2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How you rate your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/04, 07:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by woody1+November 19, 2004, 9:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (woody1 @ November 19, 2004, 9:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kluski@November 19, 2004, 2:09 PM
I am very happy with mine. My only gripes (and they are small) are:

*When the right windsheild wiper goes all the way left, it stops in the line of my view. Therefore it will create a dirty line where it stops and it is distracting.

*I think there will be several scratches along the back of the door where the seat belt rubs when released, or when I reach for it and my ring rubs the door.

These are petty gripes. I am very happy with everything else in my car.
B) Rain-X will definately help this.

Notice bottom of the seat back on the seat base the little "Strap Thingy" as my wife called it??? Is has a magnetic base attachment. Gently pull to release and put the seat belt through this and reattach, Now you don't have to worry about scratching seat or reaching like a crane to reach your seatbelt.

:scratch: Bought the GT for my wife and she is still in shock and awe after two weeks. She still won't let me drive "HER" car. First time she has ever been possive about a car .... keeewl [/b][/quote]
I love rain-x. I do use it. It does help alot.

I use the belt minder. But that only controls the bottom portion. The top/buckle part still hits the door. Then I have to get in the habit of grabbing from below. My t-bird has tons of room between the seat and door, so I am used to that.
Old 11/22/04, 07:55 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by lwing18@November 19, 2004, 12:48 PM
650 miles.

Very pleased with the fit and finish.

Seats are very comfortable.

Ride is great. It has a sturdy feel to it.

The inside is well done. Not a lot of bling bling, but that is kind of why I like the car to begin with.

I have IUP/Red. Red in the pictures was a little too red. Just right, for me in person.

Power is very good - -sound is excellent. As people described in the early performance drives. Enough of a rumble to know you got some horses, not too loud.

I like the feel, and the sound of my transmission. No whine. Clunks once in a while if I clunk it.

Handling - - is pretty good. I can get more of a lean than I thought I would when going around a turn.

Traction - - I'm not sure what to make of the control system.... yesterday just a bit of wetness on the road, and my tail went out way easy. I don't know if the system could know I was in control or not. So, I'm not sure how this will work in real weather.

Braking - very nice. Good power.

Mpg.... a little poor.

trunk opening. ... a bit of a pain, not having an inside switch. That is the biggest "luxury" item I miss.

A/C and heating... excellent. very sensitive to small changes. I prefer this to the presets on my explorer ltd. I can make better adjustments.

Vents - the rings make it possible to make any adjusments you would like.

One problem is the shaker cd changer.... it does not read my discs, so I have a new shaker 500 head unit coming in to replace.
EXACTLY what he say's!! Same problem with the CD player too! I have the shaker 1000 unit and it willnot read mp3 CD's.
Old 11/22/04, 08:42 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received mine on Saturday. The four complaints I have right now are very minor.

1) Trunk opening is too small/oddly shaped. The trunk itself is very good though.
2) The trunk light is on the door and does not illuminate the recesses of the trunk.
3) No foot rest to the left of the clutch pedal. Over time the carpet will probably wear our there.
4) MPG is a little lower than I expected. Hopefully this will improve over time. I only have 120 miles on the car.
Old 11/22/04, 09:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

2005 GT Deluxe, Mineral Grey with Dark Charcoal cloth, IUP and auto trans. Vin sequence is 2117. Fit and finish is wondeful!

In the bright sunlight, the Mineral Grey is a very deep, rich color.

About 600 miles over 2+ weeks. The mustang wants to fly - had it up to 95 on the local bay bridge and it wanted to keep on going!! The 5 speed auto is wonderful - I've not had to run it over 4k on the tach. I like to say that "it has a gear for every occasion."

I took it to a local Mustang show Sunday and had to keep people from trying to sit in it. It won the first place trophy for popular vote (2003-2005 cars.) In talking to various folks, I think I sold about 3 or 4 more!

Only defect was a coat hook that fell off when I was cleaning the interior. Turns out that the screw was overdriven completely thru the hook. I took the screw out, reassembled the hook and correctly redid the screw and all is well again.

I love the darn thing!!
Old 11/22/04, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by ecgirard2@November 22, 2004, 9:45 AM

3) No foot rest to the left of the clutch pedal. Over time the carpet will probably wear our there.
I just noticed that last night. I thought there was supposed to be an actual pedal there. But it does have a good placement for my comfort.
Old 11/22/04, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

My Dad's Gt is the best I have driven ever... A car worth the price and more
Old 11/22/04, 10:32 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I am extremely happy with my 05. Since 10/19 I have put 700 miles. No complaints. I am real happy with the ride and handling, as well as the larger trunk compartment. Gas mileage is averaging about 23.

Had pricing been released when I ordered, (I did not want to price myself out of the car) I would have ordered Red Leather and Shaker 500. I really have no complaints though. I Love My Car!!
Old 11/22/04, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Talking

Very few, and like most others, minor complaints....

- The shaker headunit it pretty sketchy
- The lack of a dead pedal is annoying, I use that spot to push myself back into the seat to get comfy. I feel like I am going to rip to carpet up.
- I don't like how the steering wheel does not go completely vertical (still has a slight tilt towards the windshield). Unless I want to bash my knees on the bottom of the dash, I cannot drive with one hand on top of the wheel (you know, pimp style :P)

On the flip side....

- When the shaker headunit is working, it sounds great!
- I LOVE the headrests, they actually serve their purpose!
- I like the big side mirrors
- I love how tight the car feels compared to my old 2000, this one is so much tighter in every way.

I like my car, *forest gump tone* I like it a lot
Old 11/22/04, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 19, 2004, 2:09 PM
I am very happy with mine. My only gripes (and they are small) are:

*The placement of the light in the trunk. It is on the door, so when it opens, only the front smaller portion of the trunk is lit.

*When you lean the seat forward to let a back passenger in, you have to readust your seat when you return it back.

*When the right windsheild wiper goes all the way left, it stops in the line of my view. Therefore it will create a dirty line where it stops and it is distracting.

Ditto, plus placement of the cupholders. Anything taller than a mini-can interferes with shifting.

Has anyone seen a recent Saab 9-5 or 9-3? One of them has a neat vertical cup holder. It is tall and thin, when you press it, it pops out and rotates 90 degrees to make a neat cup holder. Pushing it back in is smooth and painless.

I also have a tendency to be going too fast, since the car inspires tremendous confidence.