2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Funny

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/04, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really boggles my mind how rumors fly around. Tonight I was talking to my step brother, which works for ford (he is just a pipe fitter) anyways his boss told him that they have already began production of the stang and also get this:

That there will be NO orders and that the quota had been filled on these orders. He said if you wanted a 05 you would need to purchase one of the dealer's inventory. He also said that the 04's he already stopped production. But who knows maybe his dealership told him that.

This would be pretty disturbing if it were true. Kind of scarey coming from a white shirt from ford. I'm hoping this is a rumor.

Talked to my dealer a week ago and he said that they were going to get 4 mustangs for their initial inventory and that I could get one of those or order one. He said they may push more of them to the southern states initially because of the time of the release.

What do you guys think about this? I have trouble believing that especially since no one here has mentioned anything like this. I have more confidence in brad than I do any of these people anymore sheesh..

I hate to spread any poo around but had to get this off my chest.

Jason
Old 5/7/04, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think he's right on the 04 mustang...I've heard that elsewhere. I really doubt that they wouldn't take orders though...kinda dumb to alienate your core group of fans. Besides, would they really want to just not take our money? I mean ordered cars are guaranteed cash even before they have made a car...and a car that is guaranteed to be sold seems like printing money to me.

But who knows?
Old 5/7/04, 09:26 PM
GT Member

Its a race to the dealers!

I doubt they'd let it turn into that... or would they...
Old 5/7/04, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

If they read any forum...stangnet, here, svtperformance, wherever...they would have to be on something pretty strong to not let us order them...

BTW...if you see a Torch red GT Premium Package on the lot somewhere, email me. I'll be there in 10 minutes. :yes: :w00t:
Old 5/7/04, 09:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
bah humbug
Old 5/7/04, 09:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@May. 7th, 2004, 9:36 PM
bah humbug
You sure are grumpy.

Old 5/7/04, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

and cookie monster always seemed like such a happy guy to me...except that time he ate the moon cuz it looked like a cookie...he seemed pretty bummed then
Old 5/7/04, 10:19 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by steve19970@May. 8th, 2004, 12:20 AM
and cookie monster always seemed like such a happy guy to me...except that time he ate the moon cuz it looked like a cookie...he seemed pretty bummed then
The guy wearing the cookie monster costume was probably an alcoholic, on his third marrige, paying child support and working four jobs....the other three of which were at burger joints.
Old 5/7/04, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

true...he was working for PBS after all, and if all they have is government grants and hokey item sales, he wasn't exactly rolling in dough
Old 5/7/04, 11:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not true. Sesame Street is owned and produced by Children's Television Workshop, which is part of Jim Henson's old turf. They make loads of money off merchandising and the like. The people behind the puppets are not living tough lives, that much is for sure.
Old 5/8/04, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by steve19970@May. 7th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I mean ordered cars are guaranteed cash even before they have made a car...and a car that is guaranteed to be sold seems like printing money to me.
Ordered cars are certainly not guaranteed cash. Unless a buyer is naive enough to sign off on a non-refundable deposit there is no reason that they must take delivery and can most certainly get their deposit back.

As for the rumors JZInternet cited related to '05 sales...bull hockey. The Mustang will be sold just like every other new car. You can order one anytime after the bank opens or pick over dealer inventory as it becomes available.
Old 5/8/04, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by briden@May. 8th, 2004, 6:12 AM
As for the rumors JZInternet cited related to '05 sales...bull hockey. The Mustang will be sold just like every other new car. You can order one anytime after the bank opens or pick over dealer inventory as it becomes available.
That's what I thought too.. Just goes to show you how "well informed" people are (especially ford employees).

Although i didn't call him a liar...just incase. Besides, he is my A-plan discount

Jason
Old 5/8/04, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by briden+May. 8th, 2004, 6:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (briden @ May. 8th, 2004, 6:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-steve19970@May. 7th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I mean ordered cars are guaranteed cash even before they have made a car...and a car that is guaranteed to be sold seems like printing money to me.
Ordered cars are certainly not guaranteed cash. Unless a buyer is naive enough to sign off on a non-refundable deposit there is no reason that they must take delivery and can most certainly get their deposit back.

As for the rumors JZInternet cited related to '05 sales...bull hockey. The Mustang will be sold just like every other new car. You can order one anytime after the bank opens or pick over dealer inventory as it becomes available. [/b][/quote]
You're right that it's not set in stone, but you definitely have an interested buyer. Granted, many interested buyers buy them off the lot, but I would think that the percentage of buyers who order them and then take ownership is much higher than the percentage that walk on the lots and look at them and then take them home.
Old 5/8/04, 09:23 PM

All this pre - ordering is nice BUT .... I gotta test drive it before I start wheeling and dealing and PRAYING. :worship:
Old 5/8/04, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Production will end on May 10th (Monday) of the Mustang at Dearborn Assembly. More info here

As far as I know.. they are still testing the assembly track at AAI. I don't believe any of them have been built for buyers. Just test mules, car show ones and maybe some to after market for sizing, like Saleen.

My dad is a designer at Ford, but didn't work on the Mustang project. He won't even tell us what he's been working on until a day or the day of, it being annouced to the public.

And a good friend of mine works at Dearborn Assembly on the Mustang line. He has now switched to one of the truck lines and is learning that one.
Old 5/8/04, 11:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Amy V6@May. 8th, 2004, 11:32 PM
My dad is a designer at Ford, but didn't work on the Mustang project. He won't even tell us what he's been working on until a day or the day of, it being annouced to the public.
So if he won't tell you what he's working on, he could be working on the mustang and you wouldn't even know it.

There may be future plans and designs in his briefcase RIGHT NOW.

Why don't you feed your curiosity and take a peek......if its good, maybe you could show us? LOL.

Coming to theatres:
"Do you know what your dad did last summer?" <play a scary rendition of mustang sally>

[Dan drinks a mixture of two parts dayquil and one part nyquil with powered aspirin for an extra kick ].
Old 5/8/04, 11:44 PM
GT Member

Man... my dad would let me know whats going on.

Depends if he can trust you with the information.... and the people at Mustang Source
Old 5/8/04, 11:45 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by AgentJ@May. 9th, 2004, 1:47 AM
Man... my dad would let me know whats going on.

Depends if he can trust you with the information.... and the people at Mustang Source
[sarcasm] Yah we can be trusted alright. 'Cause we all know info on here doesn't make it very far around the net. [/sarcasm]
Old 5/9/04, 02:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow... Amy, your dad has my dream job. :worship: What kind of schooling did he do to get a job designing cars?
Old 5/9/04, 06:30 AM
Cobra Member

He graduated twice from CCS, Center for Creative Studies, here in Detroit. One of the best art, industrial design and automotive design schools in the country.

He doesn't actually design concepts and stuff like that. He gets drawings/CAD prints of the car and then he works on a certain section to make sure the pieces fit and it does what it's suppose to do in real life.

He's over at Lincoln working on some stuff right now.

Pops will disown me if I were to say anything hahaha. He didn't really say much to us about what he was working on back in the day when there wasn't an internet ha

Quick Reply: Funny