2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/05, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted before that I was having some issues with my new Mustang GT. I would like to give a little backround before I get into it.

I purchased my 2005 Mustang GT with all options except Shaker 1000 on December 23rd, 2004. It worked perfect from what I thought until about 2 weeks later.

In the beginning of January, I noticed that when I would arm the alarm system on my car, there would be no beep or chirps. This would happen every once in a while, not every time. After about a week of once in a while chirps, they stopped completely and the alarm system did not work. Mind you, my alarm remote thing says ultra guard alarm systems which I am assuming is an aftermarket dealer installed alarm. I work 7 days a week so I did not have lots of time to take my car into the dealer. By the time I took the car into the dealer, the Shaker 500 started spitting out my CDz and stopped playing MP3 CDz completly. I also tried to fill up gas. This was a big problem because it took me about 30 minutes to fill my tank because the pump kept releasing like my tank was full. Very annoying.

When I got to the dealership, they were very nice and they told me they would take care of everything. I left my car there and took one of there Saturn rentals. 2 Days later, I recieved the call saying my car was done. I made the time to go and pick up the car and when I got there, my service told me that they ordered me a brand new head unit and they reset the alarm.(??) As for the gas tank, they said they would have to investigate the problem and contact me when they come up with something. I left the dealership kind of upset and a little happy that my car was back.

The same day that I picked up the car from the dealer, I parked the car at my business and I was walking away as I noticed some deep scratches on the trunk lid and on the bumper. When I looked closer, I realized that they were really deep and big. I called my service guy and he said to wait until my head unit arrived and then they would fix the body damage and install the head unit same day. No problem.

Finally, I got the magic call and went in to get it all taken care of. He told me the gas tank thing was still under "investigation". So they took my car for about a week. When I got the car back, the shaker wokred perfectly and the scratches were gone. That night, I was closing up shop and got into my car with a huge smile on my face ofcourse and started driving. On my way home though, I noticed something odd about the inside of my car, I was trying to remember if the Shaker head unit illuminated when the headlights were on because there was no light coming from it so I could not see any buttons on the head unit. I called my brother who also drove the car before and asked if I was supposed to see the buttons just to make sure and he said yes.

You can only imagine how upset this made me. Instead of going to the dealership this time, I went directly to the electronics place who installs the stereos for this dealership. They remembered my car. He took my head unit out and put a new one in. Still, no light. He opened another one. No light. He sent me to the dealership talking about downloading something into the system for it to work. I went to the dealership and sat around for about 2 hours waiting for them to come up with some sort of conclusion. They finally came back to me and told me that I can leave now and they have to "investigate" the problem. I asked to speak with a manager and because Galpin Ford is so big, there were like 17 managers. I demanded they upgrade my car to the Shaker 1000. They told me they did not have the authority to make that decision. They basically gave me the run around and eventually I called Customer relations myself and they told me they would call me back. I did not hear from anyone.

I called the dealership again this morning and I asked to speak with some higher then the manager. They connected me to some guy named paul who apparently had lots of power in this dealership. I told him about my problem and he told me that he had just recieved an email about the shaker 500. They found the problem and that there was a piece that needed to be placed inside the shaker 500 for it to work properly. He also told me he would call me back when he had some new info on this "magical piece".

I am so pissed off now that I do not know what to do. My alarm works like poo. For example, I arm it, reach into the window, open the door and jump all around the inside of the car and nothing happens. I even close the door and nothing happens. The Shaker 500 sounds good but I cannot see it at night. I cannot fill up gas without breaking my wrist.

Can someone please give me some advice? I really need to know what to do. My customers tell me about the lemon law and all that but I dont know. Any kind of advice would help.

I purchased the vehicle from Galpin Ford Dealership in North Hills, CA. Supposed to be the best Ford dealership in the world. Maybe thats why they stink.

Please help

Thanks for reading all this
Old 2/22/05, 03:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry you've had trouble with your new ride. If you do a search, you'll find that both the Shaker and gas fill problems have been widely discussed on this forum and I believe there are fixes on both in the works. You might check another dealer to see if they are better able to deal with your Ford warranty issues than Galpin.

As for your alarm, it does sound like a dealer-installed aftermarket system. Check your paperwork to see if warranty work has to be done by the selling dealer or if you can take it to another shop if you get nowhere with Galpin.

Hope this helps.
Old 2/22/05, 03:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the best Mustang site out there.

There is a fix for the gas tank. They are replacing them with a tank that has the fix. The shaker problem is also being dealt with.

You need to document, date and note every person that you have dealt with.

You deserve that these issues be resolved.

Be patient, but be persistent.

Good luck.
Old 2/22/05, 03:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

When my Shaker 500 was replaced, the back lighting didn't work..but my dealer told me when I picked up the car. The fix was to reprogram 'something' on the car. That took about 45 minutes.
The only reason it wasn't fixed was that the unit was replaced in daytime and no one would determine if the backlighting worked - too much light. Easy fix. I'll try to find out, if I can, how it was fixed.