2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the call today !

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/05, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=12635]"Roxanne" has arrived. I learned today from the N.O. rail yard that the car arrived there over the weekend and would be delivered to the dealer today. Two hours later, my salesman called to tell me the car was in.

I drove straight there after work, and took a couple of pictures. She is really dirty (my wife told the salesmen that the car will never be that dirty again) from the train ride.

They will PDI and clean her tomorrow. I have my son's last basketball game of his high school career tomorrow night, so I will pick up the car Wednesday morning.

I was told that the car made it to the Memphis mixing yard, then was returned to the plant to be checked for some kind of electronic problem. Then it was shipped out by rail again. That explains the funky transportation schedule info I have been given over the past 3 weeks.

Here's a photo...
Old 2/21/05, 07:00 PM

[attachmentid=12636]...and another photo....
Old 2/21/05, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by maucoin65@February 21, 2005, 8:03 PM
Beautiful! Bet she cleans up real nice!
Old 2/21/05, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

congrats bullitts + spoiler delete =
Old 2/21/05, 07:18 PM

Thanks, groupset.

Thanks John; I trust that your emoticon is good???
Old 2/21/05, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by maucoin65@February 21, 2005, 8:21 PM
Thanks, groupset.

Thanks John; I trust that your emoticon is good???
O Yea! (see sig.) Spoiler delete is the way to go...ready for a potential ducktail.
Old 2/21/05, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by groupset+February 21, 2005, 9:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(groupset @ February 21, 2005, 9:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-maucoin65@February 21, 2005, 8:03 PM
Beautiful! Bet she cleans up real nice!
[/b][/quote]
When did you order it?
Old 2/21/05, 07:30 PM

John: My bad; I should have seen your sig. Duhhh.....guess I'm a little in shock that it's finally here.

Ben: I ordered it 11/23/04. See my sig for the complete history / timeline.
Old 2/21/05, 07:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congratulations!!! You got my mouth watering here. Love the WB with bullits Are you going to sleep from now until Wednesday?
Old 2/21/05, 07:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Mike! I'm glad it finally showed up and you got an explaination on why it took so long to get there.
Old 2/21/05, 08:02 PM
Cobra Member

Awesome looking ride! Enjoy it! Great combo. Love the bullitts and spoiler delete. On the fence about color now. Leaning towards Legend Lime myself, after having obsessed over nearly every other color... So don't get me thinking about Windveil Blue! I saw one at a dealer here in Richmond I started to fall in love with! Congratulations.
Old 2/21/05, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations Mike, on your Mustang's arrival. LOOKING GOOD! and will feel a lot better once you get her home, for sure. The long wait is over. Enjoy the experience as we do every day.
Jack
Old 2/21/05, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

congrats! Every time I see the WB in person, I like it even more (LL as well). You're gonna love it!
Old 2/21/05, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

She's gonna look great! Congrats on the car and your son's game. This late, must be playoffs, exciting stuff!

Since your car spent extra time on the train, watch for rail dust. You probably know that already but check out the finish closely. If that crap is on the paint you will feel it, not smooth to the touch. If it feels like that, make them clay bar it. Had that problem with my last new car. Congratulations!
Old 2/21/05, 08:49 PM

My windveil gt blue stang arrived today also. It arrived at the dealership at 5 pm and I was there waiting for the first drive. It was better than I ever imagined. I'll pick her up and bring her home tomorrow morning.
Old 2/21/05, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats!!!

A couple of things though.... Did your car come from the factory with pony center caps?... cause It sure looks like there on there now.
And those look like rolled tips... again not on mine from the factory.
Old 2/21/05, 09:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congratulations on the new arrival. She definitely going to turns a few heads. I'm sure that she'll serve you well for many years to come.

Are those really rolled tips from the factory? :shock:
Old 2/21/05, 09:37 PM

Wow, thanks everyone, for the outpouring of support & encouragement. I really appreciate that, and the dancing bananas !!

It won't be easy sleeping tonight and tomorrow, but I'll get through it, as those who have gotten the call have.

Thanks, Drew, for the advice about the rail dust. She was pretty dusty this evening, but we're heavy into pollen season down here so I'm not sure how much was local pollen and how much was from riding the rails down the mid-section of the country. I'll be sure to check that closely once they get her cleaned up.

And yes, Drew, it's basketball playoff time. If they win, they play again on Friday night. So tomorrow may not be the last game of his career after all, but it is important enough to me to postpone taking delivery on the car. It is one of his last games, and I need to be there more than I need to be at the dealer. Not really a tough decision.

Thanks, Jack, for your encouragement. I've particularly enjoyed your posts over the months, partly b/c your car is similar to mine, and partly b/c you post some good stuff and sound like a really great guy. As are most folks on this forum.

Lori, you're gonna beat me by a day on the delivery, but I know we'll both have the same ear to ear grin on our faces, from Wednesday on.

Actually, the weather forecast for Wednesday here calls for heavy thunderstorms, with possible hail and damaging wind. Maybe I should wait until Thursday to pick her up??

TN615---good eye, you caught the mods I have already done to the car, b/4 delivery. I ordered the pony center caps, and the chrome plated stainless steel exhaust tips, from the 2005 Mustang accessory brochure. Salesman had them installed for me today. Tomorrow, they install the Electrochrome mirror with compass and outside thermometer. Then she'll be ready to roll.

Again, many thanks to so many people on this website, from Brad on down. I have learned so much from everyone, that I was educating my salesman, and was always several steps ahead of him. Everyone helps each other through the wait, and problems that crop up; this is one of the neatest websites I've ever seen.

Thanks to all. I'll post more pics after I take delivery, of Roxanne and Rachel, the Prairie Bronze 1965 fastback in my avatar. The name Rachel comes from an old family joke; a buddy of mine suggested Roxanne because, in addition to going well with Rachel (the "R" thing), he dated a girl named Roxanne years ago and she was "...one sweet girl..."

Works for me.

Sorry if anyone was offended by the original quote; no offense intended. m.
Old 2/21/05, 09:39 PM

Originally posted by SoFL05GT@February 21, 2005, 10:22 PM
Congratulations on the new arrival. She definitely going to turns a few heads. I'm sure that she'll serve you well for many years to come.

Are those really rolled tips from the factory? :shock:
No, I ordered the exhaust tips from the Mustang accessory brochure, and the salesman had them installed for me this afternoon, along with removal of the blue Ford oval center caps and installation of the pony center caps (I provided).

Electrochrome mirror with compass and thermometer gets installed tomorrow afternoon, then clean up and delivery on Wednesday (severe weather permitting--forecast is not good for Wednesday).
Old 2/21/05, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Way to go Mike, glad it finally got there. Beautiful car, and enjoy that basketball game.

Quick Reply: Got the call today !