2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Found out my order will never get pulled :(

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/05, 07:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, not NEVER, but it might as well be...

backstory:
I ordered back in November (21st), and have yet to be pulled. I was 7th in the queue as of four weeks ago.

I changed my order two weeks ago from IUP to sports appearance package, in hopes of getting pulled before the other 6 people in front of me. Well, i wasnt pulled last week, and the fact that IUP are now back up to full capacity, i decided to stop by my dealership to see whats up. Here is how it went:

I asked him about the IUP, and they said yes, they will be pulling them again now. This means that I am now back behind the other 6 people I was behind before. I asked him about his allocations, and he said that his total for this month is 11, with 33% being GTs. Based on that, he will get 3 total allocations of GTs for this month. He also said they are pulling some Z and A plans ahead of the other orders because they are employees. This means that my X plan order will be even further behind on the list. Based on a best case scenario, my car will be pulled in two and a half months, getting it to me in about 6-7 total months from time of ordering. All I can say is this is ridiculous.....
Old 2/3/05, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start shopping around and see if another dealer will work with you.
You would not be the first person on this board to switch to a better dealer.
Pulling friends and employees ahead of regular customers, even X-plan, is not good buisiness. Talk to their sales manager and let them know you will advise Ford Customer Care of how they are treating you.

Always mention what dealer when you post something like this. People may know where you can go locally for better service.

Our salesman is so far down the list he ordered in November and may get his 2005 late summer.