2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future Tidewater, VA 05'Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/04, 02:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all you Norfolk, Va Beach, and all other Tidewater area '05 Stang owners....

What dealership did you order from?
Are they keeping you updated or do you call them for updates?
Any VIN's, production dates, or any other information concerning your future 'Stang.

I'm just curious to what is coming down the pipeline from our local dealers.

Here's my info

-Kimnach Ford on 9/23 (Sonic Blue GT 8-10 weeks dlvy).
-No updates from dealer yet....I'm going to pop in and say hello tommorrow.
-No other info yet.

-Ken
Old 10/6/04, 07:55 AM

I have started to send out feelers to all the local dealers to see if anyone will play ball. What did you end up paying? Is your deposit refundable? Will they hold a car for you to test drive at the end of this month? I will post how my dealings go.
Old 10/6/04, 08:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
No dealing here yet, since I am waiting for the vert (and for the inital rush to subside).

Cavalier, which recently took over the Don Comer dealership will get a shot at my business; they'll have the incentive of getting my service dollars too. But I will be faxing fleet managers at multiple dealerships and letting them bid for my business.

Also a possibility of X plan for me That would obviously make things potentially simpler too.
Old 10/6/04, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I went to Freedom, Beach, Cavalier, and Kimnach. All quoted MSRP and didn't deal. I didn't really get a good vibe from Beach Ford. I have dealt with them in the past and didn't care too much for them back then. If you can get on a plan and they will take the plan then go with that. They know the car will sell and MSRP will be their price point until things start to simmer down. I paid a $500 deposit, but had to ask them to write it out as refundable. As far as a test drive....I'm going to ask to drive one as soon as they get one on the lot.
Old 10/6/04, 10:49 AM
V6 Member

Red face

Ken, just wanted to give you a heads up with Beach Ford. I ordered my 05 on 8/21 and was dealing directly with the new car manager(mr. duncan) He told me I was only the second person in the dealership to order so I put down $500 and signed up. I went by the dealership yesterday in person because I could never reach him by phone and asked him for an update. He simply stated that I had been bumped to his second allocation and that I now will not be getting my stang in his first shipment. Needless to say I was a "little" ticked off b/c in my mind if I was the second to order a presold veh that this would take priority over in inventory veh he was allotted. I kept shooting holes in his story and he finally said Ford assigned him 10 vehs back in July and they didn't have the features I had ordered. This whole story just sounded like a bunch of crap but he is honering x-plan so I guess i just have to stink it up and deal with it :bang: For anyone out there that actually knows when Ford told dealerships they could get a certain number of cars , that would be very helpful. I just don't believe that he was allowed to order 10 in July with the features he wanted....
Old 10/6/04, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We're gonna see a lot of this sort of thing early on. With Ford making allocations based on actual production, and dealerships tempted by the extra dollars to made in the early rush, this isn't surprising, if not very satisfactory.

I don't agree with the dealership take on things, but I can see why he doesn't want his first Mustangs to immediately roll on/roll off the lot. Then he sits empty-handed until his next shipment while other dealers are making lotsa extra cash on each one they have.

And at first, that is just what they'll do, unless you can get one that will honor a plan.
Old 10/6/04, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2k5 pony@October 6, 2004, 12:52 PM
Ken, just wanted to give you a heads up with Beach Ford. I ordered my 05 on 8/21 and was dealing directly with the new car manager(mr. duncan) He told me I was only the second person in the dealership to order so I put down $500 and signed up. I went by the dealership yesterday in person because I could never reach him by phone and asked him for an update. He simply stated that I had been bumped to his second allocation and that I now will not be getting my stang in his first shipment. Needless to say I was a "little" ticked off b/c in my mind if I was the second to order a presold veh that this would take priority over in inventory veh he was allotted. I kept shooting holes in his story and he finally said Ford assigned him 10 vehs back in July and they didn't have the features I had ordered. This whole story just sounded like a bunch of crap but he is honering x-plan so I guess i just have to stink it up and deal with it :bang: For anyone out there that actually knows when Ford told dealerships they could get a certain number of cars , that would be very helpful. I just don't believe that he was allowed to order 10 in July with the features he wanted....
Thats one of the reasons why I didn't go with Beach Ford. I get the impression that they were not too interested in selling an '05. They have a few '04's and are pushing them (Hey you could have an 04 in your hands tonight!!). That and past experience with my last Mustang put me in the direction of Kimnach. I'll see how well they are doing tommorrow. I'm going to go in and see if any brochures have come in and ask about my order. The 8-10 weeks they told me works out to about the first week of December. Hopefully Ford wil have things in full swing by then and the dealers will have regular shipments.
Old 10/6/04, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered from Freedom Ford and dealt with their Internet Sales Manager, Mr. Bryan Mertz (bmertz@freedomford.com), exclusively through e-mail because that was most convenient for me since I was ill with pneumonia. He has been very good and prompt in responding to my questions and when I met him in person to actually order, he helped me reconfigure my order from a fully loaded GT Premium to a fully loaded GT Deluxe - which ended up being the same car for $174 less. It was a very pleasant buying experience. But I also had an X-Plan, so that probably helped it too.

