2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It has begun

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/05, 11:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my mom comes home today yelling at me about how I supposedly drive. According to a parent of a child at my school I nearly rear ended him then honked at him for going to slow. B.S.

He mentioned how there were people in the cross walk and I was driving recklessly. To bad the only time I leave the school parking lot is at noon, I have early release, or after football practice at 7:00 pm. Both times there are almost no students outside of the school. I haven't honked at anyone near my school so I have no clue what the heck this guy was talking about. I think I know what happened though. I made a right out of the school parking lot onto a main road so I usually go fast to avoid on coming traffic, someguy is in the right hand lane driving slow under the speed limit so I pass him. He feels disrespected/pissed so he calls my mom, who is the guidance counselor at my school, and tells her I'm lucky he doesn't report me to the principal. Says I nearly was in his rear bumper and I honked at him and spun the tires while people were in the cross walk. What a Douchebag. Then they tell me the guy who lives on a corner near my house was complaining about me speeding when I KNOW only drive 25, the limit, around the inside of the neighborhood. I think it's cause the car is pretty loud as it is. Regardless I feel targeted because I'm so young and I have this car. Might as well get used to it. My Dad gave me some good advice by telling me to just suck it up and take it, even if I know I was right. It's better than losing your car right? He had a brand new ' 70 Camaro RS/SS with the Z28 engine in it when he was my age so I think he has some understanding of what I'm going through. People are such hiney holes these days.
Old 10/7/05, 04:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Small price to pay for the luxuary of driving this car.

I too, remember the days when I (my car) were pegged as "wreckless".

Today, I selectively chose when and where to open her up.
In town in fact I'm accused of driving like a grandma. I will not do 1 mph over the 25 sl. I take the train tracks at a crawl because they are in horrific shape.
I get flipped off, honked at, and verbally abused. When I get out to open country, all bets are off.

Dad is a smart man.

Just make sure Billy's dad isn't around.
Old 10/7/05, 07:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find it funny how he said you are lucky he didn't call the principal. Since when would the principal have anything to do with a traffic act? Is he going to give you a ticket, take you license away.

Anyway, I sort of know the feeling. I turned onto a side street one day. At the other end there was a bunch of people talking along side of the road. I saw one guy walk into the middle of the street, as I pull up, slowly, he says "Slow that POS down, there are kids on this street." So, being the nice guy that I am I stopped my car and said "What makes you think I was speeding?" He said, "We heard you flying down the street". I replied "Really, first of all , the speed limit is 50 kph. I was only doing 40 and the last time I checked my car does not have wings so go ahead, call the police and tell them I was flying. I'll even let you use my cell phone." His buddy then said "I suggest you leave now if you know what is good for you." Well that is all I needed to hear. I said "1 minute", raised my cell phone up and called a buddy of mine that is a cop who just happened to be on duty. "Hi, could I get an officers assistance at (insert road here). I am being harrased and would like to press charges." The people all looked at me like I was joking. A few started walking away but the one guys buddy started up again "If you know what is good for you, get out of here." Instead I turned off my car and said "If you know what is good for you, you will stay where you are". A few minutes later my buddy pulled up in his cruiser. Got both of thier ID's, etc. and gave them a warning.

I just hate when people claim drivers are doing something when they are not. I won't defend anyone that is being an idiot. Heck, I can't count how many times my mom has been in the front yard and yelled at someone "slow down", when it was obvious (at least to me) that they were going slower than the speed limit. I'd even tell her that and she would say "This is not a main road, they should slow down".
Old 10/7/05, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow. That is one great story there John. I can't believe that you actually called the cops, even though he was a buddy of yours, on some punks like that. Nice work .

Oh and Johnathan, I also can't believe that guy called your home and made up all of that stuff about you. Just because you drive a nicer car than he does doesn't give him a right to harrass you :notnice: .
Old 10/7/05, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

It's not only Mustangs. My Jeep (on mud-terrains) gets the same garbage because the tires hum really loud and people assume i'm speeding.

This summer i was going about 20mph (in a 25mph neighborhood) and came around a blind curve where some guy was playing with his kid in the middle of the road. I slammed on the brakes so I stopped. The guy started screaming like I was going 100 mph. He said I almost killed them. Not even close, although keep playing in the street hidden from view and Darwin will get you. He threatened to get my plates and call the cops. I parked on the curb and said here's my plates, please call the police. He told me how "lucky" I was he wasn't going to press charges. I begged him to call the police, and he wouldn't. Idle threats. I guess the fact that I was twice his size might have done something. I'm sure i'll be getting the same garbage once my Stang arrives.
Old 10/7/05, 09:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Pffft... I was driving home from work doing *gasp* 45mph in a 45mph zone!

Up ahead, I see a vehicle waiting to come out of a shopping center. When I get about 10 car lengths to the car, she pulls out and just stops right in front of me! Needless to say I have to jam on the brakes and I stop shy of 2-3 car lengths from her. I look at her incredulously to which she yells back, "You're going too fast!" And then proceeds to move out to the far left lane.

