2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

got the worst news i could ever get

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/05, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i ordered my 05,gt,sonic blue, iup, active anti theft, wheel locks, ect.... well after having my salesman tell me the whole month your car is coming in next week. i got poed and call ford customer service, to find out the status of my car. it was in the same status as when i called almost a month ago. so i am sitting there and try to call my sales rep his not there at the moment.. so i say screw this i am going there. i go there to find out they are still waiting for it to come in. so they check there print out to see when it`s coming in. it`s not on there, called storage it`s not there. check the computer say it was shipped march 29th, expected date april 1st. on there system it says they have the car. they said they had a ford rep go through there inventory last week in person touching every car and checking vin#`s ect... it was not there . they called storage to check again this time with a walk through it`s not there, sowhen i called ford about my car i was told that it was in the body shop for final assembly process. but this thing does not look good for me . dealer telling my my car may have been damaged or worse. from the minute i heard this i told him to call the regional rep. well it`s friday and you know they get lazy on friday called them but never got a call back . i told them as soon as we can talk to someone i want to be there and see what the heck is going on. i hope it is just some computer problems or something of the sort. but it looks like i may not get my o5 the worst part no sonic blue next year and i am not sure i want to buy a 06 at even if they gave it to me for the same price as my 05. only time will tell . i will let you guys know the outcome as soon as i hear something..

lou :notnice: :angry:
Old 4/29/05, 04:07 PM
Cobra R Member

That's depressing stuff Lou.......but hang in there
Old 4/29/05, 04:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by WERKED 66@April 29, 2005, 4:05 PM
sowhen i called ford about my car i was told that it was in the body shop for final assembly process. but this thing does not look good for me . dealer telling my my car may have been damaged or worse.
yikes!!! if this is true,i dont think i would take that car and i would demand they get me another sonicblue asap,or dealership speak to my lawyers...
Old 4/29/05, 04:28 PM
Cobra Member

at this point i dont know what i am going to do.....
Old 4/29/05, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is a really tough situation due to the issue with Sonic Blue not being offered next year. I really don't know what I'd do in that situation. I guess I'd probably search all over the country for one on a lot with the same stuff as mine and make the dealership or Ford do a trade so your dealer can sell it to you at your same deal you had agreed to.
Old 4/29/05, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

Man, I am sorry to hear that.

But, to keep things in perspective, that is certainly not the worst news you could ever get.
Old 4/29/05, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack+April 29, 2005, 4:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom_vilsack @ April 29, 2005, 4:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WERKED 66@April 29, 2005, 4:05 PM
sowhen i called ford about my car i was told that it was in the body shop for final assembly process. but this thing does not look good for me . dealer telling my my car may have been damaged or worse.
yikes!!! if this is true,i dont think i would take that car and i would demand they get me another sonicblue asap,or dealership speak to my lawyers...
[/b][/quote]

Considering he has yet to purchase it there is no legal recourse for him. The dealership should take it in the backside and do whatever it takes to replace the car. But, this late in the game I don't know what they could do (if they even wanted to do anything).
Old 4/29/05, 05:15 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine got held for a quality check for about 3 weeks or so with 900+ cars .Think of it as a good thing that if something was wrong they caught it and will make it right before you get it .
Old 4/29/05, 06:01 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack+April 29, 2005, 4:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom_vilsack @ April 29, 2005, 4:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WERKED 66@April 29, 2005, 4:05 PM
[/b][/quote]

you and your lawyers....
Old 4/29/05, 06:10 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by tom_vilsack+April 29, 2005, 3:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom_vilsack @ April 29, 2005, 3:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WERKED 66@April 29, 2005, 4:05 PM
[/b][/quote]
I would do the same thing
Old 4/29/05, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Ripstang@April 29, 2005, 4:18 PM
Mine got held for a quality check for about 3 weeks or so with 900+ cars .Think of it as a good thing that if something was wrong they caught it and will make it right before you get it .

I ordered my 99 F250 SD Crew Diesel and it was held for "quality check" as well. When I did receive it, I brought it back to the dealer to put the hood on straight and fix the driver door lock **** that was stuck in the hole because the hole was too small. I think the "Quality Check" guys just need something to drive home in, I had 25 miles on it when it came in.

Anyhow, good luck, Lou. It's probably there somewhere.
Old 4/29/05, 06:16 PM
FR500 Member

thank god mine didnt get held....the only thing holding delivery is the paperwork
Old 4/30/05, 05:31 AM

Mine is also one of the cars held for a "Quality Hold". It was produced March 22nd, still sitting in Flatrock for what ever the issue(s) are. Im going to go over my car inch by inch before I sign off on it!
Old 4/30/05, 07:02 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Rampant@April 29, 2005, 6:00 PM
Man, I am sorry to hear that.

But, to keep things in perspective, that is certainly not the worst news you could ever get.

My thoughts exactly.....! Its not like you were diagnosed with some fatal condition or someone close to you died. I said it before and I will say it again, no offense but "Its a car"
Old 4/30/05, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lou, If you do end up having to go with an '06 model, see if they will be willing to have it repainted Sonic Blue (SN) before you take delivery.
Old 4/30/05, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

i understand what so of you mean by it`s not the worst news. but things have not been so well on my end lately. my neighbor and good friend for 15+ =yrs passed away, my grandmother passed away as well as a bunch of family matters and work related things. so i have been looking foward to getting my new car to enjoy myself and let lose a bit. i have waited for 5 months for this car and was really looking foward depending on the outcome. so it is just another let down and my spirts are kinda low...but i hope it is just a stupid error and might get taken car of. well only time will tell.....
Old 4/30/05, 04:28 PM
Cobra Member

Lou, If you do end up having to go with an '06 model, see if they will be willing to have it repainted Sonic Blue (SN) before you take delivery.

i was thinking if they could do it that i want the color that bad.. to make up for what was done also i would like the extended warrenty at no charge and some sort of discount. or at least what i was going to pay for my 05..dealer keeps trying to push a sonic auto on me and i have told him several times thats not what i want cause it is not what i ordered.
Old 4/30/05, 05:08 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
have you even found out yet exactly what is wrong, or was wrong with the car?
Old 4/30/05, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WERKED 66@April 30, 2005, 4:28 PM
i understand what so of you mean by it`s not the worst news. but things have not been so well on my end lately. my neighbor and good friend for 15+ =yrs passed away, my grandmother passed away as well as a bunch of family matters and work related things. so i have been looking foward to getting my new car to enjoy myself and let lose a bit. i have waited for 5 months for this car and was really looking foward depending on the outcome. so it is just another let down and my spirts are kinda low...but i hope it is just a stupid error and might get taken car of. well only time will tell.....
You've had alot on your plate and you deserve to have something to look forward to and to enjoy. I really hope it all works out for you and you can get your car soon. Good Luck to you... let us know how it turns out.
Old 4/30/05, 05:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+April 30, 2005, 7:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ April 30, 2005, 7:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>have you even found out yet exactly what is wrong, or was wrong with the car?
[/b]

Originally posted by leesi@April 30, 2005, 7:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-WERKED 66
@April 30, 2005, 4:28 PM

You've had alot on your plate and you deserve to have something to look forward to and to enjoy. I really hope it all works out for you and you can get your car soon. Good Luck to you... let us know how it turns out.
[/quote]

as soon as i find out something i will let you guys know.....i am going to the dealer on monday and plan to do the samething i did on friday park my hiney and not move till i get answers or something is done about this problem . the only bad part was that this took place on a friday and most people were gone for the weekend...

Quick Reply: got the worst news i could ever get