2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

It has actually happened... DKII has left the building......

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/06, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's an awesome looking car! A guy bought a new black on black '06 at the same time I was picking up my '07 and he had the dealer install one of the Roush superchargers on his. Man, that thing would run! Enjoy your new Mustang!
-Chip in SC
Old 7/25/06, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Shocked

I would've never guessed that you would be selling Dark Night II anytime soon. I'm just so surprised! Anyhow, Foxfire II is really sharp looking, not to mention nicely equipped. Congrats and good luck with new new ride. Can't wait to see Foxfire II in person, especially after you install the new ducktail spoiler. Hope to see you at Tower Shops soon!

Steve
Old 7/25/06, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

All I can say is WOW ! Nice ride congrats
Old 7/25/06, 06:26 PM
Number Cruncher

Congrats.

You got the car I wanted.
(til my better half got involved )

Gonna miss the hood on DKII though.
Old 7/25/06, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jealous! <-enough said
Old 7/25/06, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

**** hot!!! Hows the saleen suspension feel in comparison to the stock set-up you used to have?
Old 7/25/06, 07:42 PM

She is a beauty. I can not wait to see that baby in person. DKII will be missed. My stang feels like its brother has moved away but yet gained a new more powerfull brother in the process.

ps hows the gas milage been with the new toy?
Old 7/25/06, 08:43 PM
GTR Member

You little devil you! I can't believe I was just thinking of your car and Pmed you and the whole time you had this. Way to keep a secret.I never could have done that. Are you getting a hood in the future?
Now I will have to reset my wallpaper!!
Old 7/25/06, 09:36 PM
Big Falken Tires

Original plan was to outfit it the same bodywise as DK II..... only one prob.... ran outta money...... I would LOVE to do the RK Sport hood again but just isn't in the cards right now. And actually, after so long with the Cally Dream hood. it is nice to be able to just let it drop shut like you can do with the stock hood. I hope to eventually do that hood though (yeah Lenny - I miss it too!) - especially with the Saleen leaving the airbox in the same place..... (and I still have my C&L racer intake and Xcal II put away for down the road...)

The few extras I had in the garage I sold financed a few body mods which are being painted right now though so in another week, the chin spoiler, ducktail, etc should be ready to go. It'lll look a bit similar to the old car but I will change a few things....

Boltzman - yeah keeping quiet has been hard - especially responding to you in that PM.

Perry - gas mileage so far (only been a week) is truthfully about the same. I'm telling you - the series VI just sounds like you have an extra AC compressor running or something, that's it - the engine is 'noisier' but you do not immediately hear it and go 'Hey, supercharger...'

Lokius - after the Eibach install on DK II, I loved the ride height but truthfully, missed a better ride in terms of comfort. Going over train tracks I would slow WAY down to not rattle the car..... I am loving the Racecraft suspension in terms of comfort. Tight taking a corner and yet COMFORTABLE and smooth.

Steve - yeah selling DK II was NOT easy . But I tried to maintain the mindset of onward to bigger and better and I sure did enjoy the time I had with the car. So not many regrets.... yeah, once I have the ducktail on, we'll hook up at Towers and show GT Racer the in-person spoiler/tail mods he is curious about.....

John - last PM to you I HINTED something was up but wanted to wait till I had her in my possession - and got a kick out of you seeing me selling a few things and immediately the danger radar went up about 'Is everything okay?...' Nice to know my Mustang peeps are lookin out for me.....

Runfox - on the west coast at Saleen headquarters, they do work like this all the time. Out east.... well lets just say it is not done often if at all. I was able to pull things together and get it done - meaning of course as you guessed, since installled by Saleen and running their base 2006 S281 tune, it does NOT void warranty. (a big deal for me in this). Shame you can;t make the Orlando meet on the 12th - but really looking forward to the drive up to MCA meet in Sept - that's gonna rock!
Old 7/25/06, 09:47 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I forgot you were coming in Sept, can't wait to see FFII and all our other members cars!
Old 7/25/06, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
All I can say is HOLS CRAP!!!! !! I now know that I got the wrong rims when I ordered my car. I went with the upgraded rims because I really didn't like the Bullit's but seeing them on your car WOW. By the way, The spoiler that you gave me from DKII still look's great and thank's alot for the help with it. Hope everything goes well with FoxFireII.

P.S. I also have Redfire.

Sean
Old 7/25/06, 10:43 PM
Cobra Member

Nice job Dave, I knew you had something a brew'n but I must say I'm a bit shocked...You put a lot into Dark Knight II, it would be like me selling Natasha...

