2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Forget this Raffle idea

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/05, 05:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ctbaker@October 13, 2005, 4:29 PM
You guys crack me up.

When you all get done patting yourselves on the back for what great humanitarians you all let me know. I love seeing comments about how you rather help someone keep their 3rd car that they might lose while building their dream home than help someone who just lost their home. Just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside don't it.

sniff....sniff.....I smell a troll....

Old 10/13/05, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Acadian,
Hope the best for you and yours! What ever way you choose to go.
Your input on this forum has help and save alot of people (time and money) With the kind of thinking you have, you'll be back in that saddle!!!
Happy Trails!!!
Old 10/13/05, 06:32 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ctbaker@October 13, 2005, 5:29 PM
You guys crack me up.

When you all get done patting yourselves on the back for what great humanitarians you all let me know. I love seeing comments about how you rather help someone keep their 3rd car that they might lose while building their dream home than help someone who just lost their home. Just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside don't it.
Yeah and how many people from the hurricane have you taken in to shelter? What have you done about the ethnic cleansing going on in Africa? Or how about Bosnia? I hope you gave money or better yet went over to help after the tsunami.....

Who in the H*LL is patting themselves on the back here????

Look - some people feel tight with a guy on here who is in a rough circumstance and they wanna help him cause they like him and they like their car as much as they know he loves his. So don't pull the 'better charity' card because there are way too many things out there for a person to try and fix.

People wanna try and help Ian out - let them make their play.
Old 10/13/05, 07:14 PM
Cobra Member

This is getting out of hand.
Old 10/13/05, 07:24 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry - I don't usually go off like that - got ticked is all.......
Old 10/13/05, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't think its a matter of anybody patting themselves on the back. It just feels good to be able to help somebody out of a problem. There is nothing wrong with helping somebody out and feeling great about it. It's called being compasionate for your fellow man. If I could help everybody I certainly would.
Old 10/13/05, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ctbaker@October 13, 2005, 5:29 PM
You guys crack me up.

You are on a Mustang Website, not the Redcross webpage.

It is horrible what Katrina has caused, and I don't know anyone who dosen't want to help out. Everyone helps in their own way. I gave $ to the Redcross.

But................

Once again this is a Mustang webpage and guess what? Most topics on here are mustang related, imagine that :scratch:

Definetely a NOOB
Old 10/13/05, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

OH YEAH

Sorry to hear about your situation Acadian, I feel for ya. I love my ride too, couldn't imagine having to part with her.

Gotta look on the bright side though. Hey maybe oneday the little one will grow up to be really really wealthy and buy you a Ferrari or something.

anyways good luck, and I would also buy a raffle ticket if the car goes up for auction.

Nick
Old 10/13/05, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll buy one!
Old 10/13/05, 10:22 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

for the record a bunch of us here in SD have already done a mustang related fund raiser for the Red Cross Katrina Fund and donated all the money, and many people on here have already donated money to that fund or similar good causes, this is totally seperate, we want to help again, just this time we know the person we are directly helping, whats wrong with that? Dont come down on everyone that would like to help out someone else, just because they are helping someone specific. Would you do the same thing if someone you knew were to help out a friend or family member that suffered from this travesty instead of donating that money to help out total strangers. Yes the idea I threw out there was to save his car, but he rejected that because he is a good man, and so we are in essence helping a Katrina victom to get back on his feet, which is the same thing as giving money to a charity.
Old 10/13/05, 11:46 PM
Cobra Member

I'm in....Whether it's raffle ticket's or a donation, whatever Ian wants. Oh and BTW Ian I can't have two "Shelby's" in Vegas so you would have to keep her with you... In other word's I would also have to refuse delivery.
Old 10/14/05, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't personally know acadian, but I would be willing to donate $30.00 for either a raffle or just to save the car. I am always willing to help a fellow stanger.

I wish you the best Acadian, good luck
Old 10/14/05, 07:54 AM
FR500 Member

Guys, thanks for the support. You know, it takes one good person to make up for a ton of bad people in this world. In this case, it's the other way around. So a few bad seeds aren't going to get to me. The majority of us here are good people and true Mustangers, and that's all that matters.

Some may want to downplay this situation that I'm in. But, for those who want to have that mindset, why help Katrina victims at all? Why have American's donated millions of dollars to help them? Hey, Katrina victims don't have it that bad. They get food stamp money from the Red Cross, they are in shelters or get trailer homes from Fema to live in. The government will take care of them, right? Why not spend all that money on third world countries where people are starving and sleeping under trees for shelter? There is always a "better", more needy charity out there. But, the simple fact is... this is a Mustang forum. And when one of our Mustang brothers or sisters is in trouble, MOST of us step up to help them. I know I would.

Let me give some backround here: First of all, I don't have three cars. I have my Mustang and an '86 F-150 that barely runs. Once my wife gets her job more stable and we have more income, we would buy an SUV of some sort for when we have the baby. But, I've never had three cars, and probably never will. Second, by no means am I building my dream home. My wife and I bought a little piece of land a couple years ago in a small town north of New Orleans (not only to get away from the crime in N.O., but to be out of the "fish bowl" in case a big storm did hit). We built a very small 450 sq.ft. "guest house"... because we had to move quick... planning to live there until, and while, we built a bigger house next to it. The house we are building will be a one story, two bedroom Acadian style... very simple... and 1,500 sq.ft. if that. Not really much of a "dream house".

As far as my situation: My wife and I had planned things out so that we would have just enough to get by and build the house. This was before the hurricane hit. With her being out of work for almost a month and now having her hours cut back, and me who was also cut back and no longer on salary but working by contract, that plan we made is shot to you-know-what. I personally work for an Architecture firm... and not too many people are trying to build houses right now. We still have some out-of-state jobs, but they are few and far between. Everyone is renovating. And I may just have to go back to slinging a hammer on some construction crew. Which is fine... I built houses for years. But trust me, the pay surely won't build my house.

Not that I have to defend myself here, or my situation, but some comments on here lately made me want to maybe give some more details.
Old 10/14/05, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by acadian@October 14, 2005, 9:57 AM
Let me give some backround here: First of all, I don't have three cars. I have my Mustang and an '86 F-150 that barely runs.
What's hilarious is the guy who made that comment has three cars. Think he'll sell one of them to aid Katrina victims? Obviously, his desire for multple vehicles is more important than helping people get their lives together after Katrina.
Old 10/14/05, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@October 14, 2005, 11:02 AM
What's hilarious is the guy who made that comment has three cars. Think he'll sell one of them to aid Katrina victims? Obviously, his desire for multple vehicles is more important than helping people get their lives together after Katrina.
i wanna thank that guy with the funny avatar who made those comments, just too darn funny.