2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/05, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wsmatau@February 19, 2005, 9:34 AM
Karpro:
Is there some sort of guarantee that my dealer will not ask the new prices on a car I ordered last year?
Will this effect X-plan pricing?
Also my dealer keeps avoiding the X-plan pricing issue, saying that he will not get the final price until the car is on his lot. Is that true? :scratch: I know "about" what the car should cost, but I don't have any type of paperwork to prove it (other than my DORA which only states invoice).

Thanks for any help.
My honest opinion, you're going to have problems. The x-plan price can, and should, be secured and guaranteed the day you ordered the vehicle. If they are avoiding the question I think you are in for bad suprises when you go to get the car. I would get this resolved now, or find another place to order your car.
Old 2/19/05, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Karpro+February 19, 2005, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ February 19, 2005, 11:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wsmatau@February 19, 2005, 9:34 AM
Karpro:
Is there some sort of guarantee that my dealer will not ask the new prices on a car I ordered last year?
Also my dealer keeps avoiding the X-plan pricing issue, saying that he will not get the final price until the car is on his lot. Is that true? :scratch: I know "about" what the car should cost, but I don't have any type of paperwork to prove it (other than my DORA which only states invoice).

Thanks for any help.
My honest opinion, you're going to have problems. The x-plan price can, and should, be secured and guaranteed the day you ordered the vehicle. If they are avoiding the question I think you are in for bad suprises when you go to get the car. I would get this resolved now, or find another place to order your car.
[/b][/quote]

X plan orders are price protected by Ford if you placed your order before the price increase as karpro indicates.

On X plan orders, you should at least have the vehicle order confirmation sheet that shows the price of your car. The dealer knows the final price when they put the order in (which they should have done while you were there). I agree with karpro. I think you are being set up for big surprises when/if your order actually hits regarding pricing.

Now, if your dealer is giving you the runaround, is telling you they don't know final pricing until the car hits their lot, run...don't walk to another dealer who won't play those types of games. If you put down a deposit, get it back.
Old 2/19/05, 09:37 AM

Karpro:

The x-Plan price was shown for my order, when it was entered into the computer.
Old 2/19/05, 09:43 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+February 18, 2005, 10:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ February 18, 2005, 10:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RaGsHoCkEy88@February 18, 2005, 10:34 PM
my vehicle order confirmation says 540 does that mean it stays at 540 or is it goin to 555??

If you've already placed your order, you're locked in at that price. The increase will only affect new orders
[/b][/quote]

WOW I FIND OUT I DONT GET AFFECTED BY THE PRICE INCREASE!!!!! AND IM SOOO HAPPY BECAUSE THE NHL IS BACK!!!!!! and today a test drive of an 05 GT. whats going on??
Old 2/19/05, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Hey, thanks for the new price list. I appreciate having the numbers on hand. I've done the math and the results weren't too bad; a comparably-equipped Mustang only increased by $429. Not too bad. I guess I was expecting more of a price hike!

Ford knows they've got a hot product for sure. I wonder if the increase resulted in any of the supplier problems or litigation involving the MyColor feature. I plan on placing my order March 19th. Hope the price remains at this level at least until then!

Thanks again, Karpro!
Old 2/19/05, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Everyone for the advice. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the car is supposed to be here tomorrow. So I don't have a lot of time to gather all of my resources. I still have my order form that has the 515 pricing. This is the only dealer in the area that would order on X-plan. Looks like I may have a big shouting match on my hands here in the next 48 hours. :bang:
Old 2/19/05, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by wsmatau@February 19, 2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks Everyone for the advice. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the car is supposed to be here tomorrow. So I don't have a lot of time to gather all of my resources. I still have my order form that has the 515 pricing. This is the only dealer in the area that would order on X-plan. Looks like I may have a big shouting match on my hands here in the next 48 hours. :bang:
Go today to figure all of the pricing out. It will be 10x easier to do it with the car not there as it would be to do it once it is sitting in front of you.

If the car comes and the dealer refuses to give you the car at the price you agreed on, you should do this:
Tell him you need to test drive it once to make sure, and then beat the ever-living poo out of the car Dump the clutch at 5k, do a huge burnout, and drive through the biggest puddle you can find. Then, go back to the dealership and say that you changed your mind, the price is too high
Old 2/19/05, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by wsmatau@February 19, 2005, 11:05 AM

Please let us know how this works out for you. Can't say how dissappointed i am after ordering the car just one day before the price rise, then to be told "sorry it's going to be another $345 :bang:

If the order has already been placed with the dealer (prior to price increase), can we just go to another dealer with the same order number and continue on with the original order at the earlier x-plan price?

Thanks
John in SoCal
'05 GT ordered 2/17
Old 2/19/05, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Karpro, Thanks for the list. Since I haven't ordered yet and am just starting to negotiate, this should be very helpful.
Old 2/19/05, 01:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Once you add the gas, FDAF assessment and Dest and Delivery to these new numbers my pen shows my order cost $567 more should someone order the same car. Good thing I'm locked in to the Dec 1st DORA. I guess this way when they release the rebates this summer it wont hurt Ford as bad.
Old 2/19/05, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by graphicguy@February 19, 2005, 10:06 AM

X plan orders are price protected by Ford if you placed your order before the price increase as karpro indicates.

