Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide what to do.

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/04, 12:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, so heres the deal.

There is really no difference in the two levels of GT on the Stang, other than that the 'concept' wheels and Mach (shaker?) 500 are standard.

Anyway, my ideal stang, as witnessed in my signature, is silver w/ red interior, fanblades and spoiler delete. All of this, other than the fanblades is available on the lower of the two models of GT. This means I could essentially get my ideal stang cheaper than if these options were placed on the higher-end GT. I hope you're following.

My dilemma is this. I hate the Bullitts and feel they have no business being offered on a brand new amazing car after being around for 5 years. I somewhat enjoy the concepts, but do not love them.

My question is this. Do I order my stang as the high-end model with the concept rims and get over it?, do I wait until the fanblades are offered, which may not be until next model year?, or do I get the Bullitts and go get aftermarket wheels????

I am thinking it might be cool to get a throw-back, non-bullitt wheel in 19s for the rear and 17s for the front. This could be a cool mod... I normally hate all aftermarket wheels and think they appear too ghetto/rice for my tastes.... I think a cool muscular wheel might work however, in the right style/size. I'm envisioning a cool Hallibrand style or wire-rim with knockoffs in 19s for the rear and 17s for the front...

Help me make up my mind. I have three choices and none of them make me happy...

Thanks all.... :worship:
Old 5/22/04, 12:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know why but I have always thought aftermarket rims cheapen the look of a car. Maybe it's because I never put aftermarket rims on anything unless it was older and had crappy rims. Everyone has different tastes though. There are very few rims that I would pick for my new mustang. Now on classic cars I like aftermarket. Not sure why.

I think I'm going to wait until spring and hope the 18's are available by then. I live in Michigan so I deal with the winter like you. Wait til spring and enjoy that brand new car in nice weather instead of the middle of winter. Hopefully the 18's will be available by then. From what I have been hearing it will be around 6 months for the 18's but who knows. If they still aren't available, I will probably go with the bullet wheels and then TRY to find some aftermarkets that look nice. If not I guess I'll live with the bullets.

Personally I like the concept over the bullets but don't want to pay more for a rim that I'm going to replace with aftermarkets. Bottom line is I kinda got my heart set on the 18's If I can't get them I will try to look elsewhere for some nice rims.

You guys know of some good places on the net for rims?

Jason
Old 5/22/04, 01:04 AM
GT Member

I like the way the new stang looks with the mach 1 rims (in my head)

The mach 1 rims have a retro look to them that goes perfect with this new car IMO.

I just NEED chrome wheels on this car.

I don't really care for the bullit rims nor have I ever.
Old 5/22/04, 01:08 AM
GT Member

One correction, concept wheels are not standard, those are the additional upgrade. The bullits come standard.

I am going with the Bullit rim, one, because to me it matches the retro styling of the car, and i agree with Boomer, the concept wheel looks alright till the f'ugly Ford center. Bullit's been the way ive been thinking since everyone else realized that the 18s werent available (i called it three months ago, quoting some mag, i forget which, i hate bein right sometimes )

My opinion...? If you can picture yourself waiting almost a full calendar year from now, or later, to drive a 05 Stang, then wait for the fanblades, they are a beautiful rim. If you're content for now with the Bullit rims, then screw the upgrade and stick with em. If you don't like the rim, screw the upgrade and purchase whatever rims you prefer.

I personally disagree with the 19's x 17s on the car, it already has an aggressive stance and body, exaggerating the car might be a little 'too' much, but to each their own (less my thread police partner Decipher define option for me)
Old 5/22/04, 01:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ShadMSU@May. 22nd, 2004, 1:07 AM
I like the way the new stang looks with the mach 1 rims (in my head)

The mach 1 rims have a retro look to them that goes perfect with this new car IMO.

I just NEED chrome wheels on this car.

I don't really care for the bullit rims nor have I ever.
How much does a set Machs run. I imagine you could get some look-alikes a lot chaeper?
Old 5/22/04, 01:15 AM
GT Member

Depends on which one you want. The 17' Aliminum, 17' chrome, 18' chrome, 17' chrome and black, or 18' chrome and black. If you go to AFSwheels.com you can see all the prices.

