The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   As i finally touched a 05 tonight... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/i-finally-touched-05-tonight-392073/)

jcopin 10/16/04 03:47 AM

as i was at northport ford tonight in my girls 98 mustang looking at theyre yellow V6 with the appearance package which looks really nice too... the first time i touched a 05...<shiver> ..anyway this dopey little civic farts up to stare at it then he see me and backs into the dealer and farts away with his giant coffee can.. i think he was pushing it as hard as he could because the tires chirped..but it just finished raining 5 minutes before....sounded like a leaf blower.. my girlfriend was like.. oh god was a desperate attempt to maintain his own little rice world in front of his girlfriend...so we laughed...

do people with these little econo boxes actually think having a car that sounds like gardening equipment is cool?

cobradude 10/16/04 04:29 AM

That is so true...I cant belive the waist of money it is to make your car sound like a fart

Toney C 10/16/04 04:32 AM

Originally posted by cobradude@October 16, 2004, 4:32 AM
That is so true...I cant belive the waist of money it is to make your car sound like a fart
:lol: :lol:

Tha's funny stuff

Ron9 10/16/04 04:35 AM

"gardening equipment"

Now THAT was funny. Thanks for the laugh - I needed it lol.

dke 10/16/04 05:52 AM

Personally, for me, nothing is as lame as a front wheel burn-out, a dangly can hanging off the back of your car (and often dragging on the ground), or the throbbing power that only 4 cylinders can give you.

bullittman68 10/16/04 08:33 AM

:happy: exactly

Paris MkVI 10/16/04 08:37 AM

My wife and I call them Diarrhea Cars. :puke:

97svtgoin05gt 10/16/04 08:41 AM

I love the fart guys when you pull up next to them and they HAVE to step on the fart pedal to increase the intensity of the fart. Doesn't go anywhere...but..the sound is quite gastric.

uthatch 10/16/04 09:05 AM

Originally posted by dke@October 16, 2004, 5:55 AM
Personally, for me, nothing is as lame as a front wheel burn-out, a dangly can hanging off the back of your car (and often dragging on the ground), or the throbbing power that only 4 cylinders can give you.
I don't know about the front wheel drive burnout thing...my dad had a '04 Caddy deville and with the traction control off, it really roasted the tires. I tell you what, you could hardley get more looks if you rode through town with your hair on fire. :-D

Maverick2006 10/16/04 09:34 AM

My friends and I call them rice cars

jcopin 10/16/04 12:14 PM

you know whats really funny about this 4 wheel leaf blowers is they sound like they should be kicking your hiney..but when u see them in your rear view mirror getting tiny very fast your like huh?

RaGsHoCkEy88 10/16/04 01:01 PM

GARDENING EQUIPMENT HAHAHA

afcop13 10/16/04 01:09 PM

Gotta love the gardening equipment line........

I remember crushing some HS kids world about 3 years ago when he pulled up in a Neon next to my 93 F150 (5.0 V8). He was shocked that I killed his leafblower with my work truck that I got a wonderful 200k miles out of before selling last year.

jcopin 10/16/04 01:53 PM

yea

but seriously japanese and all econobox cars are turbo charged weed whackers

jcopin 10/16/04 01:55 PM

but let me ask you this

how many time must you be kicked in the head then be moving your lawn and come to this revelation "i need a car that sounds like this!"
?

nytsoul 10/16/04 01:58 PM

You guys are so ignorant. as much as I love the new stang, I know dozens of "garden equipment" cars that will blow it away. :notnice:

jcopin 10/16/04 02:00 PM

i can put a supercharger into a civic too... how long b4 that block goes?

jcopin 10/16/04 02:01 PM

and to all the people..well when i add blah blah to my econobox il beat your mustang!.... but if i do the same thing to the mustang..yet again im in the lead=p

go figure

im not ignorant

but i do love my country and try not to send any of my cash overseas

jcopin 10/16/04 02:03 PM

nothing says power like the sound of a bullhorn to my hiney=p

The Deviant One 10/16/04 02:05 PM

Originally posted by afcop13@October 16, 2004, 1:12 PM
Gotta love the gardening equipment line........

