Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help w/popping?

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/12, 07:15 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Help w/popping?

I changed the spark plugs in my 05 v6. Idk if it makes a difference but I'm running my 93 octane tune. After I changed the plugs my car pops now, through the exhaust, didn't before plugs where changed. Doesn't make any noticeable driving differences but I want to be sure I'm not driving it into a problem.
Old 4/30/12, 07:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds alot like a plug miss fire. once you have driven it long enough I'm pretty sure it's going to throw a code or you should get a miss fire code if this is the problem. It is very easy when putting plugs in to crack them, not get a tight connection on the plug with the boot or coil, etc. I would check the connections or you may have to check the plugs for a cracked one if needed. my opinion is miss fire.
Old 4/30/12, 07:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by skunk21
sounds alot like a plug miss fire. once you have driven it long enough I'm pretty sure it's going to throw a code or you should get a miss fire code if this is the problem. It is very easy when putting plugs in to crack them, not get a tight connection on the plug with the boot or coil, etc. I would check the connections or you may have to check the plugs for a cracked one if needed. my opinion is miss fire.
Thank you, I'll check as soon as I get home tonight!