2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hidden goodies in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/05, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by stang101@June 11, 2005, 11:35 PM
some people tell me that they found more goodies or I should say other options in the car, just some stuff to screw around with like different settings. So I was just wondering if anyone else herd this or know some{if its true}. thanks

How about approx. 20 kilos of hidden crack? There I was cleaning up my new GT Coupe this afternoon when I bent over to pull up the trunk mat, my pants split wide open and there it was... 44 pounds of crack! Sorry, I'm just in that kind of mood.
Old 6/12/05, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

a lot of this technology stuff in the car you can thank Volvo for too ;-)
Old 6/13/05, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ExSpook@June 12, 2005, 11:21 PM
How about approx. 20 kilos of hidden crack? There I was cleaning up my new GT Coupe this afternoon when I bent over to pull up the trunk mat, my pants split wide open and there it was... 44 pounds of crack! Sorry, I'm just in that kind of mood.
Old 6/13/05, 10:37 AM

I think that if you have your MyColor set to red, it will turn to white to warn you of low fuel. I've heard about this somewhere. My wife had about 8 lbs of paperwork in the passenger seat and the airbag was disabled. Pretty cool.
Old 6/13/05, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by vc4life@June 12, 2005, 7:21 PM
same thing happends when my wife gets in the car since she is a buck 02 if that lol so sometimes she has to bounce up and down for it to see her

That's another feature. When your gf sits in the passenger side it lets her know she doesn't weigh alot. The stang is complimenting your gf.
Old 6/14/05, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by frdtch05gt@June 12, 2005, 7:47 AM
Supposedly at night with the color changing gauges the fuel gauge will turn red when you're down near empty. I haven't ever seen it happen though. The coolant temp, battery, and oil pressure gauges will supposedly do that too if something goes wrong.

I can attest to the fuel guage lighting turning red. Only because I ran into the problem of having a fuel float/computer issue, and occasionally it'll think I have no gas at all. The fuel guage itself (none of the other guages) turns red reguardless of which color you have selected. I thought that was pretty cool.
Old 6/15/05, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by dmon2000@June 12, 2005, 7:25 PM
What I think is cool, is that after to turn off the ignition and remove the key, the radio keeps on playing until you open the doors. You can also roll the windows up and down. (just in case you take the key out and forgot you left the windows down.
And the interior lights fade on and off. It's a simple thing, but a really nice touch.

-- Roger
http://mustang.jadebox.com/
Old 6/15/05, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the purpose of this thread was to list electronic "Easter Eggs" that are hidden in the '05s computer, particularly in the message center. Easter Eggs are unlisted hidden extras found in an electronic program that are usually found by entering an unusual input. For instance - pressing a certain combination of buttons (Info, Setup, or Reset) to access a digital tranny temp, digital readout of amps charging, oil life remaining, change your turn signal chime, etc. Easter Eggs are more often than not hidden in DVDs and videogames, accessible by entering codes or selecting hidden items on the menu screen, but there have been instances of Easter Eggs popping up in late model cars, specifically in digital read outs.
Old 6/15/05, 04:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's one I like. Try to start the car when it is already running. Nothing happens. The key turns but the bendix doesn't engage.
Old 6/15/05, 05:13 PM
GT Member

You were brave to try that one. So who is going to tell us the code for changing the turn signal. That is one I would like to know.
Old 6/15/05, 05:46 PM
GT Member

I guess the spirit of John Delorean was pissed that the Mustang is doing better than the GTO and tried to get us thrown in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:
Old 6/15/05, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

if your motor over heats it will shut down a few cylinders from getting spark and fuel to essentialy pump air to cool the moror and if it stays to hot it will eventullay shut down to save it self and alow you to restat when it reaches a safe temp.
I read that in my owners manual and thought it was cool
Old 6/15/05, 06:38 PM
GT Member

Its called the Passenger Classification System. If no one is sitting in the seat, or if a child belowe 40lbs is sitting in the seat,the airbag will automatically deactivate. It protects the child and lessen the cost of wastely repairs in the event of an accident. Maintains the value better if no airbag deploys. Also the system can tell where someone is sitting, the angle of the steering wheel, the distance from the wheel, and whether or not a driver is wearing a seatbelt....based on all this information it will deploy the airbag at certain speeds. It will know if things have changed and deploy at the need speed. (i.e. if it sense that you are too close to the steering wheel it may deploy slower to prevent further injuries. When i say slower, i say from 180mph, to maybe 110 mph.)
Old 1/11/11, 10:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ArkAngelx3
Its called the Passenger Classification System. If no one is sitting in the seat, or if a child belowe 40lbs is sitting in the seat,the airbag will automatically deactivate. It protects the child and lessen the cost of wastely repairs in the event of an accident. Maintains the value better if no airbag deploys. Also the system can tell where someone is sitting, the angle of the steering wheel, the distance from the wheel, and whether or not a driver is wearing a seatbelt....based on all this information it will deploy the airbag at certain speeds. It will know if things have changed and deploy at the need speed. (i.e. if it sense that you are too close to the steering wheel it may deploy slower to prevent further injuries. When i say slower, i say from 180mph, to maybe 110 mph.)

Emmmm...While I agree that the feature is there to make sure that the airbag does not deploy if a child is sitting in the front passenger compartment (which is dangerous instead of life-saving), the car doesn't measure the "angle of the steering wheel," for the very simple reason that (1) there is no steering wheel for the passenger (no, really!), and (2) steering wheels on the 2011s--at least not mine or the ones I've seen (someone correct me on this?)
Old 1/14/11, 03:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gaspi101
Emmmm...While I agree that the feature is there to make sure that the airbag does not deploy if a child is sitting in the front passenger compartment (which is dangerous instead of life-saving), the car doesn't measure the "angle of the steering wheel," for the very simple reason that (1) there is no steering wheel for the passenger (no, really!), and (2) steering wheels on the 2011s--at least not mine or the ones I've seen (someone correct me on this?)

Not sure you finished that thought....
Old 1/14/11, 03:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
I think the purpose of this thread was to list electronic "Easter Eggs" that are hidden in the '05s computer, particularly in the message center. Easter Eggs are unlisted hidden extras found in an electronic program that are usually found by entering an unusual input. For instance - pressing a certain combination of buttons (Info, Setup, or Reset) to access a digital tranny temp, digital readout of amps charging, oil life remaining, change your turn signal chime, etc. Easter Eggs are more often than not hidden in DVDs and videogames, accessible by entering codes or selecting hidden items on the menu screen, but there have been instances of Easter Eggs popping up in late model cars, specifically in digital read outs.
Are these for real?...or are you just making examples.
Old 1/14/11, 07:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DaTT(1sK)

Not sure you finished that thought....
Well, I often post "under the influence.". Happens. I have no idea what I was talking about.
Old 1/14/11, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DaTT(1sK)
Are these for real?...or are you just making examples.
Yep... I have a 99 mustang and (although i don't remember the pattern or "code" to do this) i could make my Odometer into a digital tach. It was pretty cool, but you had to repeat the process every time you turned the car on
Old 1/14/11, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
adjusting the parking brake

Originally Posted by StangNut
How about the little access panel in the console for adjusting the parking brake. I've used it twice already.
I`ve had my car for 5 yrs and didn`t know about this until now
Mine has been way to loose since new, thought about taking the console out to see if there was any adjustment, I didn`t bother !
Old 1/14/11, 10:39 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found a penny in my trunk under the liner yesterday.

Also, MyColor says you cannot adjust while driving. Wrong! Just let off the throttle and adjust away.

Quick Reply: Hidden goodies in the car?