Also I think you can get a MUCH cheaper price on ebay.
Old 5/22/04, 01:17 AM
GT Member

:nono: I'm not a look alike kind of guy
Old 5/22/04, 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by icwspiker3@May. 22nd, 2004, 12:11 AM
(less my thread police partner Decipher define option for me)
Option

If I'm part of the "Thread Police", then I guess I'm the good cop now. After being so grumpy on the 19th I've decided it's not worth it to be a **** about pointless or repeat threads. I'll still point it out to someone if they are rude about somebodies choices, but not in the same manner - Hence the option definition is gone from my signature.

:cop: :cop2:
Old 5/22/04, 02:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all the input guys...

I know what you're talking about when you mention the aftermarket wheels "cheapening" the look... That's exactly my fear. The only thing that keeps bringing me back to it is the cost increase for the concept wheels, the sheer boringness of the bullitts, and the late availability of the blades. I honestly love the fanblades and am outraged about having to wait, let alone getting the bullitts as a subsistute in the meantime.

Maybe if I could find some cool wheels in the meantime that look like the 18s, but then you run the problem of the 18s actually coming out and looking like a cheapo who bought the base stang and upgraded himself rather than just buying the rims. I liken this approach to the people who buy cobra, cobra r, or anniverisary wheels when they dont have it.....

This is so annoying. I totally know when push comes to shove I will end up getting the concept wheels just to be appeased. I just hate having to settle!!!!! :bang:
Old 5/22/04, 02:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe just get the Bullitts in the interim and keep them in good condition so you can sell them off when the fanblades arrive and buy a set of the fanblades?
Old 5/22/04, 02:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Someone will either be selling their fanblades on ebay not longer after they buy it. I don't know why the would but it's going to happen. Or an aftermarket company will make something similar. Kinda like all the Cobra and Cobra R copies being made. The problem with getting the 17's and then going up to 18's later, 18" tires are soooooo pricey!
Old 5/22/04, 05:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Decipher@May. 22nd, 2004, 2:21 AM
Maybe just get the Bullitts in the interim and keep them in good condition so you can sell them off when the fanblades arrive and buy a set of the fanblades?
That is what i was going to suggest until I saw you had written it. Get whichever you like now, replace them when the new come out. get the ones you like better now in case you change your mind later.

Glad to hear you are taking the good cop approach now. I really appreciate the non-confrontational nature of this board. If I want to argue with someone, I'll argue with my wife or kids or some of my patients. I come here to get away from that kind of stuff.
Old 5/22/04, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I kinda like these MOMO's...

I'm getting the Bullitts, and then will probably get these (or something like them)...maybe even sell my Bullitts to a V6 owner.
Old 5/22/04, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Too bad Ford won't do a buyback like they did with the 03 Chrome wheels. You then might be able to just take the standard wheels and trade them for the fanblades when they are released.

As for myself, I don't like any of the wheels offered for start up except for the V6 rims. (Ducks and Hides!) I'll probably have to see all the rims in person before picking what will be on my car until I see something I like more. I'm hoping AFS decides to do a 17-18 inch chrome spinner rim sometime within the next year or so.
Old 5/22/04, 10:25 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Just get whatever style of 17's you like the most. Hopefully the fanblades will be available as take-off wheels through saleen or something.

A suggestion for you, the big and littles wheel combination (17 and 19) will not look good on the mustang IMO. you should take a look at the 17" Magnum 500 wheels, (not the new style, but deeper like from the 60's)
Old 5/22/04, 10:55 AM
GT Member

what about getting a set of 18"s of this style?
Old 5/22/04, 11:05 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
im thinking fanblades man. that's what im waiting for anyway.
Old 5/22/04, 12:20 PM

question... how much do you think an upgrade to the 18 inch fanblades would cost, when they become available? im expecting the upgrade to the concept wheels to cost around 400 dollars, so i was wondering how much more yall would think it would cost to upgrade to the 18 fanblades when they become available.