If you'd rather deal with someone in person, I recommend Mr. Pat Berry at (757) 583-3673 - he's a Mustang enthusiast and has a 1970 Boss.

The only update I've received is that my order was placed. I haven't asked for a VIN, or any updates since. Frankly, with grad school, I"ve got plenty to keep me busy and don't need any distractions right now...though I check this forum 2 or 3 times a day!
Old 10/6/04, 04:17 PM

I placed an order at Freedom as well but I dealt with Mark Vasiloff. Got a good deal, but I don't have any info outside of that they were placing the order. I hope to hear from him again when the VIN becomes available. He was very responsible through email.
Old 10/6/04, 05:10 PM

I also put my order in at Freedom Ford back in late May. Put a $500 refundable deposit down. My dealings have been with Mark Vasiloff as well. He seems to be pretty good to deal with, but I always have to call him for updates, and he has to go find out the status from the new car order manager, then gets back to me with the info. Went in there yesterday and talked with him to get the price for the car locked in and in writing. Price for the car including taxes, title, tags will be $25,870. That is including Z-plan, which they'll honor. This is for a redfire premium GT, fully loaded! It took a really long time to get my VIN and build date, but I finally got it a couple weeks ago, and it's scheduled to be built 10/18. I'm thinking it should arrive at the dealer by early to mid Nov., if the build date holds up.
Old 10/7/04, 06:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by racerx@October 6, 2004, 1:23 PM
I was ill with pneumonia.
What a trooper!! Sick as a dog, but that does not deter him from ordering his new 05.

I used to live in VB (across the street from Beach Ford). I had a good experience buying my 95 Mustang there. I think it might have had something to do with the seller being my neighbors dad. But on the other hand, a few years earlier, I had a terible experience with the service department.

Since my parents still live there, they searched around looking for a possibly 05 for me. They ran into people who did not care. That ticked my step-dad off real quick. So he started to call around Richmond.
Old 10/7/04, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Kluski+October 7, 2004, 6:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kluski @ October 7, 2004, 6:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-racerx@October 6, 2004, 1:23 PM
I was ill with pneumonia.
What a trooper!! Sick as a dog, but that does not deter him from ordering his new 05.

I used to live in VB (across the street from Beach Ford). I had a good experience buying my 95 Mustang there. I think it might have had something to do with the seller being my neighbors dad. But on the other hand, a few years earlier, I had a terible experience with the service department.

Since my parents still live there, they searched around looking for a possibly 05 for me. They ran into people who did not care. That ticked my step-dad off real quick. So he started to call around Richmond. [/b][/quote]
Ha-ha! Thanks!

The thoughts of one day owning a shiny red 300HP pony is what pulled me through....the best cure ever.
Old 10/7/04, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I went to Kimnach today. Picked up the brochure. Found out my salesman had been promoted to Used Car Sales manager. Went to the desk and asked them to check the status. Took the guy a bit, but he found my info and had them check the status. My car has been accepted and scheduled. It's supposed to be built the week of 10/25 and shipped shortly after that. They say that I should see it sometime in early Novemeber.
Old 10/7/04, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by KenP@October 7, 2004, 1:57 PM
It's supposed to be built the week of 8/25 and shipped shortly after that.
Supposed to be built? They don't know by now whether it has been built or not??
Old 10/7/04, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Ooops.....my fault.....

The build date is the week of 10/25.

I'll edit the post.