2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got Pulled Over This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, yes, the "Do-gooders". That priveledged class of citizen that knows better than you and isn't afraid to tell you so.

I pulled into the bank earlier to get some cash to take the wife to dinner. She says, "No need for money. I'll buy." Coolness! So I drive on through the lot and wait at the street. Well, a bank customer in his truck comes and pulls right up to the bumper and starts honking at me and yelling about using parking lots as streets!

There are many little people out there with far too much time and energy on their hands. I am thankful that I have better things to do than get upset at nothing...
Old 5/2/05, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yall are talkin about cars being loud and sounding fast; well thats true. My brother has a slightly modded Focus that sounds pretty darn good for a 4-banger and it drives into the school parkin lot in 1st gear and the principal watchin over the lot says he needs to slow down. I think he told my brother he was diong about 40-45 and he just laughed since that's impossible in 1st gear.

Like yall say people are hypocrites these days. Thank god I aint like that.
Old 5/3/05, 05:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
She's a slag who hasn't gotten any in a long long time.
Old 5/3/05, 06:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would have hung around until she was well out of sight. People like that soccer mom are the ones who tend to "accidently"open their door and whack your car... especially if they don't like you.
Old 5/3/05, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll be the first to say .... You are one of those $%&#ing idiots that **** me off. Just like the tools that blow around me in my neighborhood because I am driving the speed limit. Go drive like an donkey doughnut somewhere else. If you do it while me and my kids are around, I won't hesitate to tell you what an donkey doughnut you are.

AND YES, I had a very bad experience in a VERY similar situation you describe. Some dumb donkey doughnut like you, too impatient to wait their turn, had to pass a slower car in my neighborhood. Guess what, he was so busy looking over his shoulder and couldn't wait to get by the slower vehicle that he never even noticed my daughter on her bicylce. Luckily the smarter of the 2 (my daughter) was paying attention. she jumped the curb to get out of this donkey doughnuts way. That donkey doughnut is lucky I was not out there to witness this. And yes, I did call the cops. I had them sit in my driveway for a couple of weeks to slow these dippoos down.

Say all you want ... what you did is just plain stupid. Think about it. There is nowhere you need to go that fast. NOTHING you can say will make me think any differently about this type of situation. It kills me that you say you have kids, yet you are still stupid enough to do it WITH kids around.

You come off trying to sound all cool and stuff. You are a fool. If my point of view makes me one of those "uncool" people then so be it. That woman did the right thing and I applaud her.
Old 5/3/05, 06:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

You have no business driving a Cobra and trying to call somebody else on speeding.
Old 5/3/05, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Are people really that dumb that they associate sound with speed?

I would got out of the car and told her, "You can report this! *Insert middle finger*"
Old 5/3/05, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Ballz@May 3, 2005, 7:33 AM
You have no business driving a Cobra and trying to call somebody else on speeding.

HAHA. I was thinking the same thing, reading his post and looking what he drives. Must say I was confused.
Old 5/3/05, 07:45 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of the funniest posts yet.
Old 5/3/05, 07:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 2, 2005, 11:37 AM
I think part of the problem is the sound of our GT's. I have lived in my neighborhood for 3 years and prior to my current GT I had a 2000 V6 with no mods. The speed limit is 25 and on a average I am doing 20 and very rarely do I touch 25. Well about a month ago I am leaving the house to get some smokes and a mother 3 houses below mine runs to the street with a mean look and is shaking her head. I really had no idea what the heck was wrong with her. As I return after 15-20 minutes going up the road toward my house ooops....there she is again this time mean look, shaking her head and screaming slow down. I look down to my speedometer and I going 20. I am thinking my goodness does she want me to park this thing at the beginning of the road and walk home? By the way I have a 13 year old daughter and my wifes brother was killed at the at the age of 9 when he was outside playing and struck by a car. I think I have a little sense not to speed.

Don't have a GT (yet), but I get similar looks in my RX7 when driving through the neighborhood in 1st at 15-20mph, and my car doesn't even make a lot of noise. NExt time I get a look or yell i'm going to shout back my exact speed to them, and ask them if I should get out and push the car.
Old 5/3/05, 07:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by snkbtn99@May 3, 2005, 6:24 AM
I'll be the first to say .... You are one of those $%&#ing idiots that **** me off. Just like the tools that blow around me in my neighborhood because I am driving the speed limit. Go drive like an donkey doughnut somewhere else. If you do it while me and my kids are around, I won't hesitate to tell you what an donkey doughnut you are.

AND YES, I had a very bad experience in a VERY similar situation you describe. Some dumb donkey doughnut like you, too impatient to wait their turn, had to pass a slower car in my neighborhood. Guess what, he was so busy looking over his shoulder and couldn't wait to get by the slower vehicle that he never even noticed my daughter on her bicylce. Luckily the smarter of the 2 (my daughter) was paying attention. she jumped the curb to get out of this donkey doughnuts way. That donkey doughnut is lucky I was not out there to witness this. And yes, I did call the cops. I had them sit in my driveway for a couple of weeks to slow these dippoos down.

Say all you want ... what you did is just plain stupid. Think about it. There is nowhere you need to go that fast. NOTHING you can say will make me think any differently about this type of situation. It kills me that you say you have kids, yet you are still stupid enough to do it WITH kids around.

You come off trying to sound all cool and stuff. You are a fool. If my point of view makes me one of those "uncool" people then so be it. That woman did the right thing and I applaud her.

Get a grip. This has NOTHING to do with being cool. If you had actually READ my post, you would see that this is an INDUSTRIAL/COMMERCIAL complex that just happens to have a day care center in it. As stated in the original post, they don't allow this kids out EXCEPT within the confines of the fenced area DURING THE DAY, not in the early morning hours.

