December 4, 2004, 11:45 AM

When people switch drivers, it's often (not always) due to the driver not being sober enough to drive. He was probably just checking. Drunk driving does kill people. He was actually doing his job that time. Actually trying to prevent a crime/death, rather than just report the crime like they usually do. Only happened once, no tickets, no problem. Chill. B) [/b][/quote]
thats ok

then he started with the you have to remove the tints..what are you doing here at this time
which i promptly replied the night time curfew is only in fallujah =p

stupid questions get stupid answers lol

he spent 10% of his time with seeing if were drunk

we werent

i was just tired and had a headache

if it was just that and he left then fine... but it wasnt
Old 12/4/04, 10:16 AM
FR500 Member

if a cop pulled me over when i wasnt doing anything wrong and wasnt gonna give me a ticket u know if he really wanted to just see the car it would amuse me and give me a sense of relief haha. its attention. i would make short convo cuz thats how i am but lol good story
Old 12/4/04, 10:18 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by hispony@December 4, 2004, 9:31 AM

We have also decided not to put a front plate on. (Required in NJ) We've been told putting it in the front window may work but that brings up a whole new set of issues.
i live in NJ. as much as i dont wanna put that front plate ................ i will :bang:
Old 12/4/04, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

cops on Long Island are BORED

they love harassing ppl

couple months ago cops were called for a disturbance at 5pm which was just a family barbeque around the corner from me in nassau county in a normal middle class neighborhood. and before you know it the cops shoving his knee into a 15yr old girls back as he arrest them for *gasp* talking back to him... we dont have cops here we have parents with guns running around
they hineyholes

a 4th precinct cop was finally proven to raped a little girl over 20 yrs ago they finally proved it and pressed charges a couple years ago.

cops in long beach were finally locked up in jail a year ago for beating a man to beath 30 yrs ago for J walking

so who protects us from the cops?
they are the criminals
Old 12/4/04, 10:25 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any chance of you Jersey guys doing a 'trick' install for that front plate? Is there room to mount it behind the bumper cover, so it shows down through the lower grille? I think the law states that it must be visible from the front... it would be.
Old 12/4/04, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

My province just dropped the front plate requirement, earlier this year. However, I have never had a front plate.

This is how I see it:

A fine is the price you pay to do what you wish, ie having no front plate, speeding, etc. No big deal. Do I mind paying a hundred bucks here and there for those privillages? Nope.

Furthermore, in Saskatchewan, speeding does not count as points on the license, and no plate was just a simple equipment violation.
Old 12/4/04, 02:42 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 2005muzzy@December 4, 2004, 1:24 AM
Front plates are stupid . NO reason for them.
There are some very good reasons for front plates.

1. Makes a great reflector for laser.

2. Give's good shot for photo radar so they can get both the plate and your face in the photo.

3. Same for toll booths

4. Not having a front plate gives the cops a good excuse to write a ticket to raise some revenue for the town, county or state.

That's the real reason, just another way so stink money out of the public.

Years ago when I was 16 and just got my first car, I was out taking it for a ride the first night. I got pulled over by a cop. I asked him what the problem was. His response "Do you know that you have temporaray plates on this car" DUH, thanks for letting me know officer. I just picked my car up 3 hours ago, so I must have forgot I had temporary tags on it. :bang:
Old 12/4/04, 03:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by jcopin@December 4, 2004, 11:23 AM
they are the criminals
I don't mind some cop bashing, everybody has bad run ins, but it's pretty unfair to label an entire profession with experience from only a few, or from stories you have heard. What most people don't realize is that cops deal with good and bad people everyday, but due to their job, its normally the bad. A lot of the things people complain about is simply a cop trying to insure his personal safety, and whether you can see it at the time or not, your safety too. Most people also don't realize that the little things (a lack of front plate, a cracked windshield, a burned out bulb, expired stickers, etc) often lead to the discovery of bigger things (stolen cars, drugs, warrants, etc). Now I can't stick up for these officers, because I wasn't there, but I can say in the majority of situations, give them respect, and they will give you respect.

The easiest way to start things off right, is when pulled over 1. Turn on your interior lights 2. Put and keep your hands on the steering wheel 3. keep your seatbelt on and 4. Be cooperative (cops really hate it when people think they know the law better than them)

Not trying to rag on everybody, but the above leads to much more calm situations and pleasant dealings with the officers sworn to serve and protect you.
Old 12/4/04, 04:25 PM
GT Member

I got pulled over about a year ago on the Fairfax County Parkway for doing
62 in a 50 but I just had heard that the cops like a person to put their hands
high on the steering wheel. I pulled over (in daylight) and put my hands up
there and waited. He mentioned that he appreciated it and asked a few Q's
about my '02 GT Vert and then let me off with a warning.

A cop is also the co-founder of our local Mustang club and he is a great
resource to learn more about traffic law.
Old 12/4/04, 09:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bigred0383+December 4, 2004, 4:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigred0383 @ December 4, 2004, 4:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jcopin@December 4, 2004, 11:23 AM
they are the criminals
I don't mind some cop bashing, everybody has bad run ins, but it's pretty unfair to label an entire profession with experience from only a few, or from stories you have heard. What most people don't realize is that cops deal with good and bad people everyday, but due to their job, its normally the bad. A lot of the things people complain about is simply a cop trying to insure his personal safety, and whether you can see it at the time or not, your safety too. Most people also don't realize that the little things (a lack of front plate, a cracked windshield, a burned out bulb, expired stickers, etc) often lead to the discovery of bigger things (stolen cars, drugs, warrants, etc). Now I can't stick up for these officers, because I wasn't there, but I can say in the majority of situations, give them respect, and they will give you respect.

The easiest way to start things off right, is when pulled over 1. Turn on your interior lights 2. Put and keep your hands on the steering wheel 3. keep your seatbelt on and 4. Be cooperative (cops really hate it when people think they know the law better than them)

Not trying to rag on everybody, but the above leads to much more calm situations and pleasant dealings with the officers sworn to serve and protect you. [/b][/quote]
Just want to say thanks Jim for sticking up for us criminals. Some people have no idea what our job is like and hate us till they need us. I have been called every name in the book and some that aren't so jcopin's name callin doesn't even come close to the worst I've heard. I don't like to write tickets but some people make it easy. So thanks again to Jim and all the others who support us.

Quick Reply: I guess it's the night to get pulled over.....