On X plan orders, you should at least have the vehicle order confirmation sheet that shows the price of your car. The dealer knows the final price when they put the order in (which they should have done while you were there). I agree with karpro. I think you are being set up for big surprises when/if your order actually hits regarding pricing.

Now, if your dealer is giving you the runaround, is telling you they don't know final pricing until the car hits their lot, run...don't walk to another dealer who won't play those types of games. If you put down a deposit, get it back.
Graphic,
Easier said than done. I've been waiting for this car for over 4 months. This is the only dealer within 50 miles that would even use the X-plan. I do have the vehicle order confirmation sheet, but it doesn't say "X-plan price is= $XXX. I printed out everything on the Military Appreciation discount because they already started giving me grief about that the day I ordered. I want everything in black and white so I can point to it and say "You're lying!" when they start with the BS. Is there a way to use my pin to check the pricing on Ford's website? Everyone on this website has been really helpful.

Thanks Again Guys,
Frank
Old 2/19/05, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I was gonna order at the end of the month!
Old 2/20/05, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bump
Old 2/20/05, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the dealer's signature on the vehicle confirmation order form. The form includes the price of the vehicle, delivery, admin charges etc.

The dealer advised me in December that I would be getting the mustang at the price that was in effect on 25 September, 2004.
Old 2/20/05, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wsmatau@February 19, 2005, 3:11 PM
Graphic,
Easier said than done. I've been waiting for this car for over 4 months. This is the only dealer within 50 miles that would even use the X-plan. I do have the vehicle order confirmation sheet, but it doesn't say "X-plan price is= $XXX. I printed out everything on the Military Appreciation discount because they already started giving me grief about that the day I ordered. I want everything in black and white so I can point to it and say "You're lying!" when they start with the BS. Is there a way to use my pin to check the pricing on Ford's website? Everyone on this website has been really helpful.

Thanks Again Guys,
Frank
The problem is the only pricing you can generate through Ford now is the current pricing. Just curious, you have no buyers order or document that just say at least "selling price = $X" ? If you do you should have no problems, if you don't you could be in for an adventure.
Old 2/20/05, 12:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I will go off the hook and probably go to jail if they try jacking me around after all is said and done and they finally get my car, I have the cash waiting and I gave them a 2000 dollar deposit, I re- fied my house to get this car.
If they dont honor my original x plan price that is on my VOC when I put the dep down, I will tell them I will be suing them for sure, of course after a verbal attack of the ages, and they will get the worst word of mouth advertising they have ever seen or heard about.
I was even considering changing my color, but didn't because it would have generated a new DORA with the last increase on Dec 13, so that would make me even madder!!!
Old 2/20/05, 01:45 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by wsmatau+February 19, 2005, 5:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ February 19, 2005, 5:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-graphicguy@February 19, 2005, 10:06 AM

Graphic,

Thanks Again Guys,
Frank
[/b][/quote]

It's up to you. But, the vehicle order confirmation has a line for A/Z/D pricing....and right under that, X plan pricing. What exactly did they give you that didn't show these prices?

Hate to say it, but you're being "jacked" by this dealer. That being the case, they aren't going to price protect you anyway and I doubt you'll see your car in 4 more months because they probably haven't even ordered it. If you've got to start over, get your deposit back and order from another dealer. You're current dealer isn't going to get you a car, anyway.
Old 2/20/05, 02:42 PM
FR500 Member

karpro helped me out with this but i brought the increase up to the dealer and was told i pay for whatever is in place when the car was delivered. now i have to explain to the dealer that i dont. the salesman was like the messanger he knew nothing he just asked the sales manager who said i pay for it. soo now tomarrow im gonna go in get a copy of my DORA and explain to them that what the sales manager said is not true..

AND PS I NEED A QUICK RESPONSE....if u can pm me with and answer please......does anyone know if the 2001 bullitt mustand pedals will fit in my 05?? if not then im ordering the steeda pedal covers. help!!
Old 2/20/05, 03:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@February 20, 2005, 3:45 PM
karpro helped me out with this but i brought the increase up to the dealer and was told i pay for whatever is in place when the car was delivered. now i have to explain to the dealer that i dont. the salesman was like the messanger he knew nothing he just asked the sales manager who said i pay for it. soo now tomarrow im gonna go in get a copy of my DORA and explain to them that what the sales manager said is not true..

Please keep us up to date with this...I will be in the same boat when mine comes in, there have been 2 price increases since I ordered mine, I have NO intention of paying anything more than the x plan price that is on my vehicle order confirmation sheet.
Old 2/20/05, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Can anyone offer a little guidance on using this list? I'm trying to approximate my own X-Plan price. From the FAQ I understand it is approx:

(Invoice - 4%) + 4% + $150

Using this price list, do I use Dealer Price or Dealer Invoice w/ Holdback as the starting Invoice price?

Thanks, all, as always.

Quick Reply: Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...