2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got a Bullitt!

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/11, 11:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a Bullitt!

Hey Folks,

So I came home today with a 2008 Black Bullitt with just under 38,000 miles. My last Mustang was a 2005 V6 that I had to sell because of financial reasons but I was finally able to come back to the Mustang family.

It's pretty awesome. The guy before put in a BBK Throttle Body, a Steeda CAI, slotted rotors and performance pads, and he did a cat-back change. I got the car from a dealership so I have yet to find out what all the parts are and what exactly was changed but the car sounds pretty bad ***.

I have a few questions. I went on to the My Ford website and got the user's manual but I couldn't find everything. The car has a navigation system, does the navigation CD have to be in in order for the nav system to work? I read about TripTunes for phone feature and also the BrandMotion Interface for the iPod and iPhone; are these system fairly easy to install? Is there something newer and better? I'm also out of the loop on tuners. Last I read Bama Tuning went down hill when they got bought out, who else is out there? I had Brenspeed last time.

I'll try to get pics up as soon as I can. It's a pretty sweet car.

Last edited by sdsguy; 12/28/11 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12/29/11, 05:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Congrats on the Bullitt , great way to get back into a mustang ...
Old 12/29/11, 05:46 AM
GT Member

Congrats! My dad has one of those and absolutely loves it!!

http://www.nickray.net/images/P8252654.JPG

His is all stock. No navi.
Old 12/29/11, 05:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
congrats I love those bullitts
Old 12/29/11, 08:28 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats
Old 12/29/11, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Gotta LOVE a black Bullitt!!! Congrats!!
Old 12/29/11, 01:07 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats! Post some pics/vids.

I believe the Nav DVD has to be inserted to use it. But it should have it's own slot behind the screen, if I remember correctly.

As far as tuners go, I think American Muscle still does free tunes for life if you buy the tuner from them. There's also Steeda, Brenspeed, VMP, Evolution, etc.
Old 12/29/11, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats! Love the bullits, especially the dashboard
Old 12/29/11, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Congratz on your new Bullitt!
Old 12/29/11, 03:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 12/29/11, 05:46 PM
GT Member

Congrats!
Old 12/30/11, 12:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats can't wait to see pics
Old 12/30/11, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sdsguy
Hey Folks,

So I came home today with a 2008 Black Bullitt with just under 38,000 miles. My last Mustang was a 2005 V6 that I had to sell because of financial reasons but I was finally able to come back to the Mustang family.

It's pretty awesome. The guy before put in a BBK Throttle Body, a Steeda CAI, slotted rotors and performance pads, and he did a cat-back change. I got the car from a dealership so I have yet to find out what all the parts are and what exactly was changed but the car sounds pretty bad ***.

I have a few questions. I went on to the My Ford website and got the user's manual but I couldn't find everything. The car has a navigation system, does the navigation CD have to be in in order for the nav system to work? I read about TripTunes for phone feature and also the BrandMotion Interface for the iPod and iPhone; are these system fairly easy to install? Is there something newer and better? I'm also out of the loop on tuners. Last I read Bama Tuning went down hill when they got bought out, who else is out there? I had Brenspeed last time.

I'll try to get pics up as soon as I can. It's a pretty sweet car.
First, congrats on the new Bullitt! I'm sure it's a really fun car, especially coming from the V6 - you'll have a blast.

Hit me up and let me know if there's anything Bama Performance can do for you. We've improved quite a bit since the original Bama Custom Tuning days. We're SCT's number one dealer in the world and have tuned more 05+ 3V GT's than anyone else, period. That being said, we still like to get to you know you and your Mustang by name, and we will be as powerful and safe, if not more, than any competing tune you can find. That, plus we're going to give you Free Tunes for Life - as long as you own your new Mustang!

We own over 10+ Mustangs that we use to develop and refine our tunes all the time. We've got 6 full time tuners that all are SCT Advanced Custom Tuning certified, Dynojet Certified, Greg Banish "Calibrated Success" Certified, and a few of them were even SVT Certified Ford Technicians. These guys are available to you Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST directly, without having to talk to a middle man (at the Bama Direct number in my signature below).

I don't know where you heard that Bama has gone downhill, and it doesn't matter. Give us a try and I think you'll be thrilled with the results. We've got the experience tuning your car (not just hacking the PCM for power, but actually fine tuning your car using crucial factory functions) that you need.

Give me a shout if you have any questions or just want some tech advice. With or without doing business with us, we're here on the forums to help. If you just want to talk tuning, hit me up. If you do choose to do business with us, we'll be here before and way after the sale!

Good luck!
Old 12/30/11, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Im envious. A guy in my compex has one and I love the cean\subtle appearence changes.Not to mention the slighht performance upgrades. Probably going to be looking at bullit parts for mine in the near future
Old 12/30/11, 12:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sdsguy
...The car has a navigation system, does the navigation CD have to be in in order for the nav system to work?..
Yep; it won't navigate without one. You didn't hear it from me, but the later 9P NAV disk can be downloaded off the 'net, if you know where to look... (sshh!).

Congratulations on the Bullitt! Mine is a green '08 - still lovin' it!

Old 12/30/11, 03:52 PM
GT Member

Well, I got an update...
Yesterday I was driving the car to the gas station to fill her up and on the way home it had a weird idle. It wasn't rough, it did a little sputtering but it was constant. At the street of my house the check engine light was flashing then stopped. It's currently at the dealership I bought the car from, they have a sister Ford dealership that they're taking it to and going to see what's up. My guess is the BBK throttle body and Steeda CAI are causing an issue since the car probably isn't tuned for it. I'm going to wait and hear what they say though. Hoping it's just a tune issue, I've been in contact with Chris from AM and may end up getting the tune. I'm hoping to get the car back before the weekend is done. I live in San Diego, so it's currently crystal blue skies and in the mid 60's so it'd be an awesome photo day and do a video with my phone so you can hear how it sounds

@oldlugs, I love the backdrop of your car. Looks amazing and thanks for the info! Getting it as we speak.

Turns out the error code was p0306, cylinder 6 was misfiring. When they checked it out, whoever did the pressure wash on the engine bay to clean up got some water on the spark plug that caused a ground issue. They dried it up and it's fine now. I'm happy I get to have my Bullitt for the weekend. Now I just need to fine my **** X Cal so I can get a tune and figure out a name for her...

Last edited by sdsguy; 12/30/11 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12/30/11, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
man I hope your I bet your car has a tune in it.... But I hope not
Old 12/30/11, 08:55 PM
GT Member

Here are some pics off my phone
Attached Images    
Old 12/30/11, 10:14 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Glad it was something simple. Pics are lookin' good!
Old 2/6/12, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Got my windows tinted today. I went 15% all around. Did the tints and iPhone integration at Best Buy.

First picture on left is a before shot at Best Buy. The other is an after right by my house. Sorry these are crappy, it's on my iPhone. I'm planning to get my car all clean when it's going to be nice for more than just a few days and take some more shots with my SLR
Attached Images   

Last edited by sdsguy; 2/6/12 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Got a Bullitt!