2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How you rate your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/04, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After having your Mustangs for awhile now how do you feel about the quality, price, performance, etc. Anyone having any major problems, or does anyone wish they would have gotten more options or less options?? Just wondering how everyone feels?
Old 11/19/04, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

only thing i regret is not getting the active anti theft, but that's not a big deal... i only want it for the window roll down feature
Old 11/19/04, 09:45 AM
GT Member

650 miles.

Very pleased with the fit and finish.

Seats are very comfortable.

Ride is great. It has a sturdy feel to it.

The inside is well done. Not a lot of bling bling, but that is kind of why I like the car to begin with.

I have IUP/Red. Red in the pictures was a little too red. Just right, for me in person.

Power is very good - -sound is excellent. As people described in the early performance drives. Enough of a rumble to know you got some horses, not too loud.

I like the feel, and the sound of my transmission. No whine. Clunks once in a while if I clunk it.

Handling - - is pretty good. I can get more of a lean than I thought I would when going around a turn.

Traction - - I'm not sure what to make of the control system.... yesterday just a bit of wetness on the road, and my tail went out way easy. I don't know if the system could know I was in control or not. So, I'm not sure how this will work in real weather.

Braking - very nice. Good power.

Mpg.... a little poor.

trunk opening. ... a bit of a pain, not having an inside switch. That is the biggest "luxury" item I miss.

A/C and heating... excellent. very sensitive to small changes. I prefer this to the presets on my explorer ltd. I can make better adjustments.

Vents - the rings make it possible to make any adjusments you would like.

One problem is the shaker cd changer.... it does not read my discs, so I have a new shaker 500 head unit coming in to replace.
Old 11/19/04, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by ace0215@November 19, 2004, 10:45 AM
only thing i regret is not getting the active anti theft, but that's not a big deal... i only want it for the window roll down feature
Could you explain the roll down feature that comes with the active anit-theft
Old 11/19/04, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I am very happy with mine. My only gripes (and they are small) are:

*The placement of the light in the trunk. It is on the door, so when it opens, only the front smaller portion of the trunk is lit.

*When you lean the seat forward to let a back passenger in, you have to readust your seat when you return it back.

*When the right windsheild wiper goes all the way left, it stops in the line of my view. Therefore it will create a dirty line where it stops and it is distracting.

*I think there will be several scratches along the back of the door where the seat belt rubs when released, or when I reach for it and my ring rubs the door.

These are petty gripes. I am very happy with everything else in my car.
Old 11/19/04, 01:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Torker 2+November 19, 2004, 12:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Torker 2 @ November 19, 2004, 12:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ace0215@November 19, 2004, 10:45 AM
Could you explain the roll down feature that comes with the active anit-theft [/b][/quote]
gives you the inside motion sensor and tilt/impact alarm. You can roll the windows down with the fob by holding the unlock button, or you can roll them up or down with the key in the handle lock.
Old 11/19/04, 02:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

1100 Miles, very very pleased with the whole car itself, from the horsepower, to the handling, the shifting to the styling, to the interior to the exterior, all the goodies I put in it, the shaker 1000 audio is a def + . the alarm system is a def + as well with the motion sensors, def give my car an A+!
Old 11/19/04, 02:31 PM
Cobra R Member

1600 miles since 10/28/04

Love the Shaker1000
especially the auto volume increase when you are reving it up.

Hate the Pirellis
put on 4 BF Goodrich 255/50/17 G Force

Thought that I would dislike the mirrors and the fogs, but I like them all.

Love the radio/cd player playing after the key comes out. This lasts about 10 minutes or until you open the door.

The ride is very good over bumps in the road.

The sound of the engine is distinctive and real macho. Me likes it lots.

Seats are fairly comfy.
Back seats are just extra weight, since they offer very little leg room.

Over all head room is ok.

My right leg hurts against the console at times, so I put the seat as far back as I can handle it comfortably. I like to drive closer to the steering wheel, so I will have to get used to the adjustmernt.

Put a steering wheel grip cover over the steering wheel. My GT did not come with a leather steering wheel wrap, even though it has leather seats.
Old 11/19/04, 03:20 PM

Most beautiful car I have owned. Beats out 4 Corvettes and a 911.
Old 11/19/04, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

After 1800 miles..... it's the best car I have ever owned.
Old 11/19/04, 07:37 PM
GT Member

500 miles since saturday, the mustang is so much better than I expected. The more she is driven the more I am impressed with this vehicle. Everyone that has seen this car is impressed with it.
Old 11/19/04, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Great car! Handles very well. Smooth acceleration. Responsive. A major improvement over all previous Mustangs. If I were describing the car to Ford, I would say it's not just a hit, it's not just a home run, it's a grand slam!
Old 11/19/04, 08:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Same on the trunk light. Needs to be moved or better yet add another one.
I have long legs and drive with the seat all the way back and up. Cup holders need to be relocated on the stick shift car as they are in the way shifting with a tall cup in both holes.
A revised, better owners manual as the current one is about worthless. The ones that came with the Explorer and town car are much better.
Add an auto headlight control like on other FMC products.
I have no problem with the tires. I pushed it real hard on a curve trying to drift it and the rear end stayed in line so tires stuck well.but the dog did swap rear seats Tires were hot at the time. I did forget to turn traction control off.
Fit and finish OK and I do have the upgrade package with the red seats.
Exhaust sound just right but I did find it very hard to stay under 90 on the interstate but cruse control saved the day.
Over all I am happy with my purchase. I am sure you will too!!
Old 11/19/04, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 19, 2004, 2:09 PM

*When the right windsheild wiper goes all the way left, it stops in the line of my view. Therefore it will create a dirty line where it stops and it is distracting.

*I think there will be several scratches along the back of the door where the seat belt rubs when released, or when I reach for it and my ring rubs the door.

These are petty gripes. I am very happy with everything else in my car.
B) Rain-X will definately help this.

Notice bottom of the seat back on the seat base the little "Strap Thingy" as my wife called it??? Is has a magnetic base attachment. Gently pull to release and put the seat belt through this and reattach, Now you don't have to worry about scratching seat or reaching like a crane to reach your seatbelt.

:scratch: Bought the GT for my wife and she is still in shock and awe after two weeks. She still won't let me drive "HER" car. First time she has ever been possive about a car .... keeewl
Old 11/19/04, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 19, 2004, 3:09 PM

Have you tried useing the belt minder on the outside lower rear of the seat. It will help with that problem somewhat, we like it.
Old 11/19/04, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Torker 2@November 19, 2004, 12:14 PM
Could you explain the roll down feature that comes with the active anit-theft
If you are in a warm climate you can program the the unlock to roll down the windows. See owners manual.
Old 11/19/04, 11:55 PM
FR500 Member

I give Ford an 'A' for this one. I love the car! Would like to know if anyone else bumps their elbow on the top of the console in a 1-2 shift in the manual?
Old 11/20/04, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

All of this positive response is just making me more anxious to own my first Ford Mustang GT Experience.
Old 11/20/04, 06:49 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Torker 2@November 19, 2004, 10:21 AM
After having your Mustangs for awhile now how do you feel about the quality, price, performance, etc. Anyone having any major problems, or does anyone wish they would have gotten more options or less options?? Just wondering how everyone feels?
Love the car-I have a concern about the whining that I hear at different times though....not sure whether it's a tranny ot just something different. I'll probably have it looked at before long.

Jim
Old 11/20/04, 05:34 PM

Cyoda44, is it better than your COBRA? :scratch:

Quick Reply: How you rate your Mustang?