2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Service

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/05 | 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm very impressed with the treatment I received from my dealer's service dept. when I brought my 'Stang in for the noise in the rear.

Not only did they fix the problem, they gave me a free loaner car without me even asking for one, then washed my car before I picked it up. It seems they routinely give your car a complimentary wash, as a friend of mine received the same when he brought his new Taurus in for an issue with the brakes.

Also, vehicles that have been serviced are parked in a gated area in the back, away from the general lot. When you pick up your car, an attendant brings it right up to the door and hands you the keys. The guy was thrilled to bring mine around, letting me know it was his first time in an '05! He went on to say he loved it in purple. Hmmmmm. It's Sonic Blue :scratch:

Anyway, do most dealers provide this kind of service these days, or is Fullerton in Somerville, NJ the exception?
Old 2/5/05 | 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

A recent JD Powers survey of dealership customers showed that 81% of those surveyed were completely satisfied with their dealership experience. I think a lot of dealers are really trying to do a good job. Of course there are exceptions.
Old 2/5/05 | 08:37 AM
I lust for a M24

I haven't gotten mine yet, but so far the service has been less than I'd hoped for. Once it arrives, I won't want anyone washing it but me, nice gesture though.
Old 2/5/05 | 08:50 AM
FR500 Member

sooo far my dealer has been awesome to me. alittle flaws were involved tho....they told me its not procedure to have a copy of my DORA. ill get it anyway i dont care. otherwise everything else has been amazing. they let me test drive no problem and im 18 (manual GT)
Old 2/5/05 | 09:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I love my dealer! I am VERY pleased with them, I get treated well there. My salesman is still even very nice to me, and he already has his commission. Before I bought them even, I was allowed to come drool around their weekly deliveries. The sales process I enjoyed, and thats usually horrid.

Service- They ordered me a new shaker, took the time to listen, listened to me about my transmission noise, told me what I needed to do, and were VERY friendly.

Yesterday I took my car to the "shiny" dealer, because my shaker was ticking me off...........The "shiny" dealer(long screwus ford in hoover al) was not very accomodating. They pretty much told me I was full of crap about the stereo. Don't listen to me.....I wont be back ever no matter what. They smell! BUT they have a whole row of cheap mustangs.
Old 2/5/05 | 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

My local Ford dealer is Bondy's Ford in Dothan, AL, and they stink.
Salesmen, service dpt, the whole dealership.
The last time I had some work done there on my '03 GT, the service writer told me it was ready and he went in the back to bring it around.
TWENTY minutes later he brings me my car, jumps out, and walks out with no explanation, and walks off.
Lucky for me there's an outstanding Lincoln-Mercury dealership in town also.
Old 2/5/05 | 12:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

I learned a long time ago that service departments and sales departments can be completely different. The local Ford dealer has the best service dept I have seen in 40 odd years of driving. You can really trust them. The sales personnel are the worst I have ever seen. Ended up buying from a dealer 40 miles away but the service manager told me to bring her in - even for warranty work. Yea, I know they are suppose to but suppose to and really caring are two different things
Old 2/5/05 | 12:19 PM
GT Member

I love my dealer... me being 18 I have been treated with ultimate respect... He calls my cell phone every time he has news... and he gave us a great deal on the car