2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How does the import resistance percieve us?

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/05, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!!! I WARN YOU THAT YOU WILL LIKELY BECOME ANGRY AFTER READING ONLY A FEW POSTS !!!!!

Many of us are so entrenched in our love of our cars and love of the Mustang. What do those on the outside think? Read this forum topic to find out:

Autoweek Forums Topic

It's very easy to feel like rolling in there and cutting heads off. The top 5 best arguments that they can come up with for NOT liking the new Mustang are:

1) The head lamps look and feel (????) cheap to them
2) The tail lights don't look good
3) it's got a "wimpy" 210 hp base model V6
4) No IRS
5) They are selling too many (OH NO! A HIT PRODUCT!)

Among others - Cheap interior, "fake aluminum dash is cheap", Doesn't corner well.

As far as I'm concerned the only side of my car they'll see is the tail lights as I smoke off into the distance, so what does the rest of the car matter to them?

on guys
Old 7/22/05, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Don't have a cow, man. I thought it was quite funny.
Old 7/22/05, 08:32 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Montrose@July 22, 2005, 10:29 AM
Don't have a cow, man. I thought it was quite funny.

just jealous they don't have one
Old 7/22/05, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

geeez i also love how they liked the concept better, dont most concepts usually look better. and wasntthe concept not a concept but a teaser???
and was done after the Mustang was complete?
Old 7/22/05, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I have to agree, IRS would be nice, but I'll take the savings, and I do dislike the aluminum interior on the IUP. I wish ford would allow you to take the normal interior, or switch over to the dark IUP immediately.
Old 7/22/05, 08:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fake aluminum dash? Since when are the aluminum dash inserts fake?
Old 7/22/05, 09:00 AM

I have never owned, nor even DREAMED of owning a domestic vehicle that didnt say Corvette on it. I have always been Honda all the way. I have not liked domestics made after about 74. But I always loved ones made before that. I grew up around my older brothers friends and they all had 60s hot rods in the late 80s. And it has nothing to do with it being US vs Japan or anything, its always been an issue of what I felt was superior engineering and quality, not brand snobery.

That being said, I have a 06 GT on order. It will be interesting to dust my import friends when I get it. Also, I dont buy 'doesnt corner well' arguement, because the final straw that broke me over to ordering the GT was when I saw that it outhandled my Acura. I had been looking at S2000s, but the Mustang won my respect, and I love the way it looks. I feel like most cars look like space capsules today. Sure the Camaro SS is fast but it looks like a enlogated Geo Storm!

I also know one other person that is also trading their RSX on a new GT. I used to hang out on ClubRSX.com a lot, and most of the sensible people there (there are always fools on both sides) respect and even like the new Mustang.

Plus I live about 3 miles from the Ford Explorer plant in Louisville KY, and it feels sort of good to have bought an car made by us for a change. And I have actually had 7 people shake my hand and thank me for buying it. ( local Ford workers ). Theres something to that. So count me as a convert.
Old 7/22/05, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

There's a lot of hate and stupidity in the world. Drive what you like and don't worry about what the learning impaired think. Most of the arguements are subjective, not something to argue about. There was a couple decent points, but the Stang starts at $20,000. Its easy to build a good expensive car. Its a lot harder to build a good inexpensive car. Most of the cars being compared to the Stang are over $30,000. The best compliment you can make.
Old 7/22/05, 09:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

The sad fact for those people is that only a handful posting their opinions have even driven the new Mustang. Right now a lot of them are feeling cornered because of the overwhelming success of the 05's. They can have their opinions but to me they hold no real value at all. Remember, that topic was started by a person who invented a new species in his mind... a "Unicron"

Best thing to do... ignore them and roll on
Old 7/22/05, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Seems like all the negatives are about the interior. Isn't it obvious that most of Fords energy was put into the engine? The performance is what makes this car great, and the interior has been greatly improved, but if it feels cheap to some people, don't you tihnk they need to cut back in some places to keep the car the best bang for your buck?