Save all your pent up frustration for murders, people who routinly drive under the influence of alcohol and the host of other knuckleheads out there.

:angry:
Old 5/3/05, 07:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Gotta say once that I was talking to my buddy one night (A cop) and he said someone reported my car for "racing" on a local street. I asked where and he said the bridge so I laughed. I was in my 97 stang with straight pipes. Speed limit is 40kph (mot mph). I was in second gear doing 30kph and going slow because it was very busy. As soon as I rounded the corner I got up to the speed limit and shifted into 3rd. Sure some people looked because the car was loud but that just goes to show you that what some people call speeding, others call normal driving. Just because the car was loud does not mean I was speeding. Especially racing.
Old 5/3/05, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by snkbtn99@May 3, 2005, 5:24 AM
ASSuming all over the place
You know what they say about ASSuming don't you? All you can do is take this little ditty at face value. You jumped to a lot of conclusions there, and attacked this guy.

You sir, are the kind of guy I @#$^ing despise. I too was nearly run over by a guy passing a schoolbus when I was your daughters age. I got over it, try it, you might like it.

Peace, Dig.
Old 5/3/05, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Mod Squad+May 3, 2005, 7:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mod Squad @ May 3, 2005, 7:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-snkbtn99@May 3, 2005, 5:24 AM
You know what they about ASSuming don't you? All you can do is take this little ditty at face value. You jumped to a lot of conclusions there, and attacked this guy.

You sir, are the kind of guy I @#$^ing despise. I too was nearly run over by a guy passing a schoolbus when I was your daughters age. I got over it, try it, you might like it.

Peace, Dig.
[/b][/quote]

My God...you people are nuts. Could you exaggerate any more? He said there were no kids, there was no bus, there was no line of nuns crossing the street, nor was there a group of cute little puppies or kittens in the way. NO HARM DONE!! Stop indicting him for something he did not do!
Old 5/3/05, 07:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Ya, the sound of our cars is a problem for most people. I turned onto a street a few weeks ago and at the other end I saw some people talking on the side of the road. 1 guy actually walked to the middle of the street. When I got up there he slowly walked off the street giving me the evil eye, so, I stopped. I rolled down my window and asked "Is there a problem with my car". He said "No, there is a problem with the way you are driving it. What the &^*@ were you thinking speeding on this street?". I informed him that the posted speed limit was 50 and I was doing 40. If he has a problem with that to call the local hall and have them change the speed limit on the street. I then gave him the phone number of the local police department and said "If you want to give them a call I will be glad to wait here until they arrive". He called me an hineyhole so I just said "Have a nice day" and drove away.
Old 5/3/05, 08:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

When I had my 97GT with the X-pipe and Flowmasters I ran into the same situation with my apartment complex. People would say I was speeding, not a chance, alot of kids in the apartment complex. It was all sound and the manager knew that, she had a 96GT and now has a 05V6.
Old 5/3/05, 08:30 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+May 3, 2005, 7:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ May 3, 2005, 7:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by The Mod Squad@May 3, 2005, 7:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-snkbtn99
@May 3, 2005, 5:24 AM

You know what they about ASSuming don't you? All you can do is take this little ditty at face value. You jumped to a lot of conclusions there, and attacked this guy.

Peace, Dig.
My God...you people are nuts. Could you exaggerate any more? He said there were no kids, there was no bus, there was no line of nuns crossing the street, nor was there a group of cute little puppies or kittens in the way. NO HARM DONE!! Stop indicting him for something he did not do!
[/b][/quote]

I think that was his point as well.
Old 5/3/05, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SixtySix+May 3, 2005, 8:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SixtySix @ May 3, 2005, 8:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@May 3, 2005, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by The Mod Squad@May 3, 2005, 7:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-snkbtn99
@May 3, 2005, 5:24 AM

Peace, Dig.

I think that was his point as well.
[/b][/quote]

Oh..oops. My bad! Perhaps I should learn to read.
Old 5/3/05, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@May 2, 2005, 9:15 AM
Yes, you read that right. I work in a business complex where there happens to be a day care center. Now, some day care centers allow the kids out, take them for walks etc. This center however does NOT do that, the kids are never allowed outside of the fenced area.

I say soccer mom, but really, she had a little kid in a car seat in the car and was taking the kid to the daycare center. Well, after I was behind her for a bit (as she crawled down the road at a snails pace) I went around her and proceed to let the car stretch it's legs a little. Well, when I parked the car and got out, WHO IS THERE in her Mercedes?? That's right, soccer mom.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING SPEEDING AROUND HERE LIKE THAT!!??" "THERE ARE KIDS AROUND HERE!" "If I see you speeding like that again, I will report you".

I couldn't believe this. I have 2 kids of my own, and believe me, if I felt for a second that there was ANY chance at all of endangering a child, I would not get on the car at all. We had some words, I told her to feel free to report anything she feels necessary and walked away from her.

:bang:

You should have told her to keep her c*m dumpster shut before you come over there and f%&* start her head...

I'm sure her kids are going to turn out lovely...
Old 5/3/05, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by snkbtn99@May 3, 2005, 6:24 AM

Streets are for cars not kids idiot. You're the type of worthless moron that uses city resources to watch you're friggin' street. This isn't Mayberry buddy.

Yeah, I got caught riding my bike around in the street when I was a kid, my dad caught me and beat my ****. I still remember it to this day, so you can see that it obviously worked.

Try disceplining your kids sometime....pansey.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over This Morning