I remember crushing some HS kids world about 3 years ago when he pulled up in a Neon next to my 93 F150 (5.0 V8). He was shocked that I killed his leafblower with my work truck that I got a wonderful 200k miles out of before selling last year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAH!!! GARDENING EQUIPMENT! :nice:

I remember a couple years ago during my senior year in high school when my friend and I walked out into the parking lot and heard a really loud noise, like some ricer was gunning his engine. We thought it was some Civic with a really loud exhaust but when we turned a corner we discovered that it was one of the maintenance guys trimming the grass with his weed wacker. HAHAHAHA! Just thought I'd like to share this very funny experience. :-D

jcopin 10/16/04 02:13 PM

Originally posted by nytsoul@October 16, 2004, 2:01 PM
You guys are so ignorant. as much as I love the new stang, I know dozens of "garden equipment" cars that will blow it away. :notnice:
here u go ...champ

http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/defa...t99118&v=t99401

how much $ must you spend to beat a stang?

jcopin 10/16/04 02:15 PM

better yet buddy.. is 10k more enuff??

http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/defa...t99401&v=t98346

WBstangGT 10/16/04 02:19 PM

I'll take the 4k difference on the EVO and throw a supercharger on the mustang... any bets?

jcopin 10/16/04 03:16 PM

lol exactly my point..since theyre weight is almost the same to begin with

and the supercharger wont kill the v8 as fast as the 4 cyl

Brian302505 10/16/04 05:20 PM

Originally posted by nytsoul@October 16, 2004, 2:01 PM
Your missing the point, it's the sound they make!!! I know some cops that call them kazoo mufflers!!

MunkeyOnTheLoose-witha5.0 10/16/04 06:07 PM

i really dislike riced out cars. I bought a saturn SC2(i will NOT buy foreign) for better gas mileage and cost effeciency and it came with a cold air intake and performance muffler. Well, its nice to be able to hear the engine, and alot of people may not like the sound it makes, but knowing that i picked up an extra 2 mpg's on the highway when i drive alot of highway miles because of school, it makes it all worth it.

I love my mustang(84GT) and the flo's i got on it. Nothing i know sounds like it. (stock exhaust with a flowmaster muffler - 2 chamber 40 series) It actually screams like a banshee after 4K RPM's. But i needed fuel effeciency. My 10MPG was not gonna make it back and forth to school.

So not everyone buys it sound like gardening equipment....sometimes the noise is tolerable with the known benefits....cuz i KNOW it didn't pick up that much HP or TQ.

just a balancing thought.

NO2MORO 10/16/04 06:40 PM

I am a Cobra guy but I do have to put in my two cents and defend the imports.

I have had my far share of rice rockets and the sport is just the same with the stangs. When you drive down the hwy you see a nice mustang all fixed up with all the best bolt ons and has a mean sound to the exhuast, then you all so have the mustang that looked like AutoZone just had a clearence sale and the guy bought everything from the cheap stickers to the LED tail pipes.

Its all how you fix it up that makes the difference. My last import was a 1999 Civic Si with a factory 1.6Dohc, from the factory the car only made 160hp at the flywheel. When I got done with the car it laid down 268rwhp on the dyno. When I was building the car I only used the best of everything. My civic would beat my brothers 98 cobra everytime we went to the track. I had this car for three years and I drove it round trip 60 miles everyday and I never blew it up. Yes I raced it everyday.

Number 2 is that if it was not for the kids with the ricers I would not have a job. I work for Honda Manufacturing of Alabama.

Here is a pic of two of my ricers.

wantan05 10/16/04 07:03 PM

There is also the fact that a lot of kids can't afford to get 25k car, so they have to get something cheaper which is why civics are so popular, they are cheap so you have extra money to put into the car.

nytsoul 10/16/04 07:45 PM

There is a difference between "ricers" and true performance sport compacts. I'll be the first to tell you that I can't stand a base model import with every autozone ricer accessory on it. But some of you are generalizing. My good friend has a 450 horsepower Talon and he spent less than $25K to get it that way. It has loud exhaust note, but it's for a good reason. I've personally witnessed him tearing up stangs and ls1's on the strip. Come to southeast Michigan and I'll show you some crazy-fast 4 cyliders.

Dr Iven 10/16/04 08:05 PM

Geez... the definition of rice has been lost!

Rice is adding ridiculously gaudy body mods, exhaust by Folgers, and hardly any performance mods worth anything.

NO2MORO, your cars are definitely NOT rice. They are what rice aspires to be, but their owners don't know a thing about performance mods. Your cars actually look great, and sound like they performed well. :nice:

It's actually a cool thing to have a 4-banger that can smoke a V8 while keeping a tasteful exterior. But, we all know how much a V8 will own the 4-cylinder with the same mods. :yes:

upstate 10/16/04 08:09 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys kill me. Super funny stuff. First time on this site I broke out into laughter.
But you are right. I see those buzz bombs and say that's suppose to sound good? I remember in the late 60's and early 70's when muscle cars ruled if you owned a 6 you didn't put cherry bombs or glass packs on them because they didn't sound like an 8. The sound wasn't right. Now we have these 4 bangers with a hand shaker and they think it some how sounds like anything other than the weed wacker. If you can't afford a new 25K car then at least buy an American used car. If you are going to soup it up buy at least a nice 6. A 4 banger is for nothing other than economy and leave it at that. If not I have a riding mower you can buy. :lol: :lol:

Ripstang 10/16/04 08:11 PM

I feel I have to defend my garden equipment ,so here's a picture of my riding tractor painted in 1970 GTO "hugger orange" with the running boards cromed.
The pic's were taken before the side crome and hood louver decals were added . :jester:

upstate 10/16/04 08:13 PM

Can you provide a sound clip of you reving it up good. I want to hear what it sounds like when these massive engines race a Stang. :drive:

Paris MkVI 10/16/04 08:14 PM

I don't think it is a HP issue or the number of cylinders.