I love people who think they are the law and should enforce it when they have no freakin' clue what's going on and are more hazardous to highway safety than you.
Old 10/7/05, 09:34 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by seth0019@October 7, 2005, 8:26 AM
Wow. That is one great story there John. I can't believe that you actually called the cops, even though he was a buddy of yours, on some punks like that. Nice work .

Oh and Johnathan, I also can't believe that guy called your home and made up all of that stuff about you. Just because you drive a nicer car than he does doesn't give him a right to harrass you :notnice: .

I have been harassed so much over the years just because of what I drive. About a year after I got my 97 GT a car got on my hiney and started following me around. After about 45 minutes of going down back streets, in circles etc, I spotted a cop that was radaring traffic. I pulled up to him and when I did the car darted into a parking lot. Before I had a chance to say anything the cop said "What's with the car" as he is looking at the other guys. I said "Hopefully you can tell me, they have been following me for close to an hour". He told me to stay where I was and he took off. About 30 minutes he came back and said that he asked the driver why he was following me. The driver said that he new me. The cop asked him what my name was to which he said "um, I don't know". The cop said to me "here, have fun" and handed me a piece of paper. On the paper was the guys name and address. Wouldn't you know it, the address was to a house around the corner from mine and my car had been egged a week before. So I said thanks and drove directly to the guys house. Rang the doorbell and his mother answered the door. I asked if he son was home, which he wasn't. So I asked if he husband was home, and he was. I then told them both what had happened. They invited me in for a coffee and to wait for he son to come home, after all, she called his cell phone and asked him to come home right away (but didn't tell him why ). I can just imagine the look on his face when he pulled up and saw my car in front of his house. Well he came in and I said "Since you know me, I thought I would get to know you. That way I know who is following me around." He insisted he had nothing to do with egging my car and that he would never follow me around again.

I dealt with enough punks over the years and made friends with a lot of cops because of it. I am by no means a tough guy, I just don't put up with crap. The best thing I learned in life is that if you put a push bar on the front of a truck, you can push a k-car through an intersection without leaving a scratch on your truck. Comes in pretty handy when you girlfriends ex and his friends what to have a friendly chat with you.
Old 10/7/05, 10:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

"I find it funny how he said you are lucky he didn't call the principal. Since when would the principal have anything to do with a traffic act? Is he going to give you a ticket, take you license away."

John, the principal has the power to revoke TehSleepers on campus parking permit/priveledges which he'd then be forced as an upper classman to take the bus.

That sucks that kid made up the story about you.
Old 10/7/05, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've had similar problems in my g/f's neighborhood. The speed limit is 25 and I usually go about 15 - 20 MPH when I come to pick up my g/f as it's around 4 - 5 PM at that time and children are usually playing.

So one day, I come around a corner and there are these three kids playing wiffle ball. They see my car about 250 ft away, one of them yells "Car!" and they move off to the side while I pass. Then they go back to playing while I park. I go inside to pick up my g/f and guess who's outside? One of the kids' mothers! In a very nasty tone, she proceeds to try and lecture me on how dangerous it is to speed in the neighborhood, how she has to "protect her children", blah, blah, blah. I cut her off mid-sentence, argue with her for a bit, tell her I have a perfect driving record and ask what HER record is like (man did her face turn into a turnip when I said that), and bascailly to go screw herself. I'm a safe driver, I don't tear around neighborhoods, and I'm not going to be pushed around because I'm 22 and I own a Mustang.

Actually, I think it's more of an age thing - my g/f's father owns two very loud cars. A heavily modded/unmuffled '98 Cobra and '96 Thunderbird. But no one ever bothers him, even on the occassion he takes the Cobra or Thunderbird to work at 7 AM and arrives home around the same time I pick up my g/f. It's a lot easier to try and chew out someone half your age than it is to go up to another middle-aged adult and flap one's gums.

That lady picked the wrong 22 year old to pick on. I have not (and will not) changed my driving habits. She hasn't bothered me since.
Old 10/7/05, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Get a front plate that says "F. U."
Old 10/7/05, 01:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I know what you guys are talking about...

Something like that has happened twice in my girlfriends neighborhood. The 1st time I was in my "82 5.0 (which is very loud), we were heading back to her house and I got stuck behind a women doing 10-15mph (the speed limits 25mph) through her neighbor. The women pulled to the side of the road to let me pass, so I did, I then got up to between 27-28mph. The women followed us to the house and yelled at us when we pulled in the driveway for going too fast.

