2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got some bad news yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/06, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got some bad news yesterday...

Well, apparently the car i ordered back in flippin' MAY was ordered wrong. Even though i gave him order codes and everything. The dealer said he ordered it right, but since Ford had a quantity issue or something with the standards, they automatically switched it to an automatic to build the car. Well... we wouldn't have had this problem back in MAY if he had ordered it when i told him to... i think what happend was he just sat on it, didn't order it until a few weeks ago when they're having this issue with the standard trannys and NOW he's telling me he had to order a new car now that they're releasing the manual transmissions... i think all of this is Scheiß- and those of you who know german know what this word means... anyway- now he's saying its going to be 4 weeks until my car is going to be delivered.... HORSE CRAP- it should have been ready 4 weeks after i ordered it in freakin MAY! I'm so ticked off i dont even know what to do.... my husband tells me im too nice to the guy on the phone... but i dont want to **** him off and who knows- maybe he'd screw something else up.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 7/29/06, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

Something sounds fishy there, Ford would not just switch an order around like that unless it was standard dealer stock as opposed to a custom order. I wonder if the dealer already had one scheduled to be delivered that was equipped like your order, so never in fact placed your order? Sorry to hear it, hope they get it right next time!
Old 7/29/06, 09:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sara calm down, bug the dealer and tell him to show you the order form he sent to Ford and the document that certifies that there was a shortage of manual transmissions
Old 7/29/06, 09:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07MustangSB
Well, apparently the car i ordered back in flippin' MAY was ordered wrong. Even though i gave him order codes and everything. The dealer said he ordered it right, but since Ford had a quantity issue or something with the standards, they automatically switched it to an automatic to build the car. Well... we wouldn't have had this problem back in MAY if he had ordered it when i told him to... i think what happend was he just sat on it, didn't order it until a few weeks ago when they're having this issue with the standard trannys and NOW he's telling me he had to order a new car now that they're releasing the manual transmissions... i think all of this is Scheiß- and those of you who know german know what this word means... anyway- now he's saying its going to be 4 weeks until my car is going to be delivered.... HORSE CRAP- it should have been ready 4 weeks after i ordered it in freakin MAY! I'm so ticked off i dont even know what to do.... my husband tells me im too nice to the guy on the phone... but i dont want to **** him off and who knows- maybe he'd screw something else up.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Good idea to be nice on the phone. I can't imagine them changing it to an auto. Do you have the current order confirmation sheet like this doc (sorry mine is not very clear)? This is the car I never got. It has all the order codes..sorry to hear that you are having trouble now
Attached Thumbnails Got some bad news yesterday...-conf.jpg  
Old 7/29/06, 09:20 AM
GT Member

Sounds like you need a different dealer.
Old 7/29/06, 10:47 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gisarm
Sounds like you need a different dealer.
+1. And I wouldn't worry about being nice to the former dealer.
Old 7/29/06, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

