2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Fords phone #? not the customer asst #

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/04, 03:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know of another number ford has so i can call and complain about where my car is other then the customer assist line they have on the website?
Old 10/14/04, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

try complaining to the dealer

...or at least ask nicely first.

maybe you can speak with the general manager or maybe get in touch with the regional manager?

Old 10/14/04, 05:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's really a moot point. Unfortunately, the cars will get there when they get there. There are nearly what, 15,000 sitting waiting to ship. One, two, fifty, five hundred calls from customers, dealers or whomever won't get them there any faster. I work for the largest volume dealer in my area and the only local dealer to get one is about tenth on the list volume wise. We think that stinks but hey, there's no changing it. Most of you folks have waited 6 months to 2 years for this car, don't let a few more days or weeks ruin the whole experience.

I know the wait is horrible, but I saw the car yesterday (at my competitors store) and in the end it will be WELL worth the wait.

Keep the faith, it's coming.

Paul
Old 10/14/04, 05:05 PM
GT Member

I just need to vent to someone ya know do a little f bombing at them.
Old 10/14/04, 05:14 PM
FR500 Member

That will get you absolutely nowhere......

This happens to me at work every once awhile, somebody will freak out throw an f-bomb at me, and you know what happens, whatever it was they were freaking out about miraculously ends up on the bottom of my list of stuff to do.

So go into it thinking that the exact opposite of what you want to happen, may happen.
Old 10/14/04, 05:16 PM
GT Member

True I guess but then id go buy a dif car then prob.
Old 10/14/04, 06:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Karpro@October 14, 2004, 6:06 PM
It's really a moot point. Unfortunately, the cars will get there when they get there. There are nearly what, 15,000 sitting waiting to ship. One, two, fifty, five hundred calls from customers, dealers or whomever won't get them there any faster. I work for the largest volume dealer in my area and the only local dealer to get one is about tenth on the list volume wise. We think that stinks but hey, there's no changing it. Most of you folks have waited 6 months to 2 years for this car, don't let a few more days or weeks ruin the whole experience.

I know the wait is horrible, but I saw the car yesterday (at my competitors store) and in the end it will be WELL worth the wait.

Keep the faith, it's coming.

Paul
You are right. It's hard to admit because emotions cloud the issue. I can't help to think that it would be very decent of Ford to keep us better informed, so we could easily rationalize the added wait. Watching the status of our cars flopping from shipping to holding to rail, etc. is frustrating. If in fact we are experiencing a delay, then it certainly would be in Ford's best interest to have their enthusiast customer base solidly behind them, defending their actions. For example ... I could go into work tomorrow and explain to my coworkers that my car is being held back because Ford wants to verify the integrity of some component before releasing it, versus going into work, being asked about my car, and telling them that it has not arrived, and shrugging my shoulders because I have no clue why it has not come, day after day after day after day. Which scenario looks better for Ford ? I believe they would be well served to use modern communications to help their cause versus hurt it. Posting something out on this site would work just fine. Are you listening Ford ???
Old 10/15/04, 07:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by os121@October 14, 2004, 6:17 PM
If in fact we are experiencing a delay, then it certainly would be in Ford's best interest to have their enthusiast customer base solidly behind them, defending their actions. For example ... I could go into work tomorrow and explain to my coworkers that my car is being held back because Ford wants to verify the integrity of some component before releasing it, versus going into work, being asked about my car, and telling them that it has not arrived, and shrugging my shoulders because I have no clue why it has not come, day after day after day after day. Which scenario looks better for Ford ? I believe they would be well served to use modern communications to help their cause versus hurt it.
Great in theory. Let us know that their is a chance of a bad "widget" or whatever on the car and just double checking, everyones happy. Only problem, by the time some idiot like BON, etc.. gets ahold of this and the rumor becomes "bad engine, heads, rear end,etc.." and the non enthusiast runs away scared. It would be nice if they kept us informed, including the dealers, but it is in their best interest to just keep quiet, build them then ship them when they're ready.
Old 10/15/04, 02:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Karpro@October 15, 2004, 8:18 AM
Great in theory. Let us know that their is a chance of a bad "widget" or whatever on the car and just double checking, everyones happy. Only problem, by the time some idiot like BON, etc.. gets ahold of this and the rumor becomes "bad engine, heads, rear end,etc.." and the non enthusiast runs away scared. It would be nice if they kept us informed, including the dealers, but it is in their best interest to just keep quiet, build them then ship them when they're ready.
After thinking about it you are right. They would be criticized by some for almost any reason. With time we will forget about something we knew nothing about, especially if we get to spend some of that time behind the wheel of the beautiful new Mustang ! B)