2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/07 | 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Help!

alright, I bought my car 16 days ago, with the help of an X-plan pin from hiznherponies. the dealer calls me up today and says the pin # is bad. other than getting another pin# what can/do i do? is there anyway for me to check the validity of my #. I probably wrote it down wrong when giving it to the dealer. who knows.....
thanks for any help.
Old 2/26/07 | 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You can try over here
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=45
Old 2/26/07 | 07:31 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Send hiznherponies a PM...
Old 2/26/07 | 07:36 PM
GT Member

I got my pin from Blue Oval forums..
Its critical that your SS number matches the one entered to generate the pin.
Old 2/26/07 | 07:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by firestang
alright, I bought my car 16 days ago, with the help of an X-plan pin from hiznherponies. the dealer calls me up today and says the pin # is bad. other than getting another pin# what can/do i do? is there anyway for me to check the validity of my #. I probably wrote it down wrong when giving it to the dealer. who knows.....
thanks for any help.
Just ask the dealer for an X-plan PIN, or negotiate the deal for X-plan pricing. That's what some dealers do in my area, if you are a good customer of theirs.

The PIN is just a technicality really. A dealer can give you X-plan pricing without having X-plan. It's called negotiation. Having a PIN just takes the negotiation out of it...they just charge you a set price, without DOC fee.
Old 2/26/07 | 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Make sure they spelled your name correctly. Had a similar problem, they forgot to add Jr. to my last name.
Old 2/27/07 | 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
Make sure they spelled your name correctly. Had a similar problem, they forgot to add Jr. to my last name.
I'll have to try that since i'm one also.
Old 2/27/07 | 10:29 PM
Cobra R Member

you have a picture up there do you alredy have it? if so they can f-off
Old 2/28/07 | 04:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
you have a picture up there do you alredy have it? if so they can f-off
yep, had her for 18 days. up to 1200 miles! i love this car, and the dealer is a piece of s**t! they have a long history of screwing people here in town. i figured since i had an x-plan they couldn't screw with me as much. and i didn't want to drive an hour to get a car. we'll see
Old 2/28/07 | 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks for any help.
Is the paperwork signed? Was your loan approved? If so, then the car is yours at the price shown on the paperwork/purchase aggrement/sales contract. Unless there is a notation in the paperwork stating sale is dependent on validity of the PIN, tell the dealer to suck an egg.
Old 2/28/07 | 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

thanks for any help.
When you were assigned the x-plan PIN, you should have received an email from myplan@ford.com congratulating you on being enrolled in the x-plan program and instructing you to go to https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/invite.do to register. Did you get any of this?
Old 3/2/07 | 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
When you were assigned the x-plan PIN, you should have received an email from myplan@ford.com congratulating you on being enrolled in the x-plan program and instructing you to go to https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/invite.do to register. Did you get any of this?
no i did not. issue is still unresolved.
Old 3/2/07 | 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Stoenr

Had you done this when Stoenr posted this, you'd probably already have a new PIN by now.
Old 3/2/07 | 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Had you done this when Stoenr posted this, you'd probably already have a new PIN by now.
thanks, but when they did contact me, i went to that site. there are numerous requests for pins that have gone unanswered since the 26th. i just got off the phone with the dealer, and they weren't putting a jr. at the end of my name.

thanks to all who helped and special thanks to hiznherponies for again making it all possible.
Old 3/2/07 | 02:28 PM

... I just got off the phone with the dealer, and they weren't putting a jr. at the end of my name.
Glad you got that straightened out.