Second time was a day I was leaving my girlfriends house, now in my '97 Gt which is much more quite. I was within 30ft of the stop sign to pull out of her neighbor and a women was jogging on the side of the road. I passed her doing 10-15mph, as I passed her she yelled "Slow down, you're going to fast!!" I had my windows up, A/C on, and my stereo going but I was still able to here her clearly. I revved it up to about 5,000rpm as I pulled out of her neighbor, made me feel better

Oh well, it's the small price you pay for driving a great car.
Old 10/7/05, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I go to a small private school, the principal could do a number of things if I admitted to anything that happened including Suspension, detention, expulsion, and taking away my parking pass which would mean I have to park across the street in front of an "Adult School" which numerous low lifes come out of who would possibly harm my car. My school has suspended two kids from my school for writing cuss words on their online journals, this was last year one of the guys is my best friend. My school has kicked people out for less, there were 3 kids who were expelled because this faggy kid spread rumors they smoked weed and the administration bought it. I really don't care anymore, and if anyone wants to comment on my driving they can come to me and I'll gladly explain to them why they're wrong. They don't need to go to my parents first and try especially when they're wrong.
Old 10/7/05, 03:39 PM
Retired Tms Staff

so were you on a city street when you supposidly (speeling?) did this or on school property. If I was on a city street and someone then tried to tell me that the principal was going to "punish" me for speeding, I'd say "Rent a suit cause I'll see you in court". Maybe it is where I live, but frankly, not on school property, they don't have the right to do anything. That is what the police are for.
Old 10/7/05, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TehSLeeper@October 7, 2005, 3:06 PM
My school has kicked people out for less, there were 3 kids who were expelled because this faggy kid spread rumors they smoked weed and the administration bought it.
High school kids doing drugs!!! What is this world coming to!!?!??!!?
Old 10/7/05, 04:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The car looks like its going to fast ...the people who you are dealing with are to slow
Old 10/7/05, 06:48 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah for most non-car people, LOUD equals FAST.........

And John - after all the bad luck stories I have read on here lately, your story made my friggin week. That story rules.
Old 10/7/05, 08:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 7, 2005, 8:43 AM
I find it funny how he said you are lucky he didn't call the principal. Since when would the principal have anything to do with a traffic act? Is he going to give you a ticket, take you license away.

Anyway, I sort of know the feeling. I turned onto a side street one day. At the other end there was a bunch of people talking along side of the road. I saw one guy walk into the middle of the street, as I pull up, slowly, he says "Slow that POS down, there are kids on this street." So, being the nice guy that I am I stopped my car and said "What makes you think I was speeding?" He said, "We heard you flying down the street". I replied "Really, first of all , the speed limit is 50 kph. I was only doing 40 and the last time I checked my car does not have wings so go ahead, call the police and tell them I was flying. I'll even let you use my cell phone." His buddy then said "I suggest you leave now if you know what is good for you." Well that is all I needed to hear. I said "1 minute", raised my cell phone up and called a buddy of mine that is a cop who just happened to be on duty. "Hi, could I get an officers assistance at (insert road here). I am being harrased and would like to press charges." The people all looked at me like I was joking. A few started walking away but the one guys buddy started up again "If you know what is good for you, get out of here." Instead I turned off my car and said "If you know what is good for you, you will stay where you are". A few minutes later my buddy pulled up in his cruiser. Got both of thier ID's, etc. and gave them a warning.

I just hate when people claim drivers are doing something when they are not. I won't defend anyone that is being an idiot. Heck, I can't count how many times my mom has been in the front yard and yelled at someone "slow down", when it was obvious (at least to me) that they were going slower than the speed limit. I'd even tell her that and she would say "This is not a main road, they should slow down".
the school feels the need to take everything into their own hands, principle would suspend him most likely, just because he can
Old 10/7/05, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 7, 2005, 1:42 PM
so were you on a city street when you supposidly (speeling?) did this or on school property. If I was on a city street and someone then tried to tell me that the principal was going to "punish" me for speeding, I'd say "Rent a suit cause I'll see you in court". Maybe it is where I live, but frankly, not on school property, they don't have the right to do anything. That is what the police are for.
If I admitted to doing it they could take action otherwise nothing would merit those actions. Besides the majority of the administration and teachers love me so I doubt they'd think anything of it. I've got a pretty good reputation around here, mostly from working hard in school and playing sports. They already changed their style because their lawyers told them they couldn't legally do alot of stuff they've been doing. But I guess that's what I get for going to a small psycho christian school. Not that christian's or christian schools are bad my school is just full of nuts.
Old 10/7/05, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I went to a private high school. They are not bound by the sort of legal rules public schools are bound by. They can do whatever they want to you for whatever reason they please, as long as it isn't discrimination, racism, sexism, or any other form of -ism.

I went to St. Rose High School. My principal Dr. Cambell had me suspended because I read Stephen King and liked to write horror stories. In her opinion, my stories had violence in them, therefore I was dangerous. Well, of course they had violence - it was a horror story. A horror story without some measure of violence/gore/supernatural event is like a romance novel without so much as a kiss. It took threat of legal action and the opinion of 4 psychologists to get me back in.

There were many rich children who attended my school. Most of them were given Porches, Beamers, Mercedes, Corvettes, etc. for their first cars. Funny, those kids never got reprimanded for speeding... in fact, 99.9% of them never got in trouble at all, even though most of them wound up smashing their brand new cars into telephone polls a couple months after they got them (none of them were seriously injured, unfortunately). Only middle income kids seemed to get detentions... strange, huh?
Old 10/8/05, 04:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 7, 2005, 5:42 PM
I'd have to agree, private school or not, I can't see them being able to do much, so long as you follow their driving rules while on the schools property.

Quick Reply: It has begun