2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get off work and what do I find

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/05, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No note of course.. I wish people could own up to there mistakes :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 5/17/05, 09:45 PM
V6 Member

:flame2:

And that's all I have to say about that.
AJC
Mach 1 Member

crapola that really really stinks.. pisses me off just seeing it...

These cars must have a hit me sticker somewhere... :bang:
FR500 Member

thats low....really low. i hope something like that happens to them
Old 5/17/05, 09:59 PM
GT Member

I dont think the bumper will need to be replaced..but even if it does..do you think the body shop can match the paint of the stripes so I can just have them painted on the bumper cover..It's going to cost me both ways to have the stripes replaced
Old 5/17/05, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I just had this happen to me....$500 later my bumper is back to normal. Dont call the insurance company though...just pay out of pocket and keep this in the back of your head....

karma's a biyotch
Old 5/17/05, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude, that stinks!!! Somebody deserves a beat down!!!
Old 5/17/05, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

can i execute the beatdown?
Old 5/17/05, 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man that really stinks! :notnice:
Old 5/17/05, 11:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Well yes it does happen I had it in the first week of having my car , Bloody Wal-Mart and other stores oughta put breaks on shopping carts ! I was in my car with my son beside me a beautiful lady was hanging in the passenger window and we were chatting ( yah Right ) and wham ! this lady across the way just lifted a case of water to put in her Porche 911 and her cart took off in stealth mode other wise I would have stopped it , it hurt but she made it all better, and then today my company bought me an 05 truck so I had the car on the side off the road and the nieghbours 3 yr old was learning to ride without trainning wheels smack Nice scratch I was too pissed at time to go look but the dad tells my son its just dirt ? after I cooled down and gained composier I go look and see a 3 inch scratch I then talk to him and give him the GOD FATHER SAYING I made him an offer he did NOT refuse. FEAR OF GOD ! works when they know that you are serious. BTW does your state have underinsured motorist protection ? or hit and run ?
Old 5/18/05, 05:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear that Tracy. It it's just paint damage they should be able to repair it. Had the same thing happen to me. In my case the stupid kid moved down a couple of rows and parked after hitting me! Thanks to some witnesses he is now out $600 to replace the cover and have it painted and installed.

Just a thought, does your parking lot have cameras covering it? Check it out. Good luck with your repairs.
Old 5/18/05, 06:03 AM
GT Member

That is some BUULLL spit! I'm fearing the day that might happen to me. I can't stand how careless and inconsiderate other people can be. Hope it gets taken care of easily.
Old 5/18/05, 06:17 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy cow. That person sure was not paying attention and that happened where you work? Start looking for a red car that is missing paint.
Old 5/18/05, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 18, 2005, 7:20 AM
Holy cow. That person sure was not paying attention and that happened where you work? Start looking for a red car that is missing paint.

That happened to me once. You should be able to etch that paint off with your fingernail. Someone did that same thing to me when it was icy out and got this green paint on my red mustang. I was able to scratch the paint off the bumper with my finger. Give it a try? Unless they scratched your paint off.

Ony mine they just left a paint residue from their car.
Old 5/18/05, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

OUCH that stinks
Old 5/18/05, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Life's a beach. What comes around goes around. The red car will probably be hit in another parking lot by a semi-truck. And no note will be left
Old 5/18/05, 07:42 AM
Cobra Member

I check on my car 4-5 times throughout the day. I need to get out of my office and take a little walk anyway, so I walk out to the parking garage and make sure she is still okay. I also do it so that if someone is parked beside me and left a door ding, I can call the police and have an accident report filled out (assuming there is enough evidence, i.e. lined up with their door, their paint on my car and vice versa). I guess it wouldn't have helped for you though unless you just happened to walk outside at the right time.
Old 5/18/05, 08:19 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the well wishs and advise Guy's
I was off to the dealer today anyway to have the newer parts put on the front end to fix the popping.. So instead of the car being there just a few hours, it will turn into a few days I did file a claim with my insurance..my deductable is only 100 bucks on this and will not afect my rates..Plus its a good way to test out how my new Insurance company handles this.. I had State Farm for over 25 years.. But when I got this car they wanted to more then double my rate for this 2005 GT ... even though their service had been very good to me across the years I thought it best to shop around..I found Wawanesa to have the best rates on these cars..I'm now paying less for this car then I was for my 86 GT for the same amount of coverage I just hope there service is close to as good..Like I said this should be a good test
There is one thing that does make me feel better about this whole thing though.. I know my tail pipe must have carved a big gash into there front bumper ..I found all kinds of paint and plastic piled up on my tail pipe
Old 5/18/05, 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 1NewStang@May 17, 2005, 9:44 PM
No note of course.. I wish people could own up to there mistakes :bang: :bang: :bang:
Performance White with a Blue Stripe ? Nova Scotia ? I'll try to see ( IF ) I can get a INS search to see if any Mustangs have been totalled as yet hope not but sometimes some places will let you buy the cars out right and sell off parts I did this on a few BMW's and actually made a bit ? as for whatever the bumpers are made of they were not metal and that one one reason the paint colors from top car to bumpers were off a bit, fact of life. Its also sad that if and when people now a day do not own up to there misstakes what does that teach our children ! and people wonder whats wrong wit socitey now a day :scratch:
Old 5/18/05, 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 1NewStang@May 18, 2005, 8:22 AM
Thanks for the well wishs and advise Guy's
I was off to the dealer today anyway to have the newer parts put on the front end to fix the popping.. So instead of the car being there just a few hours, it will turn into a few days I did file a claim with my insurance..my deductable is only 100 bucks on this and will not afect my rates..Plus its a good way to test out how my new Insurance company handles this.. I had State Farm for over 25 years.. But when I got this car they wanted to more then double my rate for this 2005 GT ... even though their service had been very good to me across the years I thought it best to shop around..I found Wawanesa to have the best rates on these cars..I'm now paying less for this car then I was for my 86 GT for the same amount of coverage I just hope there service is close to as good..Like I said this should be a good test
There is one thing that does make me feel better about this whole thing though.. I know my tail pipe must have carved a big gash into there front bumper ..I found all kinds of paint and plastic piled up on my tail pipe
Just remember to ask where the car will be and does it have to go off site and record the kilo's or mileage on it just to add a little more paranoya for your day. All the best ! Chin Up

Quick Reply: Get off work and what do I find