2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have ordered sight unseen?

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/04, 11:55 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please don’t infer a negative twist on this. I’m as excited about the ’05 Mustangs as any new Mustang I have ever seen. I’m planning to seek one out as soon as some are delivered and I am making plans to buy one.

But, I’m just curious. Many of you have already ordered. What have you based that $25k decision on? Have any of those who have ordered been fortunate enough to have seen a sample - and even driven one? Or is this based solely on pictures and reviews. What if the actual car doesn’t live up to your expectations when you get it - will you decline to follow the purchase through?

Again, please don’t infer a negative twist on this. I’m not saying anyone is nuts for ordering a car physically unseen. Heck, even for me, I’ve owned only one non-Mustang car in my life (owned seven Mustangs) and will NEVER consider another car unless Ford discontinues the Mustang or just completely botches the next version - which the ’05 certainly is not. I am waiting to see one - and I’ll probably buy. I’m just wondering - what sold you on the new ’05 enough to order one at this early date?
Old 9/30/04, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered one without seeing it. I absolutely love the styling, I'm a big fan of 60's muscle so it sold me right away. Then I went to the Innovation drive out here and I am happy that I did order one.
Old 9/30/04, 12:17 PM
FR500 Member

Once I figured out that when the car arrives, and there's something I don't like about it, I'm under no obligation to actually buy it.

So that made me feel good about pulling the trigger on an order sight unseen.
Old 9/30/04, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am in the process of ordering mine now. I was going to wait until they showed up on the lots so I could drive one and make sure the ergonomics were good since I wasn't comfortable in the current one. I decided yesterday to get it while the gettin is good since it sounds like they are gonna be hard to come by for a while. If I'm not happy with it,which I don't see happening, then I won't buy it. I will still try and swing a test drive before it gets here anyway. Also it seems as if folks are getting a better deal by ordering instead of fighting the crowd and high demand when this thing finally hits the showrooms.
Old 9/30/04, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I had my name on a order list since Dec 03, I loved the new styling and had to have one. I trust Ford to not mess up this brand new Mustang. like many people have said..... this car will make or break Ford.
Old 9/30/04, 12:28 PM
GT Member

Thanks to this site and all the wonderfull people on it, I think there is very little chance that this car is not going to live up to the expectation. I have learned so much on this site that I know what to expect form the 05.
I waited till sep to order one, because I wanted the pricing to be released before I ordered.
Old 9/30/04, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was planning on getting an 04' and just decided to wait. From what i've seen, I will not be sorry. The Mustang has a long heritage to live up to.
Old 9/30/04, 01:07 PM
GT Member

But, I’m just curious. Many of you have already ordered. What have you based that $25k decision on? Have any of those who have ordered been fortunate enough to have seen a sample - and even driven one? Or is this based solely on pictures and reviews. What if the actual car doesn’t live up to your expectations when you get it - will you decline to follow the purchase through?.....
This is my first mustang, and yes I placed the order sight unseen. This is a second car for me, an Explorer is my other.

I drove the '03, looking for a car for my wife and really liked it. She did not want a Mustang. I was kind of hooked. When researching the Mustang, I saw the '05 concepts and caught the bug. I liked the fun factor, the power and the ride height.

It is very appealing to get a car that is fun , without being extravagant, to have simplicity while many issues in everyday life are not simple, to have get up and go - - without having to spend too much.

So, with improvements to power, space, and utility - - the way the back seats fold down, makes it a slam dunk. Not only that, I love the "back to the future" look that was captured. In my opinion, this Mustang draws from the past without going there. By comparison, the T-bird is a replica, which I like looking at, but not being in.

Yes, I will drive it.... but there has to be some drastic problem in order for me to pass on the car. I cannot imagine what that could be, other than being unable to get the seating/position comfortable, or the dealer screwing me on price :bang: . I do not have a committment on price.
Old 9/30/04, 01:09 PM
V6 Member

I didn't make it to an innovation drive, heck, I haven't even see one in person yet, but I'm a Mustang nut, so I must have it as SOON as possible. I ordered it the first chance I had (VIN# 10068x) and eagerly await its arrival.

This site has definitely helped alleviate any fear I had about ordering it before I’d driven it. I’ve never personally met anyone from this site, but I trust their opinions because I believe they are all Mustang nuts too!

I think it’s one of those things where I’m going to love it no matter what...love it blind.
Old 9/30/04, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by dapmustang@September 30, 2004, 11:58 AM
Heck, even for me, I’ve owned only one non-Mustang car in my life (owned seven Mustangs) and will NEVER consider another car unless Ford discontinues the Mustang or just completely botches the next version - which the ’05 certainly is not.
I think that statements sums up alot. Alot of people have know the mustang for a while, and like it.

I am one. This will be my third. And I have been trying to get one for a few years now. But when I saw this one coming out, I decided to wait. I already had a 95 Mustang, so I wanted a new body.

