2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How to disconnct annoying seat belt alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/04 | 12:35 PM
V6 Member

Has anyone found out how to disconnect the seat belt warning alarm.???
THIS THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! :angry: :angry:
Old 12/29/04 | 12:37 PM
V6 Member

I believe it will stop if you put your seat belt on. B)
Old 12/29/04 | 12:37 PM
Cobra Member

Why would you need to disconnect it?
Old 12/29/04 | 12:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mother&country@December 29, 2004, 11:38 AM
Has anyone found out how to disconnect the seat belt warning alarm.???
THIS THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! :angry: :angry:
Personally, I love the alarm. B) I have mistakingly forgot a couple times to buckle up, and I appreciate this reminder before I get more than a couple blocks.
Old 12/29/04 | 12:39 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ncmcn@December 29, 2004, 3:40 PM
YEA, but how about if you dont want to!!!!
Old 12/29/04 | 12:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by mother&country+December 29, 2004, 1:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mother&country @ December 29, 2004, 1:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ncmcn@December 29, 2004, 3:40 PM
YEA, but how about if you dont want to!!!! [/b][/quote]
Look in the owners manual, most questions are answered there, there is a step by step instructions on how to disable it.

Disclaimer: I do not promote not wearing your seatbelt, it's a choice, if you would rather end up like a splatter bug on the pavement, I leave that up to you.
Old 12/29/04 | 12:46 PM
Banned

Ditto.........."CLICK IT OR TICKET".....as they say here in Missouri!
Old 12/29/04 | 12:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Dont be a dumb *** wear your seatbelt at all times! What if you dont have your seatbelt on and you get hit ,and because you dont have yours on you lose control of your car and hit someone else and kill them.How will you feel then?
Old 12/29/04 | 01:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@December 29, 2004, 3:57 PM
Dont be a dumb *** wear your seatbelt at all times! What if you dont have your seatbelt on and you get hit ,and because you dont have yours on you lose control of your car and hit someone else and kill them.How will you feel then?
I'D feel terrible.
The thing is that I had a beloved family member who fell into a canal and was unable to disengage the seat belt mechanism and perished.
For this reason, my therapist feels that my uncontrolable anger when ever I hear the seat belt warning is justifiable.
I've made incredible progress regarding its management. As a matter of fact, I thought it was a proactive approach to look for information on how to disable the warning rather that just blowing it away with my 45 cal.
Old 12/29/04 | 01:59 PM

To paraphrase the old saying, "A fool and his seatbelt are soon parted ... and the unbelted fool is then himself parted in his next accident."
Old 12/29/04 | 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@December 29, 2004, 1:57 PM
How would not wearing your seatbelt make you lose control of your car? Personally I almost always wear mine unless I forget and then I normally figure it out before hitting the road outta the neighborhood. But I do feel that its a persons own choice to wear it or not. I truly cant stand the warning either.
Old 12/29/04 | 02:43 PM
The Analog Admin!

If the seatbelt is not used FULL AIRBAG FORCE WILL BE DEPLOYED vs Light Deployment in a Minor Collision!
Old 12/29/04 | 02:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Andy Haynes+December 29, 2004, 3:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Andy Haynes @ December 29, 2004, 3:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tom_vilsack@December 29, 2004, 1:57 PM
How would not wearing your seatbelt make you lose control of your car? Personally I almost always wear mine unless I forget and then I normally figure it out before hitting the road outta the neighborhood. But I do feel that its a persons own choice to wear it or not. I truly cant stand the warning either. [/b][/quote]
The most minor of wrecks usually has enough force to throw you out of the seat and into the floorboard or other passenger area. You can't drive very well from these other places so you have no control of your car.
Old 12/29/04 | 02:48 PM
Cobra Member

1) I'm in the wear seat belts group because (in general) they do save lives.

2) I am also in the camp that beleives it is complete bull pooe for the government to mandate them. At one time the USA was known as a "free" country. Does anyone remember them days???

3) The whole "get hit, lose control, cause more damage" line is complete bull pooe. At best. If you get hit so hard that it knocks you out of your unbuckled seat, you would be too dazed and confused for the next several seconds TO do anything! Whether you are dazed in the drivers seat of on the center console doesn't really matter much. This is very much just another scare tactic dreamed up to make little kiddies play better with each other.

4) I too know someone that died in a car wreak BECAUSE he was wearing his seat belt. I also know someone that died in a car wreak that was wearing a seat belt. It didn't cause his death, but it did no good what so ever. Stangely enough, I can't remember anyone I know that died in a wreak because they were NOT wearing a seat belt. I'm sure it is just the way my memory works.

