Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Valuing '07 GT with Superchager

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/16, 06:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Help Valuing '07 GT with Superchager

I've been a Chevy guy for 4 decades, but sold them all off and now looking to try out a Ford product. I'm not gonna jump in all the way yet with something expensive. I wanna get my feet wet with something that's more or less 'reasonable' in price. But my big thing is I want good power from the get-go. So I've been looking exclusively at supercharged cars.

Curious if you guys can offer any help on determining a fair offer price for a '07 GT Deluxe that I am considering. The seller is asking $16,999, which seems high for a 10-year old Mustang. But please correct me if I'm wrong. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks!

Here's a pic of the car:

2007 Mustang GT Deluxe, 5-speed manual

SUPERCHARGED

-48k Miles, manual, grey on black leather. $15K+ in upgrades from a stock GT. Receipts to show it.
-Kenny Bell Stage 2 Supercharger 470hp @ wheels Dyno Sheets to show it.
-Ram HD Clutch
-Boost Gauge mounted inside
-Goodyear Eagle F1 tires
-Magnaflow catted y-pipe, Ford racing axle back exhaust
-Ford Racing Black Bullet Wheels
-Hurst Shifter
-Ford racing handling package (Shocks, struts, springs, front and rear sway bars)
-Low miles and owned by 60+ year old.

Last edited by Mojo88; 12/31/16 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12/31/16, 11:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
15K in Upgrades not worth much

You will find that the general the used car market holds little or no value to upgrades in a car.
Value the car by condition and mileage and not the mods.
That being said, it sure looks nice.
The following users liked this post:
Mojo88 (1/1/17)
Old 12/31/16, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by karman
You will find that the general the used car market holds little or no value to upgrades in a car.
Value the car by condition and mileage and not the mods.
That being said, it sure looks nice.
Thanks man, I appreciate the thoughts. I'm in complete agreement about MOST upgrades, but I kinda thought there would be a fair bit of extra value for a supercharger?? No?? Not so much???

Thanks again, Dave F. in RI
Old 12/31/16, 03:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Mods tend to be worth little to nothing, unless you find a buyer looking for exactly what you're selling. Maybe this is your scenario...but I think that price is high. Some of those "mods" listed though...like wheels and tires...come on. There's no special value in those wheels or tires. The only mod that may be of any value at all is the supercharger, and that's completely up to you how much it is worth to *you* because that's part of your primary search criteria.

*IF* it's in excellent condition and has pretty much every option that was available at the time, KBB says it's worth $13,724. The only reason it's even worth that much though, is the low mileage. Tack on some more miles, and it's worth several thousand less. Either way it's still a 10 year old car, and the build quality, materials, options, etc. will reflect that. For me personally, I can't see myself spending $17,000 on a 10 year old car.
Mojo88 (1/1/17)
Old 12/31/16, 04:14 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Honestly my 2007 has twice as many mods though the power is about the same and half as many miles at about 22,000 and I think it's worth about $16,000 max to the right buyer.

FWIW
Mojo88 (1/1/17)
Old 12/31/16, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
While upgrades don't always add value to a car, if everything is good with the car and it hasn't beat on, the added supercharger adds a lot of value. I have an 06 Vert Premium and recently installed a Paxton Nuvi 1200 supercharger. Had it done right by taking it to Brenspeed. After install and dyno tuning it ran me a little over 5k. Sure you can buy a stock GT for less but you'll end up spending more to get it to where it's at.

BTW 470 at the wheels is more power than you'll ever need unless you plan on taking it to the track.
Mojo88 (1/1/17)
Old 12/31/16, 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Honestly my 2007 has twice as many mods though the power is about the same and half as many miles at about 22,000 and I think it's worth about $16,000 max to the right buyer.

FWIW
I'll take it, can I pick it up next week?
Old 1/1/17, 06:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

FWIW
LOL, yeah man, this ^^^ is what I'm really looking for, something with low miles.
Old 1/1/17, 08:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Mojo, I've been looking also, and found an '06 GT with no mods and 88K miles at $13K. The prices of these cars is all over the place, so if the car is what you want with a price you can live with I say get 'er. Finding one like you want is a win in itself. Good luck.

Of course $13K is the dealers starting price. I don't expect to pay that much.
Mojo88 (1/1/17)
Old 1/1/17, 09:36 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
Mojo, I've been looking also, and found an '06 GT with no mods and 88K miles at $13K. The prices of these cars is all over the place, so if the car is what you want with a price you can live with I say get 'er. Finding one like you want is a win in itself. Good luck.

Of course $13K is the dealers starting price. I don't expect to pay that much.

Ouch, that seems high for '06 with 88k miles.

I most always try to find private sellers. I avoid dealers whenever possible, they are shrewd (and rude) negotiators, plus they are rarely motivated to sell. I like to locate a private seller who actually wants to sell their car, and will part with it at a fair price.

Of course, purchasing a modded car brings its own set of headaches. What's the value of the mods? Was the work done properly? Has the car been beat to death? etc, etc.....

If you finalize the deal on that '06, please post price. Thanks
Old 1/1/17, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo88
Ouch, that seems high for '06 with 88k miles.

I most always try to find private sellers. I avoid dealers whenever possible, they are shrewd (and rude) negotiators, plus they are rarely motivated to sell. I like to locate a private seller who actually wants to sell their car, and will part with it at a fair price.

Of course, purchasing a modded car brings its own set of headaches. What's the value of the mods? Was the work done properly? Has the car been beat to death? etc, etc.....

If you finalize the deal on that '06, please post price. Thanks
I agree, mods are a roll of the dice. The car I'm looking at is on a friends lot who has been in business for over 30 years. He specializes in Corvette's, and other specialty cars. I bought my C7 Corvette through him last year. I'm quite sure I'll get a much better price as we have done business with each other since 1980. Also, I know if something happens with the car in a short time he will help with the repairs. Kinda gives me a little peace of mind. Good luck on your decision. Buying a used vehicle can be a headache sometimes.