2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help - ideas for shipping a hood

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/11 | 05:07 PM
GT Member

Help - ideas for shipping a hood

Hey guys,

I am buying a hood from another mustang owner, but we are having difficulties finding a shipper. When looking at purchasing hoods from retailers, shipping was about $150. However, we can only seem to find shipping for $200 or more. Any ideas? Any shipping advice or shipping companies to call?

Thanks.
Old 1/18/11 | 07:12 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Greyhound
Old 1/18/11 | 07:35 PM
GT Member

Greyhound said the hood was too big. Apparently they changed carriers.
Old 1/18/11 | 11:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

i don't know, but i guess you could try these guys.

try clicking on "just this once"

http://www.freightquote.com/Freight/
Old 1/19/11 | 07:03 PM
Cobra Member

Trucking company will be your best option. The Freight quote link is a great place to start. And, you will pay 200 or so to ship. Just make sure it gets boxed up well.
Old 1/25/11 | 06:19 AM
GT Member

I am not sure if anyone is still reading this, but I thought I would send out what I found and what I used.

I ended up using Pilot Freight. If you want them to deliver your item to and from their terminal than it could be really cheap, about $90. But if you have them deliver the item to a house or business, it ends up being around $165. So if you have a truck and can spend some time picking your item, you could potentially save a lot. Do not tell them you found them on freight quote place. They will make you use the quote service which adds about $50-$60 to the quote.

Another service is terminal to terminal only, FWD Air. (they are ground shipping service. I know the title is misleading.) But they were going to ship it for $80. So you would still need a truck, but it was still a good deal.

I ended up using pilot because the nearest terminal was about 1.5 hours away in one direction. I didn't want to spend the time trying to locate a truck and go and get it.
Old 1/25/11 | 06:23 AM
GT Member

I am not sure if anyone is still reading this, but I thought I would send out what I found and what I used.

I ended up using Pilot Freight. If you want them to deliver your item to and from their terminal than it could be really cheap, about $90. But if you have them deliver the item to a house or business, it ends up being around $165. So if you have a truck and can spend some time picking your item, you could potentially save a lot.

Another service is terminal to terminal only, FWD Air. (they are ground shipping service. I know the title is misleading.) But they were going to ship it for $80. So you would still need a truck, but it was still a good deal. Also, don't tell Pilot that you found them through a shipping quote site. They will make you use that site which will add about $50-$60 on the quote. Just good search them. You will find them.

I ended up using pilot because the nearest terminal was about 1.5 hours away in one direction. I didn't want to spend the time trying to locate a truck and go and get it.