2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

heres to the MCA show and new friends

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/06, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres to the MCA show and new friends

Just wanted to give a shout out to those that went to the MCA show. It was great meeting up with you guys and putting faces with the cars for a change.
Here is a pic we took meeting up with some fellow TMSers at a hotel near ours in Alabama.

MTAS, Burke0011, mine, and Stangnut

Stangs+ Friends= you cant go wrong

Just to give you an idea of how many stangs were there here is one pic we took
Old 9/4/06, 06:53 PM

Also here is a pic of the meet up at Vulcan park.

It was also great to finally meet up with Brad and to finally see the Source Horse in person.

PS we seen you on the track with the source horse.
Old 9/4/06, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
That was an AMAZING show especially with great new friends to hang out with. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without you guys. Thanks! Even with the heat, I'd still do it all over again!
Old 9/4/06, 07:30 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have made it.
Old 9/4/06, 07:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

And of course now the freaking heat has broke!

I am sad its over. Good seeing you all!
Old 9/4/06, 07:35 PM

I think part of the problem was we were surrounded by asphault(sp?) and high performance cars making it hotter inside Barber than the rest rest of the area.
Old 9/4/06, 07:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
That was an AMAZING show especially with great new friends to hang out with. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without you guys. Thanks! Even with the heat, I'd still do it all over again!
Yep - agreed The times we had outside of the event were priceless
Old 9/4/06, 07:40 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Glad it didn't come to this Friday morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcUZwHD5Iw
Old 9/4/06, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by MTAS
Yep - agreed The times we had outside of the event were priceless
And don't forget my little "turn" heading for the car wash Saturday.
Old 9/4/06, 08:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

And Dave- thanks again and curse you loudly at the same time. Brians car has now surpassed mine in coolness.
Old 9/5/06, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by StangNut
And don't forget my little "turn" heading for the car wash Saturday.
How did I miss this?
Old 9/5/06, 09:20 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

He only got away with that because his car blends in.
Old 9/5/06, 09:22 PM

It was Friday morning when we went to vacuum out the cars. I think we left there and then met you guys at the hotel.

I turned into the median for the U-turn back to the car wash and when I saw a small break in the traffic, I gunned it so I would give Dave & Dave room to come on through if they wanted to. Well the road was a little wet and I wound up doing more of a 225 instead of a 180. Slid it back the other way, straightened it out and headed for the turn lane to pull into the wash. Got a little squirley again and then got full control and whipped it into the car wash. The whole time praying there weren't any cops around.

And the traction control was on!
Old 9/5/06, 09:29 PM

LOL
Man I am surprised I didnt hear about this allready.
Sounds pretty sweet though. Did you have to change your pants when you got back to the hotel? LOL
Old 9/5/06, 09:35 PM

no comment.

It was pretty fun actually. Not the first time I've been around like that in a Mustang. I guess I need to stop complaining about not having any low end torque.
Old 9/5/06, 09:38 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well in any case. Nice putting faces to names!
Definitely enjoyed all of it.
Old 9/5/06, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Too bad I missed that turn Jason

If I would have seen it I would have snapped a picture, Jason!!!

All I can say is it this event was so much fun and I wish I could have seen it all and didnt have to leave early, I want to do it again.

And I got to fianlly meet the BradMister himself, Brad Barnnet. I can now say," I got to shake the hand that shook the hand of Carrol Shelby and Hau Tang !!" I have to say Brad, thank you for loving Mustangs and building this site so I could meet all these other cool people with mutual interests, I think your pretty cool too..........

I really wanted to stay with you all but I had to leave Sat morning early to pick up my son at camp Shelby MS. I did have a good time with him sat, sun and Mon. He was ready for some R&R, sucking up some A/C and getting some sleep, something he has not had much of.during his training there.I was ready for some major sleep and rest too.

Well the trip did not dsisapoint, and getting to meet Dave(MTAS), Dave(Burke011), Perry and Jackie (Liquid Sunshine), and Jason (GotWood? StangNut), was most excellent, really enjoyed meeting all the florida folks. I would normally not even concider going on a trip with strangers, only knowing them from a forum, in any other situation, but Mustang people make the difference.My wife and family were surprised, so you met these people and had fun????