That post makes me wanna throw up. Not one good argument in the thread. Let's see, every review praises it, about 1/4 of a million bought it the first year it came out, and every person I have seen loves it. People are jealous of perfection!

I'm sure they'll be hating on the mustang when I blow their doors off their imports and leave them in a trail of smoke!
Old 7/22/05, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by 06VistaBlueGT@July 22, 2005, 11:03 AM
I have never owned, nor even DREAMED of owning a domestic vehicle that didnt say Corvette on it. I have always been Honda all the way. I have not liked domestics made after about 74. But I always loved ones made before that. I grew up around my older brothers friends and they all had 60s hot rods in the late 80s. And it has nothing to do with it being US vs Japan or anything, its always been an issue of what I felt was superior engineering and quality, not brand snobery.

That being said, I have a 06 GT on order. It will be interesting to dust my import friends when I get it. Also, I dont buy 'doesnt corner well' arguement, because the final straw that broke me over to ordering the GT was when I saw that it outhandled my Acura. I had been looking at S2000s, but the Mustang won my respect, and I love the way it looks. I feel like most cars look like space capsules today. Sure the Camaro SS is fast but it looks like a enlogated Geo Storm!

I also know one other person that is also trading their RSX on a new GT. I used to hang out on ClubRSX.com a lot, and most of the sensible people there (there are always fools on both sides) respect and even like the new Mustang.

Plus I live about 3 miles from the Ford Explorer plant in Louisville KY, and it feels sort of good to have bought an car made by us for a change. And I have actually had 7 people shake my hand and thank me for buying it. ( local Ford workers ). Theres something to that. So count me as a convert.

Almost the same story for me! Have had a CRX Si, Civic Si and an RSX type S and totally love my Mustang GT! This car just has a SOUL the other ones don't have (and 300 horses ). It does feel good to own an American car, too!

Obviously not all will enjoy the looks or the 'feel' of the front/rear lights, but that's OK. That's one less Mustang sold to someone who will not appreciate it!

-andreas

Enjoy your GT when you get it Brian!
Old 7/22/05, 10:28 AM
Banned

I posted a message and picture of my car on the boards , so I could make them even more upset they didnt buy a mustang!!!!!

It will be interesting to see what they say to me.
Old 7/22/05, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by PonyGirl@July 22, 2005, 9:31 AM
I posted a message and picture of my car on the boards , so I could make them even more upset they didnt buy a mustang!!!!!

It will be interesting to see what they say to me.
I bet they will call you a troll.
Old 7/22/05, 10:35 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good move Rene!!

I read about two pages and laughed through most of it.

The BEST thing to me is that the guy starting the whole shebang and complaining about how the cars lights FEEL........ is using the name of a character from the Transformers movie I watched as a kid as his posting handle.......

Yeah..... I'm gonna take HIM seriously......
Old 7/22/05, 10:45 AM
Banned

I am not posting there again, they are all obviosly in the nut house. I posted 1 thread and got called a fat a#% B^%$# and a girl of ill repute..............very bitter folks there.

Whew.............glad I am a rice eater and not a rice driver...........
Old 7/22/05, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

thats uncool! sorry rene'
Old 7/22/05, 10:52 AM
Banned

No prob!!

I love this site, I love you guys, and most of all.

I love the 2005 Mustang!!!!

Enough said!!
Old 7/22/05, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Old 7/22/05, 10:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by PonyGirl@July 22, 2005, 11:55 AM
No prob!!

I love this site, I love you guys, and most of all.

I love the 2005 Mustang!!!!

Enough said!!
your new avatar is awesome!!
Old 7/22/05, 10:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just read the end of the thread. Pathetic! (not you Rene, the guy that was acting up). Instead of posting facts respectfully, all one of their member's could do was throw around insults and bitter words. What he fails to realize is that by doing so he has classified himself as "uneducated."

Just viewing a couple pages of that website makes me really respect what the mods do here *phew* That AutoWeek site is out of control and running rampant.

Quick Reply: How does the import resistance percieve us?