2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How much, do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/05, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...especially when they are in the middle of parking lots.

Ok, so today I go to register for classes and I park in front of this tree that is surrounded by 6x6 boards on the ground to make like a little planter box. I come back to the car, start to back out, and the front end catches on the planter box...

...aparently wood and painted plastic dont make noise when they rub up against each other. The front end was sitting on the planter for about 30 minutes. I pulled out after noticing the front end was caught because there was nothing else I could do. (Nobody was willing to stick their hand in between the two while I backed out...wonder why...)

Now the plastic is all messed up underneath and the metal ledge that the plastic for the bumper connects to is bent creating a 1/4" gap between the plastic and metal.

Any ideas as to the cost of replacing the bumper and possibly the fender? Guys who have had it done?
Old 1/13/05, 05:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

oh, i am sorry man. :-( dunno on price...
Old 1/13/05, 05:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Scuffed the underside on parking lot stump a few weeks ago... -luckily touch up paint($8) was all I needed... I've been considering getting a chin spoiler to cover it... Haven't found one yet that I like -looking for something similar to the Mach 1 that can be left unpainted.

See if any aftermarket companies have OE take-off bumpers... Saleen, CDC, XENON... usually cheaper than replacing through Ford directly
Old 1/13/05, 06:15 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kahdir@January 13, 2005, 7:30 PM
See if any aftermarket companies have OE take-off bumpers... Saleen, CDC, XENON... usually cheaper than replacing through Ford directly
Exactly, you can probably get your color as well.

Take it to a bodyshop, probably not as bad as you think, or post pictures so we can evaluate the damage.