Old 8/12/05, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting read . . . .

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupe...er_mustang_gto/
Old 8/12/05, 05:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This article states loud and clearly what we already know. The best all around American perf car right now, all things considered is no other than our hero.

The Mustang.

I like the way Ford has started out. They've put out the GT with 300HP waiting to see what the competition will do. Then, just when things heat up, we're going to squish em with SEs etc.

Should be a fun 2 years coming up.
Old 8/12/05, 06:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
My favorite part, and totally true.

"A car with real American muscle is meant to be affordable, fast, and more than a little bit raw, and the Mustang meets the criteria better than any other car in this group"

Just need to add, in The hottest looking car in America!
Old 8/13/05, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I liked these comments regarding the styling of the so-called competition . . .

GTO . . . . "there's no way to sidestep the fundamental lozengelike look of this car, as it carries a sleep-inducing, Opel Omega-like shape"

Charger . . . . "There's an awful lot going on . . . a truck-style grille, frenched headlights, a retro kick-up in the rear door . . . . a Kamm-style aero tail . . . . stitched together with lots of enthusiasm, but there's not much beauty to behold.
Old 8/13/05, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Accurate and fair assesment of the cars. Probably the best assesment of the cars I have read.

It does bring up and interesting idea however, the first shop who creates a new skin for the GTO might just make a lot of money. All the GTO needs to be a very hot car appeares to be a new skin and better shifter. The power plant and suspension seems to be quite nice...

The Charger, is the ONLY 4 door sedan that I would consider owning. If you need room for the family, it would be a great choice. I almost bought one as my company car as rhe ruels say it has to be a domestic 4 door with a big trunk ( carrying demo equipment). I almost pulled the trigger, but since I just bought the Mustang and built a new 26'x30' garage ( wife says toy box ) to hold my boats and the truck. I decided to get somthing a lot less expensive ( Mercury Mariner ). The curent pricing on the Mariner was too much to pass up ( $21K Loaded with leather out the door, tax tag and title ). The Chrysler dealers simply would not make a good deal on the Charger, Mangum or 300c....
Old 8/13/05, 12:59 PM

Of the bunch, Mustang is the only true American muscle car. The other two are warmed over German and Australian sedans!

When you factor in styling, 40 years of heritage, value for the money, and power-to-weight ratio, it's no contest. Mustang is clearly the winner as evident by the sales results!