2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How to disconnct annoying seat belt alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/04 | 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

I don't care if people don't want to wear their seat belt, to me thats their choice to make. I wear mine however, and don't understand why people claim its such an annoyance. It only takes about 1 second to put it on, it's not uncomfortable, they don't dig in like old ones did. My ex had an old bug whose seatbelts were torture devices ever tightening until you began to lose consciousnous. But in every car I've ridden in post 1980 or so, they are hardly even noticeable.

I only notice the sound when I first fire it up but it usually goes off before I'm buckled in, does it continue after awhile if you don't?

There used to be a box that made the buzzing sound very much like the old blinker thing under the dash by the fuse box. Was a simple fix once you located it. With new cars though, it's integrated somewhere in the dash and most likely cannot be disabled without disabling other junk too. Go get a replacement buckle and leave it plugged in, then you should be reminder free, and also free to have your shoulder, arm, face demolished when yout air bag deploys but your body is not planted in the right position.

I had an accident where my air bag's popped and those things are no joke. I was lucky I had my seating set up as per the safety book, I only got a minor burn on my wrist from the escaping rocket fuel (yes solid rocket fuel check www.howthingswork.com). The policeman on the scene told me he's seen some really viscious injuries due to the air bag deploying and the occupant not being seated properly.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:28 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

OMG here we go again...

Mother&Country, dont bother. I tried exerting my rights to my own body here in the forum before, and got the same. People call you names, site stats, etc. It matters not the reason, there are plenty of assumptions being made.

As someone else said, its in the manual how to disarm it. If you do a search you can find the original thread, and save us all the back and forth, hurling of insults, assumption, and thread disintegration.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just keep a sharp knife in your console so you can cut yourself out of the seat belt if this situation were every to occur !!

There are many companies out there that make a tool that is designed to cut the belt AND break the side glass. However, there have also been independent tests done on these window breaking "tools" and sucessfully breaking a side window from inside a car is easier said than done. I'm sure the belt cutter works though !!

P.S. ... I DO wear my seat belt, but DID go through the programing sequence on my 2004 to get rid of that anoying buzzer !!
Old 12/29/04 | 03:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mother&country@December 29, 2004, 1:38 PM
Has anyone found out how to disconnect the seat belt warning alarm.???
THIS THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! :angry: :angry:
The man asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer just shut up. There is way too much BS and hamering going on here. Why can't you people just answer or stay off? Andy the fact is the above posters don't have a clue but they can't miss a chance to scold someone. I will send you a PM on how to do it.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:38 PM
FR500 Member

Back to the topic at hand......

There is a funky monkey way to do it, it's in the manual, but there could be an alternative.

Find a spare buckle end and insert it into the reciever, it might work, depending on how dumb the warning system is.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:39 PM
I lust for a M24

To each his own. I used to ride without a motorcycle helmet, but won't drive (or ride) without a seatbelt. Good luck in that crash you'll likely be in.

I don't have my '05 yet, but I doubt Ford would give instructions on how to disable their safety equipment. If someone can scan that page, I'd love to see it.

Lastly, don't be like me. I tried to disconnect that annoying thing in my Camry and had no luck. I took the seatbelt apart, cut all the wires, tried all different combinations of wiring (4 wires) to get it to stop, nothing worked. Nothing worked until I cut them ALL, then my check airbag light came on. I hooked them all back up and now live with that annoying DING...DING...DING...DING... .... I'M NOT EVEN OUT OF MY FREAKIN' DRIVEWAY YET!!! ...DING...DING... :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 12/29/04 | 03:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose+December 29, 2004, 6:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mongoose @ December 29, 2004, 6:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mother&country@December 29, 2004, 1:38 PM
The man asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer just shut up. There is way too much BS and hamering going on here. Why can't you people just answer or stay off? Andy the fact is the above posters don't have a clue but they can't miss a chance to scold someone. I will send you a PM on how to do it. [/b][/quote]
Thank you, I appreciate it very much.
I finally found someone to answer my question with some common sence.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What about the door ajar ding? I work on my car alot with the door open, and the stereo on. Anyway to disarm this? Or is this in the manual too?
Old 12/29/04 | 03:51 PM

Everybody can exert the rights to their own body, and exert unlimited foolishness in doing so. But in my mind, insurance companies ought to be able to deny medical coverage for the mangling those proles inflict upon themselves for being so dimwitted as not to undertake the arduous 2-second task of buckling up. And they also should be denied any government medical benefits resulting of such an oafish exercize of rights.

If you want to vie to be this year's Darwin Award winner by taking flight through your windshield after a good vertibrea-shattering bounce off your dashboard and steering wheel, be my guest -- just not on my dime, either directly or indirectly (increased insurance and tax rates to pay for the self-damage you wreak upon yourself).

But we can discuss how we each survived a similarly grievious accident -- me with belt, you without -- while I'm sipping a cold beer and your mother is adjusting your feeding tube and changing your diaper. I've survived serious accidents fully belted where after I could comfortably enjoy a chilly one. I've also had friends in far less serious accidents end up in the latter condition because they were not belted.

There are exceptions to every rule and stat of course, but by far the surer bet to survive an accident uninjured or simply alive is to click it up, if not for your own sake, then for your friend's and family's.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:53 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

LOCK PLEASE!!!!
Old 12/29/04 | 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@December 29, 2004, 5:39 PM
The man asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer just shut up. There is way too much BS and hamering going on here. Why can't you people just answer or stay off? Andy the fact is the above posters don't have a clue but they can't miss a chance to scold someone. I will send you a PM on how to do it.
The question asked how to disable a safety warning device.

Of course you're going to get people saying "don't do it".

Seat belts do save lives.