I wish I could have followed along with with our group fri, but I knew it would be my last day so I kind of hustled through all the cars to see what I could.

Perry and Jackie please give me dates and details about that show you mentioned. Great couple and a cool car, Liquid Sunshine!!( That Rouch SC is DA BOMB!!!!It's probably just as well I dont have a SCer like that in my car. I would have to get a clear, plexiglass hood so everyone could see it , I'd be showing it off to everyone , like look at THAT Bitcchhess, uh huh , oh yeah, you so dont want to race me!!!!!)

I'll have to admit I was a little envious of everyone in our group, everyone had all sort of cool mods, superchargers, ( Oh look what we just showed up with under our hoods, lucky Bums),cool rims, mine was the only stock GT. But it sure was fun driving togehter every where!! And of course with two SCed cars in our group, we had to rev em up and haul a&& every where we went, I enjoyed that too.

Some pics attached.1)Florida Stang Convoy!!You know we got some looks!! 2) Lined up for Pony Ride,3)The line starts way up front,4)But there's more cars behind me too,5) Dave,Dave, Time, Perry & Jackie, 6)Perry here's an idea for you, 7) The Polished Rouch beauty,8) Liquid Sunshine.
The cars all lined up was the Pony Ride from Berber park to homewood, some 300 cars. I didnt think this was going to be much fun, thinking why the heck did I have to get out of bed at 0230 am, for some "PonyDrive" , but it was soo cool having the police stop trafic so we could all drive by and then stop trfic in Homwood for us to park downtown, made me feel special anyway.
Attached Thumbnails heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0023.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0029.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0030.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0031.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0056.jpg  

heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0049.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0050.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 9/5/06, 11:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Some more pics from B'Ham

I dont have PhotoBucket or anything yet , so Ill just add a few posts with pics for now. I'll set myself up with some on-line photo deals later.

1)My car, Cherry, just cleaned her up with fresh Zaino, enjoying shiney tires, cant have them at home cause the dirt road gets em dirty,2) Had to catch a rearveiw shot,3)Dave(Burke0011) with FirefoxII,4) Dave(MTAS),5) Perry & Jackie(MustangShadow),6) Elizabeth(MTang78), 7) Jason(Stangnut), 8) What's her name with whatever's mine,,,,,,,,,,, Cant miss April in her yellow Elenore, she stands out in crowd, ( I think Ralphie looks good now with the new wheels and tires), 9) CDC's car sporting new billet grill overlays, what do we think of them??? I like them,,, 10) A yellow GT
Attached Thumbnails heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0025.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0032.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0046.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0047.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0048.jpg  

heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0051.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0052.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0053.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0061.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0066.jpg  

Old 9/6/06, 12:15 AM
Bullitt Member

More Pics

A few more..........
1)White GT500, 2)07 Shelby GT with riveted hood scoop, 3) Ghost flames, what would you all think about Ghost Le Mans strips on my car....Yeah??,,Nah???, 4) California dream hood I want, hood pins that lock, who makes them????, 5) CLose up of locking pins, your homework .... find these locking hood pins and psot their web page, 6) Grabber Orange GT500, 7) My son and new Humvee, 8) UpArmor Humvee he will be driving in Iraq, 9) Sherman tank at Camp Shleby, 10) Abrams tank Camp Shelby
Attached Thumbnails heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0068.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0070.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0113.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0135.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0136.jpg  

heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0139.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0151.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0154.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0160.jpg   heres to the MCA show and new friends-cimg0172.jpg  

Old 9/6/06, 05:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Wow! Your son looks like you!

Yea Yea, Its all about Ralph now Then again, I got the flash on color alone. BUT I am glad Brian is finally beginning to see why I have been so loony about a car.

That was an excellent weekend. You all missed the wreck while you were coming through- a rich girl in her beemer tried to make it around the two lanes of mustangs and OOPS, Turned in front of another car. Brian runs over there first thing out of her mouth: My Daddy just bought me this car, hes gonna killlllllll me .

Wish we could have made the parade, but it took too long to get the wheels on.

Quick Reply: heres to the MCA show and new friends