As my best man said at my wedding; "my wife is pure, and I am SIMPLE." I don't expect a lot from a car (it does not take a whole heck of a lot to make me happy). I don't race, so this will be a daily driver for me. I have driven the other mustang and been happy. Heck, I even liked my 76 Mustang. So I don't expect to be disappointed.

But if all things fail, I am not obligated to buy.
Old 9/30/04, 01:42 PM
GT Member

I was looking for a car that had 250+ hp, manual transmission, rwd and room for four. I had narrowed down my choice to the Mustang, RX8 and the WRX. I looked at each at the Atlanta Car show in the spring and couldn't take my eys off of the Mustang. I ordered in early June.
Old 9/30/04, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have been watching for the past couple years and was eagerly awaiting the official release of this car. From the first concept drawings up through today - I've like nearly everything about it. Sure, there are some minor things I wish had been done, or not done, but overall I'm as excited as I could be about a car I won't see or sit in until I pick it up in December. I can't freakin wait!!!!!!!
Old 9/30/04, 01:49 PM
GT Member

I ordered mine sight unseen as well. I have been mustang lover since I was 16, but I wasnt a huge fan of the most recent body styles. When I saw the new look I knew right then that I had to have one. I have also been reading this site every day and gathered quite a bit of information to help my decision. Plus, the fact that this is the 3rd car in a row I am buying from my dealer, they let me order with no money down and no obligation to buy, so if it isnt everything I think it is, I can back out.
Old 9/30/04, 02:02 PM
Banned

I ordered without ever seeing the car. I am a Mustang lover, although I have never owned one, and being in the market for anew car, I did a lot of researching to make sure I would like this car. That is when this web sight became very important to me in my decision. I know I will be happy with it.......so what the heck....I went for it!!!
________
Wong Amat Tower Condominium

Last edited by PonyGirl; 9/10/11 at 07:40 PM.
Old 9/30/04, 02:35 PM
FR500 Member

ive seen the 05 in person 2 times.....1st at the car show in NY and again at the pony driver where i got to sit in it. im on the list for the test drive. im doing the test drive just for the heck of it even tho i know im buying already. i just havent ordered yet
Old 9/30/04, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I did it in 64........Worked OK then SO We'll do it again B)
Old 9/30/04, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered sight unseen.
Main reasons:
My wife is letting me.
I absolutely love the styling. Which some people say is balnd or plain which to me makes it all that more attractive. MHO.
The ponies under the hood. After seeing the burnout video I know I will be able to relive a little of my youth again. And I mean a little. I am surprised I am alive or even made it out of my youth in one piece. I was a complete idiot. So I will back off a bit. Nuf said. I love the car. And thats that! THANKS TO ALL ON THIS FORUM. SPECIALLY BRAD!! I really enjoy you guys and gals.
Old 9/30/04, 03:05 PM
GT Member

I grew up in a Ford family-that definitely has something to do with my confidence in this car. Although I have yet to see the car in person, I immediately loved the photographs on the Ford website. As for my previous cars, I have never owned a car that was built after I started driving (1989). So my 85 ford T-Bird is ready to be put out to pasture and I am ready for a NEW car.

According to my wife, anything at this point will be an upgrade.
Old 9/30/04, 03:31 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I ordered sight unseen also, but also have never owned anything except Mustangs, so I place my confidence in Ford. I have'nt been unhappy with one yet so I anticipate no problems. I held off trading till this body style was released because I've liked the styling from the get go.

PonyGirl, You'll never want to own anything else again either. You will be hooked. !
Old 9/30/04, 03:34 PM
V6 Member

Wow …

These thoughts echo my own. The only thing that stops me from ordering now is some financial affairs to get in order before I commit to $25k +.

I can relate to “Mustang or nothing”. I read “How to buy a new car” articles. They start on how to narrow down your selection. I always think, “There is no selection, I want a Mustang”!

I bought my last Mustang new in 2000. I hesitated because I had been set on the ’98 body style, and there were a few things about the 2000 I didn’t like. I was in a quandary - either a used ’98 or a new 2000. Then my wife said - in her infinite wisdom - “Fall in love or get over it”. That sealed the deal for me. I’d rather have a Mustang with things I don’t quite like over any other car. Within a couple of months, I did love everything about the new look, and the pre-1999 styles started to look dated.

My first look at the ’05 left me with some areas I didn’t like - very few - but many areas that actually got my pulse racing. The last time a picture got me that excited I was 16 and could only look at it with a flashlight. Now, there’s nothing much left that hasn’t grown on me. I like this styling MUCH more initially than I ever did with the 2000. And being 47, I love the connection back to my youth. What a mixture of today’s technology and styling with a solid connection to the Mustang’s roots.

I just hope the first one I see in person holds true to all the visions in my head. Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

Quick Reply: How many have ordered sight unseen?