All in all, if you are an adult (I'll be generous and say 18 years old...) YOU should be able to dedide if you want to wear a seat belt or wear a helmet on a motorcycle. The government (at all levels) should keep there stupid noses out of it.

PS: And I STILL think you are an idiot if you don't wear a helmet or a seat belt. Yet from time to time, I find myself doing both...
Old 12/29/04 | 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by RRRoamer@December 29, 2004, 3:51 PM
1) I'm in the wear seat belts group because (in general) they do save lives.

2) I am also in the camp that beleives it is complete bull pooe for the government to mandate them. At one time the USA was known as a "free" country. Does anyone remember them days???

3) The whole "get hit, lose control, cause more damage" line is complete bull pooe. At best. If you get hit so hard that it knocks you out of your unbuckled seat, you would be too dazed and confused for the next several seconds TO do anything! Whether you are dazed in the drivers seat of on the center console doesn't really matter much. This is very much just another scare tactic dreamed up to make little kiddies play better with each other.

4) I too know someone that died in a car wreak BECAUSE he was wearing his seat belt. I also know someone that died in a car wreak that was wearing a seat belt. It didn't cause his death, but it did no good what so ever. Stangely enough, I can't remember anyone I know that died in a wreak because they were NOT wearing a seat belt. I'm sure it is just the way my memory works.

All in all, if you are an adult (I'll be generous and say 18 years old...) YOU should be able to dedide if you want to wear a seat belt or wear a helmet on a motorcycle. The government (at all levels) should keep there stupid noses out of it.

PS: And I STILL think you are an idiot if you don't wear a helmet or a seat belt. Yet from time to time, I find myself doing both...
No... really tell us what you think

JK Good points.
Old 12/29/04 | 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by mother&country+December 29, 2004, 2:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mother&country @ December 29, 2004, 2:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tom_vilsack@December 29, 2004, 3:57 PM
I'D feel terrible.
The thing is that I had a beloved family member who fell into a canal and was unable to disengage the seat belt mechanism and perished.
For this reason, my therapist feels that my uncontrolable anger when ever I hear the seat belt warning is justifiable.
I've made incredible progress regarding its management. As a matter of fact, I thought it was a proactive approach to look for information on how to disable the warning rather that just blowing it away with my 45 cal. [/b][/quote]
Dave Barry always said that everyone in Miami is armed. Including the insects.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Something that people here so far have failed to realize is that the airbag system is meant to work in unicin WITH the seatbelt system. If you fail to use the seatbelt system, the airbag doesn't care. It STILL DEPLOYS WITH ULTRA AMAZING SPEED AND FORCE. I'm not a Dr, but I'm fairly sure more than one traffic fatality has been caused by the power of an inflating airbag against the head/face of an unbuckled driver or passenger.

There are always going to be situations where the seatbelt either malfunctions or causes in some way someones demise, however, there are MOUNDS of paper that suggest that your best course of action is to use the safety equipment.

Just think about NASCAR. Just suppose one of the drivers went out and decided that day he just didn't feel like wearing his 6 point harness. What do you think his chances of survival are should something go wrong? Of course, standard streets are not NASCAR speedways, but just think about it.

I demand every person in my vehicle to wear them. If they won't, they walk.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Maverick128+December 29, 2004, 5:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maverick128 @ December 29, 2004, 5:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mother&country@December 29, 2004, 2:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tom_vilsack
@December 29, 2004, 3:57 PM

I'D feel terrible.
I've made incredible progress regarding its management. As a matter of fact, I thought it was a proactive approach to look for information on how to disable the warning rather that just blowing it away with my 45 cal.
Dave Barry always said that everyone in Miami is armed. Including the insects.
[/b][/quote]
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.....REMEMBER, THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!
WE TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY DOWN HERE.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly. It is stupid not to wear it.

Yes, cases happen where you can't get out, but FAR more deaths are averted from wearing seatbelts than caused by it.

It is absolutely nonsensical and STUPID not to wear one. Look up how to do it yourself.
Old 12/29/04 | 03:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@December 29, 2004, 6:18 PM
Exactly. It is stupid not to wear it.

Yes, cases happen where you can't get out, but FAR more deaths are averted from wearing seatbelts than caused by it.

It is absolutely nonsensical and STUPID not to wear one. Look up how to do it yourself.
I guess you've fallen into the BRAIN WASHING by the government and media TOO.
"LOOK INTO MY EYES...YOU"RE FEELING SLEEPY"!!!!

Quick Reply: How to disconnct annoying seat belt alarm?