well... i dont have any documentation like you guys are talking about...i live overseas in germany and i placed the order to him over the phone... he has my email address and i call him like every couple of weeks... so at some point... he should have been like" oh by the way they changed your car to auto.... and then we could have rectified the situation then... not now- when i'm supposed to get the car in a month... i told him when i placed the order in may that we needed the car drop shipped to south dakota no later than 1 september.... so that way when we get there we have a car to drive... well he just screwed that up for my family- now we'll probably have to rent a car to drive anywhere- which is crap because.... I PLACED THE ORDER IN MAY - see- my problem is i dont know how all of this works, so i dont know what he's telling me if its the truth or not.... it all started sounding fishy after i asked him to send me the info on how much it will cost a month with such amount down.. yada yada- he was busy at that time and said he'd get it to me by the end of the day- well 3 days later... i call him and he's like " oh you didn't get it??? i sent you an email" i was like well if i got the freaking email, i wouldn't be calling you now would i? so he was like ok- let me find it and send it to you right now... i should have said what i was thinking and said "just tell it to me now over the phone" but no, i said ok- and he emails me 2 hours later saying he needs my zip code... and i'm thinking- if you ALREADY did the financing and ALREADY sent me an email....why do you need my zip code now??? i knew something was up then.... from there when he finally DID send me the info... is when i saw the options he listed and how much they each cost- and listed was "automatic" i called him back and was like... this isn't my order... number one i didn't order an automatic... and two half the options i wanted aren't listed here... then he was like oh i looked at the wrong order... HOW DO YOU LOOK AT THE WRONG ORDER WHEN MY NAME IS ON IT??? anyway- he was like yeah i was looking at the one for alloy... i was like uhh i DID get the alloy- i changed the color, remember?? insert long awkward pause here.... and then he was like ohh.. well uh let me contact ford and see whats up with the automatic thing... yeah and thats when i found out after 2 weeks of him not saying anything to me at all... that ford changed it on their own... which his manager said the same thing... which i think is crap cuz if you order a car... and if ford doesn't have that part... and they just change it... then you're not getting the car you ordered... doesn't make any sense... i'm just so mad that even after i call him all the time asking whats up with my mustang... he never has anything to report until now- when its down to the wire and i'm supposed to be driving this b!t(# in 4 weeks.... he also tells me this whole time that my car is supposed to be built the week of the 27th of july... and yet he never has a vin number... no partial vin number... no nothing at alll.........i'm just so livid i could explode
Old 7/29/06, 01:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Something sounds fishy there, Ford would not just switch an order around like that unless it was standard dealer stock as opposed to a custom order. I wonder if the dealer already had one scheduled to be delivered that was equipped like your order, so never in fact placed your order? Sorry to hear it, hope they get it right next time!
Ford will just make you wait and wait if there is parts shortage.
The dealer on the other hand wants to sell cars. The managers can make a decision to go ahead and change the order. Then they have a car to try to sell you (or someone else if you won't take it). They are more likely to do this if they are a large allocation dealership because they know in the end they can just put your order in later and BS you about what happened.
Old 7/29/06, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

well... i'm pretty sure there wasn't a parts shortage in May, when i ordered it... so i shouldn't even have to be running into this problem if the guy had just done his job when i gave him the order...
Old 7/29/06, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I agree, you need to find a different dealer, they are feeding you BS.
Old 7/29/06, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by karman
Ford will just make you wait and wait if there is parts shortage.
Exactly! Mine got held up because of the manual tranny and 64W wheels. Supposedly it only delayed it a week, but it's hard to say, it may have been longer because it's still not here. Ford definitely will not just switch out options on a custom order though.
Old 7/29/06, 10:41 PM
V6 Member

There are plenty of 07s on dealer lots. Have a dealer find you what you want or pick a zip code and search yourself. Manuals rock . I just can't believe how hard it is to order a Mustang. I went to the local BIG dealer to check out Grabber Orange. I ended up talking to salesman for a half hour and tell him I got the kids with me I'll be back saturday to order one.{black} I get there Saturday offer invoice he says 1000 over. Take it or leave it. I left it. That night I went on line told two dealers my deal. 500 over takes it {talk about pulling the trigger I've been waiting two years about to shoot myself} I wake up the next day. The phone is ringing computer is on fire,oh oh come buy a 06 come buy our 06. I checked there inventory already and knew they didn't have what I wanted. Fianlly after noon one salesman calls. Yea the manager says its OK to order one. I had email him what options I wanted,but when I get there and after some small talk , he says they have one written up ,up front. He goes and comes back with the sheet for a loaded GT premium. Tells me to cross off anything I don't want, like most of it. He goes back up front and comes back ok. I say one more thing I want a deluxe. Goes up front comes back with manager who tries to talk me into a premium. In the end I ordered a GT deluxe,leather,side air,and IUP. I got my VOC and looks correct. Its been a month now, finally emailed my salesman a few times but remember him telling he'd be on vacation. I'll try again Monday.
Old 7/30/06, 05:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

well... i'm pretty sure there wasn't a parts shortage in May, when i ordered it... so i shouldn't even have to be running into this problem if the guy had just done his job when i gave him the order...
Sara, it is obvious that this guy has no respect for you. You need to talk to Ed (ISELLFORD) AKA ISELLFORD@AOL.COM. He will drop ship anywhere..He's a square guy and his GT is a Grabber Orange Vert!! And he has great pictures...And he's ex-military....
Old 7/30/06, 08:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
Good idea to be nice on the phone. I can't imagine them changing it to an auto. Do you have the current order confirmation sheet like this doc (sorry mine is not very clear)? This is the car I never got. It has all the order codes..sorry to hear that you are having trouble now
Sara - here are my quick thoughts.

-- Make sure you get the car you want. That will be most important later on.

