Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustration...

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/04, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

The board has been rather bland lately. Now that we've seen the GT-R 40 eXtreme Racer... And most of the cobra rumors have been killed there is little to discuss.
That would be bad enough if we hadn't degenerated into two reply threads with questions like "What color is the titanium car from NAIAS?" and "How much will the tax be on a cranberry 07' cobra if I'm a male in the state of Wyoming?" I mean #$%&@, the car is not out yet! I'm sure almost everyone on this board is on everyconcievable mailing list and should be getting something from Ford shortly, so can we if not cease to ask otherworldy question.. at least stop reposting? I mean @#$% I've been lurking at MW!
Yes, yes I am aware this thread could easily fall into the same catergory as those I just mentioned. Rant over.

PS: And what is taking those darn brochures so long?
Old 4/12/04, 09:16 AM
GT Member

There will allways be a conflict between the stinky old farts and the new people. As a SOF, I've been on both sides of this confict. The oldtimers think they know all the answers, and the newbies want to plow new ground, uncaring that somthing may of been addressed before.

You'll get over it. B)
Old 4/12/04, 09:16 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to message boards.
We are talking about a car thats not out yet, therefore no tech issues.
It goes through lulls...

2 years ago it was WORSE
Old 4/12/04, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by VillianousBlak@Apr. 12th, 2004, 9:09 AM
The board has been rather bland lately.
Then I suggest not checking the board nearly as often. Maybe once a week.
However, if you wanna see new pics, make sure to come back Thursday nigtht around midnight or 1:00 a.m. I'll be posting pics from the 40th Celebration in Nashvegas.
Old 4/12/04, 09:52 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Meh, it gets like this sometimes.

But be patient, we're about to get pricing in the next month!
Old 4/12/04, 10:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

yeah, that exactly what i've been thinking...
Old 4/12/04, 10:24 AM
GT Member

All I want to know is......

"WHEN ARE THE VERTS GONNA BE UNVEILED????? :bang:
Old 4/12/04, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

I followed the vert mule
Old 4/12/04, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Villianous

if you dont like us....

Leave!
Old 4/12/04, 03:11 PM
Cobra Member

Dude, he never said anything about disliking anybody on the board, but I think you just gave him a reason to. All he was saying was that he's frustrated about people rehashing old topics and creating new ones that seem like desperate attempts to talk about SOMETHING new.
Old 4/12/04, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be patient, grasshopper.

Ford will throw us a bone soon. just about the time we get bored, they sneak out a little more news.

40th anniv is coming up this weekend. i bet there is post-worthy news coming out of that. After that the option/pricing sheets should be coming, then the road tests.
Old 4/12/04, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes thank you Dr. Iven. I'm lying blame nowhere except the lack of news.
Old 4/12/04, 06:28 PM
I'm people, and I like.

just do what i do while waiting for new 05 news
go to the off topic chatter room and just play games B) :geek:
Old 4/12/04, 08:40 PM
GT Member

The board has been rather bland lately. Now that we've seen the GT-R 40 eXtreme Racer... And most of the cobra rumors have been killed there is little to discuss.
That would be bad enough if we hadn't degenerated into two reply threads with questions like "What color is the titanium car from NAIAS?" and "How much will the tax be on a cranberry 07' cobra if I'm a male in the state of Wyoming?" I mean #$%&@, the car is not out yet! I'm sure almost everyone on this board is on everyconcievable mailing list and should be getting something from Ford shortly, so can we if not cease to ask otherworldy question.. at least stop reposting? I mean @#$% I've been lurking at MW!
Yes, yes I am aware this thread could easily fall into the same catergory as those I just mentioned. Rant over.

The 40th anniversary celebration which begins this Thursday in Nashville should provide additional details. I will be attending and I know Brad will be there. You can expect a lot of reporting on the event beginning Sunday evening the 18th.

Why don't you ask Brad to take a laptop and provide an update daily.
Old 4/12/04, 09:28 PM
GT Member

As a relative 'n00b' this isnt the first time ive posted on a forum, i go back about 5 pages or do a search on a topic to make sure it hasnt been discussed before bringing it up, dont wanna look like an @$$ to all the SOF and embarass myself and get locked out of the circle (like so )

I do agree however, we've reached a lull, ordering info should be coming soon, as are prices, now we dont have Amy's videos or the GT-R to kick around for the next week, it'll be some nostalgia and some re-hashing and beating of long dead horses/ponies (Camaro and Firebird )

But it is good being here, and this place is a plethora of information, more so than checking sites every week and seeing nothing updated, so im content, and amused by rantings such as above, even if i have agreed more than once (TWO PAGES ON WHETHER OR NOT SEATS FOLD!?!? :bang: ) But s'all good, and the countdown has begun for me, less than 6 months *crosses fingers* and then the real fun begins, i think the board will be dead, since we'll all be driving around our new toys, rather than talkin bout em online

just my .02
Old 4/12/04, 10:01 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Verily I say unto you, this lull shall end when car magazines come out with road tests on the 05. And lo there will be another lull until guys start posting pictures and dyno results of their 05s. And then there will be much rejoicing.
Old 4/12/04, 10:30 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by AFBLUE@Apr. 13th, 2004, 4:04 AM
And then there will be much rejoicing.
..........and then on the 7th day God looked at what FORD had created and he was pleased.

This site follows a cyclical wave pattern: a couple weeks up, a couple weeks down. I just go with the flow.
Old 4/12/04, 11:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've heard too much good news to be frustrated. There hasnt been alot of breathtaking news lately. but i'm sure we can hang out and wait for more news on upcoming models. Such as a vert or something.
Old 4/12/04, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lull and yet it's still very hard to keep on top of all the new posts. If this is a lull, then a non-lull must be downright hectic!
Old 4/13/04, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I think everyone is just hyped about the new car, seems we all got the same problems, When, Which one, What color, Wait for Cobra, Buy the Gt, Hope a special edition comes out quick. Most of us have been following this for over a year now, we are ready to buy .

Quick Reply: Frustration...