Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 2006 GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/05, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just got around to getting the pics that I took of my torch red baby,

Also talked to a dealer here in Minneapolis, im going to be getting a K&N CAI, and a predator tuner with custom tune that will still include the 3/36000 installed for 1300.00 . Pretty good if you ask me. The guy I talked to said I should expect 330 dyno'ed at the wheels after those two have been done.
More if I put on the Flowmaster American Thunders.

Anyway now for pics!

Naners please

[attachmentid=33076]

Oh well, not enough room for all the pics. visit my gallery for all of my pics taken so far!
Old 9/7/05, 07:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats .looks awesome.I'm picking mine up fri. Heres your nanners
Old 9/7/05, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Very Nice....Congratulations and Enjoy the ride!
Old 9/7/05, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congratulations!

Love the color choice

Now you can shorten your signature
Old 9/7/05, 07:48 PM
GT Member

:banana2:

Congrats!!
Old 9/7/05, 07:49 PM
GT Member

No doubt about it, Torch Red is an awesome color!

__ __
Old 9/7/05, 07:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

congrats on the new ride... and of you chose a great color!

1300 seems a bit expensive for the K&N/Predator combo, even with the custom tune.
Old 9/7/05, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dcranford@September 7, 2005, 8:31 PM
Well I just got around to getting the pics that I took of my torch red baby,

Also talked to a dealer here in Minneapolis, im going to be getting a K&N CAI, and a predator tuner with custom tune that will still include the 3/36000 installed for 1300.00 . Pretty good if you ask me. The guy I talked to said I should expect 330 dyno'ed at the wheels after those two have been done.
More if I put on the Flowmaster American Thunders.

Anyway now for pics!

Naners please

[attachmentid=33076]

Oh well, not enough room for all the pics. visit my gallery for all of my pics taken so far!
A very bad hiney ride.
Old 9/7/05, 08:04 PM
GT Member

NICE !!!!
Old 9/7/05, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

The dealer's ripping you off. A tuner and tune should cost maybe $450, the CAI another $200 or so - not $1,300 together (and also note that this is possibly the most idiot-proof mod you can do - super easy install, totally unnecessary to pay for the labor).

The second strong indication to run away from this guy is the he's feeding you about 330 horses. You cannot achieve that power from a CAI and tune alone. You need pulleys, long-head tubes and an X-pipe, at a minimum, maybe more.

You'll be lucky to get ~280+ rwhp from cai and tune alone. Stock you'll run in the mid- 260's, perhaps a little lower. It'll partly depend on the quality of your tuner (assuming he means a true custom tune, not a pre-developed tune loaded onto the predator for you) and which cai you choose.

As far as the warranty, there have been many discussions on here, but self-installing it generally shouldn't void your warranty as you can convert it back to stock before taking it in (part of the beauty of a handheld tuner). Also, whether or not something voids the warranty is kind of a fluid idea - this guy can only really represent that he will do warranty work for you - take it to another dealer, and they still may refuse.

If I were you, I would buy a JLT CAI ($150 I think) - which IMHO has a better design and therefore performance, than the K&N - and an XCalibrater II with JLT's 93 tune loaded onto it for you ($425), have fun doing it yourself (seriously, half-hour project), and spend the extra $600 on gears or something.

By the way - congratulations!

Old 9/7/05, 08:28 PM
GT Member

Here's one big nanner for ya. Nice ride.
Old 9/7/05, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!! :banana2: :banana2:

Enjoy it before that MN winter arrives.
Old 9/7/05, 08:37 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ILikeBond@September 7, 2005, 8:12 PM
The dealer's ripping you off. A tuner and tune should cost maybe $450, the CAI another $200 or so - not $1,300 together (and also note that this is possibly the most idiot-proof mod you can do - super easy install, totally unnecessary to pay for the labor).

The second strong indication to run away from this guy is the he's feeding you about 330 horses. You cannot achieve that power from a CAI and tune alone. You need pulleys, long-head tubes and an X-pipe, at a minimum, maybe more.

You'll be lucky to get ~280+ rwhp from cai and tune alone. Stock you'll run in the mid- 260's, perhaps a little lower. It'll partly depend on the quality of your tuner (assuming he means a true custom tune, not a pre-developed tune loaded onto the predator for you) and which cai you choose.

As far as the warranty, there have been many discussions on here, but self-installing it generally shouldn't void your warranty as you can convert it back to stock before taking it in (part of the beauty of a handheld tuner). Also, whether or not something voids the warranty is kind of a fluid idea - this guy can only really represent that he will do warranty work for you - take it to another dealer, and they still may refuse.

If I were you, I would buy a JLT CAI ($150 I think) - which IMHO has a better design and therefore performance, than the K&N - and an XCalibrater II with JLT's 93 tune loaded onto it for you ($425), have fun doing it yourself (seriously, half-hour project), and spend the extra $600 on gears or something.

By the way - congratulations!

Took the words right out of my mouth...and saved me a lot of typing too
Old 9/7/05, 08:39 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
:banana2: nice car...
Old 9/7/05, 09:35 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Cogratulations!!!

And it more likely 330 fwhp but not at the wheels.
Old 9/7/05, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, Ill get a confirmation, but im sure he said RWHP,

so the extra money isnt worth the knowledge that if something breaks in the drivetrain that im warrantied? I know I can put it in myself cheaper, I just want the knowledge that if something goes wrong, THEY will fix it at no charge within the 3/36000 mark.

Since I would be getting in in writing they shouldnt be able to move from that, but if you guys think it should be covered anyway let me know...I thought they could tell if your ECM had been flashed or re-flashed.

Thanks for the nanners!!
Old 9/7/05, 09:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

General consensus around here is nothing can flat out void your warranty. Depending on how strict the dealer you take your car to is, they can say your mod, whatever it may be, caused the problem and refuse to do the work under warranty.

There are a good number of dealers out there who have no problem performing warranty work on a modified car, even if the modification caused the problem.
Old 9/7/05, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dcranford@September 7, 2005, 9:44 PM
Well, Ill get a confirmation, but im sure he said RWHP,

so the extra money isnt worth the knowledge that if something breaks in the drivetrain that im warrantied? I know I can put it in myself cheaper, I just want the knowledge that if something goes wrong, THEY will fix it at no charge within the 3/36000 mark.

Since I would be getting in in writing they shouldnt be able to move from that, but if you guys think it should be covered anyway let me know...I thought they could tell if your ECM had been flashed or re-flashed.

Thanks for the nanners!!

Take it easy on him, guys. He could do it all for ~6-700 alone, maybe some more if he didn't do it himself. But look, the dealer is COVERING it all. Even though im 100% your not gonna get 330RWhp, you will get a decent increase, just check out what others have had with their CAI/Tunes.

I think that if your willing to pay a little more for added coverage, then go for it. Your NOT really being ripped off as they said.

(Don't you guys remember the person who got headers installed for over $1000?! THATS being ripped off, not really this.)

Okay, My flame suit is on :hiding:
Old 9/7/05, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Best of luck with your new ride. took my daughter to U of M last weekend. The traffic there is way too crazy for this cheesehead. :shock: