2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How are sales doing?

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/04, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ponyboy66@November 9, 2004, 3:21 AM
The other thing in my opinion is that this is not the best time of year to introduce the Mustang.
i couldnt agree more
Old 11/9/04, 09:32 AM
GT Member

I would bet that the dealers that have Mustangs for a week or two are the dealers trying to get thousands over MSRP.
Old 11/9/04, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@November 9, 2004, 3:13 AM
I don't believe this 2-hour-on-the-lot crap at all.... all the dealers in my area STILL have their Mustangs. It took one dealership 10 days to sell a Black GT stick, nearly fully-loaded, and that was in Princeton, NJ, an upscale area.
I'm not saying they don't sell fast other places, but I haven't seen them being sold immediately in the tons of dealerships I live around...
I agree. I think somebody is exaggerating a bit. As of a couple days ago both were still at my local dealer and have been there for a couple weeks.
Old 11/9/04, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JZInternet+November 9, 2004, 12:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JZInternet @ November 9, 2004, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OBleedingMe@November 9, 2004, 3:13 AM
I don't believe this 2-hour-on-the-lot crap at all.... all the dealers in my area STILL have their Mustangs. It took one dealership 10 days to sell a Black GT stick, nearly fully-loaded, and that was in Princeton, NJ, an upscale area.
I'm not saying they don't sell fast other places, but I haven't seen them being sold immediately in the tons of dealerships I live around...
I agree. I think somebody is exaggerating a bit. As of a couple days ago both were still at my local dealer and have been there for a couple weeks. [/b][/quote]
Ok...Whats the dealers number? I will call and clear this up once and for all.
Old 11/9/04, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT4me+November 9, 2004, 9:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05GT4me @ November 9, 2004, 9:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ponyboy66@November 9, 2004, 3:21 AM
The other thing in my opinion is that this is not the best time of year to introduce the Mustang.
i couldnt agree more [/b][/quote]
Maybe it was done like this on purpose to keep up with demand. If it was spring they would need to be pumping out as many to the northern states as they would to the south.When the snow flies stang sales will be slower than if it were sunny and 80 degrees. Not many people want to buy a mustang in Dec in Michigan. Come spring there will be a huge jump in sales again in the north--helping them keep up with demand. Just a thought...
Old 11/9/04, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@November 9, 2004, 10:35 AM
I would bet that the dealers that have Mustangs for a week or two are the dealers trying to get thousands over MSRP.
most definitely
Old 11/9/04, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealership has a Black GT out front for a few days now and will sit out front for weeks. The truth is it is ordered for a serviceman who has not yet returned. They keep it out front to peak interest. this results in 6-12 people per day inquiring.
Old 11/9/04, 11:16 AM
V6 Member

There is a redfire GT that I pass each weekend on my way to my parents. It hasn't moved in a month. I have no idea if it's sold or not, but it's at a small Ford dealer in rural MN. Winter is on it's way, and to be honest, not a single person I know gives a hoot about the car other than me. To each their own...but I think there is a lot of hype on this board and it doesn't necessarily reflect reality. B)

Josh
Old 11/9/04, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Indystang+November 9, 2004, 11:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Indystang @ November 9, 2004, 11:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JZInternet@November 9, 2004, 12:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-OBleedingMe
@November 9, 2004, 3:13 AM

I agree. I think somebody is exaggerating a bit. As of a couple days ago both were still at my local dealer and have been there for a couple weeks.
Ok...Whats the dealers number? I will call and clear this up once and for all. [/b][/quote]
What?? My word is not good enough?

Looks like they sold one of them but now they have another in it's place. Actually looks like they have 3 now.

Northgateflm.com
Old 11/9/04, 11:28 AM

There is a Windveil Blue GT Premium, 5 spd, Shaker 1000 at Robke Ford in Covington, KY. (859) 431-3673. I drove it over a week ago. Nice car.

I mentioned invoice and they laughed. I'm glad they did. As much as I want one I can't afford it yet.

I've seen several V6's in the lots.

I've seen one GT on the side of the road, Torch Red with Red interior.