It look's like you made out good and Firefox II sure is a good looking Pony. I asume there was a Firefox I...That was a great movie as well. When your ready to make more power let me know and I'll help you out and save you some cash. You don't need no stink'n drivetrain warranty anyhow. Besides you wont believe what the Saleen S/C'er can do with a little help...

BTW: Saleen stock tunes are NOTORIOUSLY lean. You would be wise to dyno it with a A/F check to make sure your ok.
Old 7/26/06, 04:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
... hmmm... so what do you have planned up your sleeve?
John I wish I could say, "Just wait and see...", but that's not the case. Major mods are pretty much on hold for me for the forseeable future
Old 7/26/06, 06:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on beautifull ride! And welcome to the Redfire club, great choice
Old 7/26/06, 06:40 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I'm like everyone else. I was thinking NOOOOOO when I started reading this post. We are at the beach for Mustang Week and I decided to check the board.
The new one is absoutely awesome. I have no doubt you will make it even better than DKII. That rocks Dave. I am sooo glad it worked out for you!! Big, big congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 7/26/06, 10:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That car is a wolf in sheeps clothing! I would have to think long and hard before doing any exterior mods to the car. Excellent ride!
Old 7/27/06, 08:13 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you, my friend, are officially nuts Now get rid of the steering wheel cover

I am still shocked that you sold DKII. So much work involved in that car.
Old 7/27/06, 08:49 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
you, my friend, are officially nuts
Now get rid of the steering wheel cover
I am still shocked that you sold DKII. So much work involved in that car.
Dave,I didn't want to say it but I was thinking the same thing..Unless you love it,then disregard this
Old 7/27/06, 10:10 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Dave,I didn't want to say it but I was thinking the same thing..Unless you love it,then disregard this
I'll tell you and John - the reason it is on the new car (cause it was on DKII) was when I first started going to the track with my brother, I was sweating my a** off in the staging lanes (South Florida) and sweating all over the stock leather steering wheel wrap - grabbed one of these at the store cause I really didn't care if I sweat on that thing. I also like driving with my windows down if I can instead of with the AC on so down here, your hands can get clammy and again, I don't want to ruin the stock wheel wrap.

Funny thing is now, I drive my brother's 05 and the wheel seems ANEMIC because I have grown so used to the streeing wheel filling up my hand with the Ford Racing wrap on it. Its more of a habit/protective thing now that it is a dress up item......

And yeah, selling the DKII was SOMETHING to get past (I have a final pic with the car that I just haven't posted yet - about 10 seconds before I got in my friend's Suburban and drove away - maybe I'll get it up on here sometime...). But you know what? In the past few years I have tried to adopt the idea that nothing stays static in life forever - and that things change.... its just the way it goes.

I had a great year and a half in that car - but I had a jones to make my driving experience more enjoyable... and I had the means and the opportunity to try and act on it so I went for it. If I hadn't taken the shot, I know it would have really bothered me for a long while afterwards.

No regrets in my opinion. Firefox II is going to be a great daily driver and a great platform to build on in the coming years.....
Old 7/27/06, 10:36 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
I'll tell you and John - the reason it is on the new car (cause it was on DKII) was when I first started going to the track with my brother, I was sweating my a** off in the staging lanes (South Florida) and sweating all over the stock leather steering wheel wrap - grabbed one of these at the store cause I really didn't care if I sweat on that thing. I also like driving with my windows down if I can instead of with the AC on so down here, your hands can get clammy and again, I don't want to ruin the stock wheel wrap.

Funny thing is now, I drive my brother's 05 and the wheel seems ANEMIC because I have grown so used to the streeing wheel filling up my hand with the Ford Racing wrap on it. Its more of a habit/protective thing now that it is a dress up item......

And yeah, selling the DKII was SOMETHING to get past (I have a final pic with the car that I just haven't posted yet - about 10 seconds before I got in my friend's Suburban and drove away - maybe I'll get it up on here sometime...). But you know what? In the past few years I have tried to adopt the idea that nothing stays static in life forever - and that things change.... its just the way it goes.

I had a great year and a half in that car - but I had a jones to make my driving experience more enjoyable... and I had the means and the opportunity to try and act on it so I went for it. If I hadn't taken the shot, I know it would have really bothered me for a long while afterwards.

No regrets in my opinion. Firefox II is going to be a great daily driver and a great platform to build on in the coming years.....
AMEN BROTHER

Quick Reply: It has actually happened... DKII has left the building......