2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The Horror after Halloween

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/05, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gather around children and prepare for a journey of highs and lows with an open ending. On Saturday I received the joyful news that my mustang was in and ready for pick-up. I transferred my $14000.00 down payment and my pre-approved financing offer and head down to Berge Ford to meet my salesman. We wrap things up in 2 hours and I head home in my new mustang. Nanners for all with Jacko to boot. :dance:

I drive some on Sunday and got to work on Monday a giddy new owner and leave work to pick-up my son. After getting on the US60 I transition onto the Loop101 with a F150 on my tail flashing his high beams. I ignore him for a minute and then slow down so he can pull up beside me. He rolls his window down and yells, "Hey, you just dropped all your coolant back there!" I check my gauges and sure enough my temp gauge is past halfway and climbing steadily. I quickly get on the nearest off ramp and feather the car off the road. I pop the hood and through the veil of steam I can see that not a drop of coolant is left in my reservoir.

I call my salesman and he advises me to call roadside assistance to get my car towed into the dealership. RA gets a tow truck on the scene in 30 minutes and I am whisked to Berge Ford with my Mustang in tow. As the driver is offloading my baby I am horrified to see that the front tie down straps have dented and scraped my front bumpers. I show the driver and he shows the service advisor. He finishes offloading the car and drives away. The service advisor then tells me that Ford is not responsible for towing damage and I need to file a claim with the tow company for bumper repairs. He processes my car for the warranty work and then arranges for a rental car through Hertz. Hertz picks me up and takes me to there offices where I learn that my complimentary loaner car is going to cost me $18.99 a day for the optional coverage for which Ford won't pay.

That is what I am left with until the dealership and tow company get back into the office tomorrow morning. I am left a sad and broken man.
Old 11/7/05, 11:30 PM
V6 Member

Man that's pretty much spoiling the fun !

I had to get mine towed 20 min after buying it for lack of coolant and engine overheating. I know the feeling.

I am sure you will get everything in order eventually. I wish you get her back as new real soon. Hang in there.
Old 11/8/05, 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear that Big Stan

I think I would have needed some coolant myself if that happened to me

I know I would have blown my top :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
Old 11/8/05, 05:50 AM

:shock: The stages of grief for your horrible day. That sucks! Here's hoping you get all you deserve out of Ford and that stupid towing company.
Old 11/8/05, 08:43 AM

Thanks to all of you. Still no word on what happened with the coolant. The towing company is sending someone out this morning to assess the damage the caused.
Old 11/9/05, 07:06 AM
GT Member

Sad day in the life of Big Stan. I would be if that happened to me. I hope it all works out for you. My 06 is being built today, after reading what happend to you I will be checking the coolant level before I take it home. Let us know when it is back on the road.
Good Luck
Dan
Old 11/9/05, 03:34 PM

Here's the latest for those that are interested. The dealer found that a freeze plug had blown out of the back of the engine. They had to remove the transmission to get to it and replace the freeze plug. They said that if the factory does not install the plugs properly, this could happen. The towing company sent someone to the dealership to inspect the damage on Tuesday. They have agreed that they are responsible for the damage and will pay all repair costs for the bumper. The dealer's body shop is working on it now. They are trying to heat the bumper to get the plastic back to it's original shape and will repaint it. If the repair is not done to my satisfaction, I'm going to insist that they replace the bumper. :notnice: I am being told it will be ready by noon on Friday.