Sponsored by:

I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/07, 12:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Where do you work? 3 AM is crazy early
I am a bakery manager for a grocery chain called Publix.
Old 1/3/07, 12:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robbieg
I am a bakery manager for a grocery chain called Publix.
Ah true that. That makes sense. Have to get in early and bake everything eh? Sorry about the experience, at least it was something with a sweet story, instead of some retard racoon or something.
Old 1/3/07, 01:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
If there are some car clubs in your area, can be other than Ford/Mustang - try checking with them. Members are usually "****" about their cars and might have some suggestions for body shops. As stated, your insurance company may have other ideas regarding who they want estimates from
If you happen to know anyone with a really high-dollar ride, I would ask them. In my experience, Porsche owners are the pickiest of all if you know any. Otherwise, as Ranger said, contact car clubs in your area.
Old 1/3/07, 06:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by icemant180
Robbieg, When is the BBQ?
The buzzards beat us to it, I went back that afternoon to take some more pictures for insurance with a tape measure for scale and the buzzards were already starting in on it.
Old 1/3/07, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Yeap, its done! Caught its tail end and knocked it about 10 yards spinning.
So pigs do fly?

Sorry about your car, having just dealt with my insurance company I know how bad they can suck, at least your not in NJ....right?
Old 1/3/07, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

the only kind of wild boars we have in jersey are the ugly sorority chick breed.. very very dangerous. they would total your car.
Old 1/3/07, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
So pigs do fly?

Sorry about your car, having just dealt with my insurance company I know how bad they can suck, at least your not in NJ....right?
Yeah I'm in Florida, I'm sure with all the elderly drivers here they've heard it all already.
Old 1/3/07, 10:03 AM
GT Member

Where in Florida? I live there too and if your close to the Deland Deltona area I know of a great body shop! "Crossroads" in Orange city!
Old 1/3/07, 11:02 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you're in the Southern Gulf side, I can help too.
Old 1/3/07, 12:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Chip
Where in Florida? I live there too and if your close to the Deland Deltona area I know of a great body shop! "Crossroads" in Orange city!
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
If you're in the Southern Gulf side, I can help too.
I'm in Bradenton, it's near Sarasota. Any body know any good shops close by.
Old 1/3/07, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Clearwater here. As for the shops.....
Old 1/3/07, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I took pictures of the hog for the insurance so I have proof that that's what happened. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Man Robbie, as a future GO owner, let me just say that those pictures of the damage could bring tears to a glass eyeball. I feel like sending a sympathy card or something, "so sorry for your loss"
Old 1/3/07, 02:14 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All the shops I know are between Naples, Ft Myers, etc and Port Charlotte... looks like I miss you by a few miles. Good luck man.
Old 1/3/07, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

have you posted the pics of the hog? I would like to see that..lol..but seriously!
Old 1/3/07, 05:16 PM

Sucks to hear about your car....it sucks to hear about the hog too! We hunt hogs in Okeechobee all the time with a couple dogs, no guns. Go to Need2speed.com in the South Florida section. There are a lot of guys from that area on that forum. You can also call up the guys at BMR Fabrication. There in Thonotosassa (outside of Tampa) and would more than likely know of a shop in your area.

Some pics of my sons first hog. 2-3 dogs bay up the hog and we come in and grab a leg to control it (not as easy as it sounds). We usually take em out alive. I was going to get this one mounted being his first hog, so my boy killed it on the spot. It's much harder dragging out a live hog vs. a dead hog!
Attached Thumbnails I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-davids-first-hog-i2w.jpg   I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-davids-first-hog-w.jpg   I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-davids-first-hog-i-w.jpg  
Old 1/3/07, 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool pix David, that's stuff you & your son can cherish.
Old 1/3/07, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

that sux man. i got hit in my exp in behind. cost me 3500(needed new bumper, rear door + hydro's, lights, light housing, quarter panels and most of all, paint and labor). I would say by that it looks like about 2500. figure in lights, housings, fenders, body alignments and all. If ur fender aint in bad shape a good shop could bump it and save u about 500. I hope u didnt pull any part out??
Old 1/4/07, 04:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dslimbizkit
have you posted the pics of the hog? I would like to see that..lol..but seriously!
Here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-1.jpg   I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-2.jpg   I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-3.jpg   I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance-5.jpg  
Old 1/4/07, 04:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 169stang
Sucks to hear about your car....it sucks to hear about the hog too! We hunt hogs in Okeechobee all the time with a couple dogs, no guns. Go to Need2speed.com in the South Florida section. There are a lot of guys from that area on that forum. You can also call up the guys at BMR Fabrication. There in Thonotosassa (outside of Tampa) and would more than likely know of a shop in your area.

Some pics of my sons first hog. 2-3 dogs bay up the hog and we come in and grab a leg to control it (not as easy as it sounds). We usually take em out alive. I was going to get this one mounted being his first hog, so my boy killed it on the spot. It's much harder dragging out a live hog vs. a dead hog!
Have you ever heard of a place called River Ranch, I own some property there. Its a huge area near lake whales you can hunt and ride ATV's
Old 1/4/07, 07:00 AM

I live in West Palm Beach and go to Tampa alot for work. I pass river ranch all the time. Nice place in the middle of nowhere.

Quick Reply: I got hit by a wild hog, need help with insurance