-- Be careful with the "order confirmation sheet" that has been attached as an image here. It's a great idea to get one, but in my experience it's something that a dealer can just flash off the computer. They can simply mock up an vehicle and print the sheet. I ordered and received a 2007 vert and I have a sheet like that -- it doesn't even have my name on it.

-- I agree, talk with Ed (ISELLFORD) or someone else. I have exchanged a couple of emails with Ed and he seems very helpful.

-- I'm in Illinois and I purchased from a high-volume dealer. My salesman was not the most knowledgeable but he was focused and investigated anything I needed. If you want me to put you in contact with him, PM me. I'm sure he would investigate this for you. I picked up my 2007 5 spd GT vert 4 weeks after I ordered it.

Thanks and good luck to you and the rest of our military out there.
Old 7/30/06, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

thanks guys for all your suggestions.... after a few days to calm down and re-collect myself, i think i will talk to Ed- i've spoken with him a few times just asking questions about things that this dealer had told me- so i went to him to sorta get the real deal.... anyway- the biggest thing that makes me the most upset in this, is that i might not have a car to drive when i get there- if it takes 4 weeks to build it and ship it, then its cutting it close.... thanks again!!
Old 7/31/06, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

well... maybe i just wasn't ever meant to have this car.... i talked to Ed, and he researched around for me to see what dealer had the car i want... theres only 2 in the entire country and they're both at Apple Ford in Maryland.... even then one of them isn't quite what i want,and the other hasn't shown up on their online inventory thing... maybe i'll just cut out a picture of a mustang and blow it up lifesize and tape it to the side of my P.O.S. i have now... thats about as close as a mustang ill be driving...
Old 7/31/06, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

well... maybe i just wasn't ever meant to have this car.... i talked to Ed, and he researched around for me to see what dealer had the car i want... theres only 2 in the entire country and they're both at Apple Ford in Maryland.... even then one of them isn't quite what i want,and the other hasn't shown up on their online inventory thing...
Apple Ford is real good to work with. They have an excellent commitment to X plan people. I would encourage you to visit their web site and to give them a call. I bought my '95 GT vert through them on X plan..
Old 7/31/06, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well... maybe i just wasn't ever meant to have this car.... i talked to Ed, and he researched around for me to see what dealer had the car i want... theres only 2 in the entire country and they're both at Apple Ford in Maryland.... even then one of them isn't quite what i want,and the other hasn't shown up on their online inventory thing... maybe i'll just cut out a picture of a mustang and blow it up lifesize and tape it to the side of my P.O.S. i have now... thats about as close as a mustang ill be driving...
I saw both of them at Apple ford friday. They are the reason I switched from tungsten to alloy. I think only one of them had the GT appearance package. I think both had parchment interiors.
Old 8/25/06, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

ok guys, i know its been like forever since i posted last, but with no internet at the house and trying to outprocess- has made it a little tough- well, i am so exhausted with this whole mustang thing- lol first- as you all know- the dealer ordered it all wrong, then he put in the second order, and as of today- it still has no build date..... so what he has done, was look at other dealerships and try and find one for me- and he did- it has everything i want plus the sirius satellite radio and wheel locks.... except its an automatic... i dont really care about that- as long as i have the comfort group! lol at least all the other options i want were there. So now its down to a week before i'm going to be in rapid city and buying the car.... talk about down to the wire... ONE week! he says he's going to have it put on a trailer and drive it out to south dakota-(the car is in michigan)-he said he should have it shipped out on monday.... i really hope this works out- because if it doesn't- i wont have a car to drive! i just wanted to let everyone know about my chaotic past few weeks... cuz i know you all were just DYING to know... (heavy on the sarcasm lol)
Old 8/25/06, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Don't put up with this horrible level of service. Simply call another dealer (pick a large one) and tell him what you want. He may have it in iinventory or he can do a dealer search and probably find one exactly like what you were ordering - already in dealer stock. Then he can do a dealer trade and - you have your car....if he can't locate it - at least you will have a dealer you can trust to order your car for you. I was looking for the GT/CS last week and stopped by Galpin Ford in SoCAL they sell more Fords than any other dealer in the US (no affiliation whatsoever) and they had at least 100+ Mustangs of all kinds on their lots....many '07 Preimum GT's etc. Exhaust your options before you put up with that dealer's poor service - that's terrible!!

Quick Reply: Got some bad news yesterday...