The "search dealer inventory" link at http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/ doesn't so much inventory either. I think there are 3 GT's max showing up in Greater Cincinnati. Right now I'm guessing Ford is selling just about every GT they can ship.
Old 11/9/04, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Asking a dealer about anything like this topic is like asking Bush about the economy. Can you say "spin doctor".

Back in my other life (lots of money) I use to buy new cars all the time. I have heard the "spin" over and over and over.

You take a red car in for a trade-in and "boy red is hard to sell - they are just everywhere - people are sick of red cars"

You want to buy their red car and "boy we can't keep the red ones on the lot - there are three different people interested in this one right now".

There is one thing that I did not see mentioned yet. The economy is NOT in very good shape regardless of what the spin doctors are saying. You can do all kinds of things with numbers to try to make you look like a good leader.

One of the things you can do is change the column that you put places like McDonalds. You can move it from service industry to manufacturing jobs created under the spin doctors administration - after all they are manufacturing something - right? Yeah right. Yes I heard this was going on and it made me barf.

Just because we see many people on these fourms getting into one of these cool cars - don't really mean there are as many people that can afford one now that would like to have one and maybe could have bought one five years ago.

The spin doctors can say what the want to - they can play with the numbers (so they could prove they did not just lie) all they want to. I am a recruiter and have been for 30 years - I work in industrial sales. I see at least 500 resumes a week from people that are NOT buying new cars that were 5 years ago.

The economy is not all that great for car sales - these cars or other cars.
Old 11/9/04, 12:23 PM
GT Member

Bush won, Kerry lost. Get over it. This is a Mustang board, not a politcal discussion board.
Old 11/9/04, 12:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think the 2 HR turnaround may be accurate. The one that came in today was almost a month late, it showed up this afternonn and is going home tonight. Delivering them this late makes people very anxious. The stock units aren't turning over nearly as fast though.
Old 11/9/04, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can't see it being right. The cars in my area had them far longer than 2 hours--more like 2 weeks.

Although, it probably depends on the location. They may be selling slower in the northern states because winter is coming.

Jason
Old 11/9/04, 01:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I made a bunch of calls around Pittsburgh. 2 hours does not seem wrong around here. At least from what I was told. Some dealers said their's were sold after they were taken off the truck and they had none for me to look at. But I have seen one dealer with a Black V6 on the lot for about a week now. They are a goofy bunch at that lot. I usually avoid that place.
Old 11/9/04, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JZInternet@November 9, 2004, 1:54 PM
I can't see it being right. The cars in my area had them far longer than 2 hours--more like 2 weeks.

Although, it probably depends on the location. They may be selling slower in the northern states because winter is coming.

Jason
you fail to mention what price the dealership is willing to sell the car for and how many pre-orders they had.

Of course the dealers that are holding out for higher prices will take longer to sell the car.

also once you factor in the preorders it lowers the average time the car takes to sell down, because it is ALREADY sold.

The numbers can't lie too much. What was it like 25000 preorders!
Old 11/9/04, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the 2 HR turnaround may be accurate. The one that came in today was almost a month late, it showed up this afternonn and is going home tonight. Delivering them this late makes people very anxious. The stock units aren't turning over nearly as fast though
When I say the 2 hour turn-around, I am referring to the stock orders from a dealerships, not a preorder. Those, I don't doubt, will not last very long on the lot because most of them are already sold and the owner will come down as soon as they get the call from the dealership. It's their car, and they usually have already worked out a financial deal with the dealership, so there's no reason for them to let it sit there for people to touch and test drive their car.
But the STOCK orders... I really don't think they're disappearing in just a few hours. Especially with the markups. Do they eventually find a stinker? I suppose they might, but it usually takes a few weeks/months.
Old 11/9/04, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@November 9, 2004, 12:35 PM
The bump stickers at some of the dealships are unreal, however I have already seen a V6 sold at 5000 over msrp and two GT at 10000 over msrp. I dont know about the rest of you but I will wait for better deals.
Old 11/9/04, 02:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I called one dealer and they said they pulled a GT off the truck an hour ago. I said hold it, I am on the way. By the time I got there it was sold and I could not test drive it. Saw the guy filling out the paperwork.

Quick Reply: How are sales doing?