Good things, Bad things

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/05, 08:37 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AFChief@October 28, 2005, 9:52 PM
Here are a couple. I really like the interior. Love the black door inserts:

Here is the Harmon Show lens on my fogs:

You can see my scratch on the bumper, drivers side of center. They gave me an estimate of $433 to fix it

Here are my MGW A/C *****:

Can't really tell from pic but it looks like touch up may work??
Old 10/28/05, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh very nice Andy. That was you I saw driving on base the other day. Very nice! Those A/C ***** look sweet too. I'm still driving around with my paper floor mat too. I can't seem to part with that thing.

Hopefully some touch up will get that scratch fixed...otherwise, I guess that's why you make the big bucks as a Chief. wink wink
Old 10/29/05, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

The picture really doesn't show it good (photobucket rezized it). I think it's too big for touch up, but I might try it. The estimate is for a total repaint of the bumper, so I can't hurt it worse....

I have the paper mats out now. Thought about leaving them in, but the boot tore them up. I took that shot real fast the day I got her to post for the Redline guys in the appearance forum. I think I'm going to get a lt gray armrest cover from them. Debating on the two-color shift boot. I really like the balance of black and gray.

Lemme try a close up of my scratch....
Old 10/29/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If the are no dents or dings, I would try the touch up paint. I would use the kind from the dealer that is basically a tube with a brush in it. Remember to let the paint get to room temp before using it and don't rush your work. Put a few thin coats of the paint on the scratch allowing time for it to dry between coats. Only put the paint in the scratch and don't overlap it on the good paint. If you use the touch up paint like this you would be surprised how well it can look. Don't get alot of thick paint on the brush. Sometimes it also helps to use a model paint brush if the brush that comes with the paint is to large. Like you said, you can always take it to a repair shop if you are unhappy with your touch up. But you might surprise yourself and save some money. Good luck!
Old 10/29/05, 07:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Stoenr@October 27, 2005, 1:50 PM
PArk Zone auto parking aid
Ive seen these, but not sure how well they work
I have one of these, They Work Great. Make sure the sensor is aiming at the bumper not the grill, :bang:
Something about the mustang grill this unit does not like, My Wifes 04 300M works as well. Worth the 30 bucks