Let me repeat: wearing a seatbelt is a justifiable action to make you safer in your vehicle.

Yes, there will be incidents where a seatbelt can be a detriment (like a submersion accident). If this is a concern carry a knife.

If you think you'll be safer in your car without wearing a seat belt, you're a fool, period.

Now the real reason for this thread is someone isn't bright enough to go look in their owner's manual where this question is already answered. I guess that goes right along with the "no seat belt makes me safer" mentality.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Treadhead+December 29, 2004, 3:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Treadhead @ December 29, 2004, 3:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Andy Haynes@December 29, 2004, 3:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tom_vilsack
@December 29, 2004, 1:57 PM
Dont be a dumb *** wear your seatbelt at all times! What if you dont have your seatbelt on and you get hit ,and because you dont have yours on you lose control of your car and hit someone else and kill them.How will you feel then?

How would not wearing your seatbelt make you lose control of your car? Personally I almost always wear mine unless I forget and then I normally figure it out before hitting the road outta the neighborhood. But I do feel that its a persons own choice to wear it or not. I truly cant stand the warning either.
The most minor of wrecks usually has enough force to throw you out of the seat and into the floorboard or other passenger area. You can't drive very well from these other places so you have no control of your car. [/b][/quote]
That makes no sense what so ever. Heck an air back coming out at you at warpspeed would cause you to do more damage to someone and lose control just as easy as the ridiculous garbage you just spoke of. I am in no way saying that I dont wear mine but its the persons own right to wear it or not. Also I know on the 03 f150s all you have to do is push the button on the seat belt and it quits buzzing. There are some pain in the butt times though that you dont need your seat belt on and the buzzing is just a pain. Such as sitting at sonic if you get cold or hot and want ac after turning your car off. Why would you need your seat belt on? I understand the logic but I think it should be as easy as a button and not have to go thru any more steps than pushing a button.
Old 12/29/04 | 04:03 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@December 29, 2004, 4:42 PM
I don't have my '05 yet, but I doubt Ford would give instructions on how to disable their safety equipment. If someone can scan that page, I'd love to see it.
Page 92 and 93 of the manual explains in detail on how to disable it either one time, or permanently.

The manual can be downloaded from this site in the timeline section.

No door ajar warning disable instructions, but I've always used a 2x4 to keep the switch in the door jam depressed, so the ding - a - ling won't ding.

And I agree with Jessica. Lock this thing, it seems everyone wants to be mommy today :scratch:
Old 12/29/04 | 04:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by mother&country+December 29, 2004, 4:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mother&country @ December 29, 2004, 4:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mongoose@December 29, 2004, 6:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mother&country
@December 29, 2004, 1:38 PM

Thank you, I appreciate it very much.
I finally found someone to answer my question with some common sence.
[/b][/quote]
I answered your question in the sixth post on this thread, its in the owner's manual, go look it up.
Old 12/29/04 | 04:08 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Geez People.....I WEAR my seatbelt BUT I disabled the seat belt alarm and the also the one that locks you in the car when you close the door!

Andy, be sure you don't miss a step and you have to be quick. It took me a couple of times but I got rid of the annoying noise.
Old 12/29/04 | 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not wearing your seatbelt and getting into an accident is still alot safer than getting into a motorcycle crash with a helmet. So along with the seatbelt law, should we also make motorcycles illegal? After all, you can't wear a seatbelt on a motorcycle. Or maybe should it just be a personal choice and if you get smashed, that's own fault.
Most accidental injuries occur in the home, and the majority of those are slip and fall accidents. How about a helmet law in the home? That would save lifes for sure.[/sarcasm. Safety devices should always be in place, I wear my seatbelt but refuse to call someone who doesn't "stupid" anymore than I expect to be called stupid for riding my motorcycle.
Old 12/29/04 | 04:31 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by SixtySix+December 29, 2004, 6:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SixtySix @ December 29, 2004, 6:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-05GT-O.C.D.@December 29, 2004, 4:42 PM
Page 92 and 93 of the manual explains in detail on how to disable it either one time, or permanently.

The manual can be downloaded from this site in the timeline section.

No door ajar warning disable instructions, but I've always used a 2x4 to keep the switch in the door jam depressed, so the ding - a - ling won't ding.

And I agree with Jessica. Lock this thing, it seems everyone wants to be mommy today :scratch: [/b][/quote]
Holy Cow 66, you are correct!!! I am surprised to see that in there!
Old 12/29/04 | 04:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So let's talk about gun control, abortion, and school prayer now....

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
Old 12/29/04 | 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 29, 2004, 2:31 PM

Mother&Country, dont bother. I tried exerting my rights to my own body here in the forum before, and got the same. People call you names, site stats, etc. It matters not the reason, there are plenty of assumptions being made.

Don't go through this again. He has a full right to do it, but that doesn't mean he can't be warned against it. He can do whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean he is closed to scorn or criticism.
Old 12/29/04 | 05:07 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

BadAndy, Yeh, I knew you would chime in again...

1. Everyone who has piped up with thier little comments about it being STUPID etc is ASSUMING he is doing it for certain reasons. He asked HOW to do something, PERIOD.

2. EVERYONE is closed to scorn on this board, as Brad and Scot have explicitely expressed as such.

3. He asked how to disable something. You and a couple others are short, if not downright rude to him about it. When another person asked how to disable the doorlocks, people went out of thier way to guide that person to the way to do it, one poster even posted all the steps. Yet, this poster get ridiculed, and scorned? WRONG.

4. Warned against what? Disabling an alarm on his car? Thats all he was asking. He didnt ask for YOURS or any other persons opinion on the topic, he simply asked how to do it. If you dont want to tell him, DONT POST. GEEZUS!

Quick Reply: How to disconnct annoying seat belt alarm?