There's 4-bangers racing Formula 1.

You serious wrench-turners know you can get enormous HP out of four cylinders if you know what you're doing.

The issue, I think (just my opinion) is that most of the foreign sub-compacts being ridiculed here have a loud muffler with a 3 1/2 inch diameter chrome tip - and nothing else.

If they do spend any money beyond that, it goes to absurd-looking 21-inch rims with black rubber bands wrapped around them - and nothing else.

Then, if they spend any more money, they kill the handling by cutting the springs in half so it drags the ground - and that is as far as they take the mods - well except for neon lighting and other silliness.

Travis, for every serious builder like you (you know this) there's a THOUSAND kids out there doing the above absurdities and giving those cars a bad name, hence the "ricer rebellion" you usually hear on the forums.

And even you gotta admit those type mods are pretty sad. Diarrhea cars.

Just my humble opinion.

Tomley 10/16/04 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Ripstang@October 16, 2004, 10:14 PM
I feel I have to defend my garden equipment ,so here's a picture of my riding tractor painted in 1970 GTO "hugger orange" with the running boards cromed.
The pic's were taken before the side crome and hood louver decals were added . :jester:

Rice Ride... ummm I mean nice ride!!! or is it rideon??? :eek: :eek:

jcopin 10/16/04 08:21 PM

Originally posted by wantan05@October 16, 2004, 7:06 PM
There is also the fact that a lot of kids can't afford to get 25k car, so they have to get something cheaper which is why civics are so popular, they are cheap so you have extra money to put into the car.
but if u had extra money to put into the car to begin with..umm.....ok....im not getting something here

Ripstang 10/16/04 08:32 PM

Originally posted by Tomley+October 16, 2004, 8:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tomley @ October 16, 2004, 8:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ripstang@October 16, 2004, 10:14 PM

Rice Ride... ummm I mean nice ride!!! or is it rideon??? :eek: :eek: [/b][/quote]
[QUOTE] Thanks you would not belive how many "thumbs up" I get from passers by when I'm cutting the lawn. :nice:

The Deviant One 10/16/04 08:33 PM

Originally posted by Dr Iven@October 16, 2004, 8:08 PM
Rice is adding ridiculously gaudy body mods, exhaust by Folgers, and hardly any performance mods worth anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exhaust by Folgers? That's a good one! :nice:

Ripstang.....nice tractor! :banana: Bet she'd be a winner in a race. Got any 1/4mile times yet? :jester:

BTW...all this talk about rice.....I've got nothing against fast imports at all. Before I even considered buying my 03 v6, I was actually considering getting a Mitsu Eclipse, because it was a really nice car, but I had to go with a stang cuz it just seems only natural, since my previous car was a 87 5.0LX. My high school girlfriend had a souped up 98 Civic Si coupe and that thing was pretty quick. I had fun driving it, but it was nothing compared to my 5.0.

Its kinda funny when I hang out with my ricer friends that they always talk trash about Mustangs or even any muscle car in particular, but when I trounce on them, even with my bone stock v6, they wipe the smile off their faces....It's not that I hate imports at all, its just I hate the typical ricer attitudes that people have.

Drummer 10/16/04 08:45 PM

Originally posted by Dr Iven@October 16, 2004, 8:08 PM
Geez... the definition of rice has been lost!

NO2MORO, your cars are definitely NOT rice. They are what rice aspires to be, but their owners don't know a thing about performance mods. Your cars actually look great, and sound like they performed well. :nice:

It's actually a cool thing to have a 4-banger that can smoke a V8 while keeping a tasteful exterior. But, we all know how much a V8 will own the 4-cylinder with the same mods. :yes:

It all has to do with WHAT you do to it. MOD V8's and pushrod V8's push more air than a 4 cyl of equal technology. Now I know you can move alot of air through the 4 cyl, however it will only beable to handle so much before it becomes a grenade and throws a rod. STRONG v8's will handle much more power than a STRONG 4cyl.... Physics. Just as a extreme V10 or V12 will handle so much more than a V8.