2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Plans

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Plans

How does one get an "X' plan or a "D" plan?

Im purchasing GT in the upcoming weeks, and just want to check with you guys on this......

Since 1999 i have purchased 8 new ford cars and never missed a payment....i consider myself a "good" customer
Old 2/14/08, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Plan pricing is available only to employees of Ford Partner companies. Check with where you work. Don't know about the D-Plan.

I have found that some of the larger Ford dealers will beat X-Plan pricing if you request an Internet quote or talk to their Internet sales manager.

I don't know where you are located but Galpin in LA will regulalrly beat X-Plan pricing.

Martin
Old 2/14/08, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

D-Plan is for dealership employees only, X-Plan pins can be acquired by supplier corporations who have partnerships with Ford, or i believe some salesmen will supply X-Plan pins on the internet, i'm not sure where that is done though.
Old 2/14/08, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

"D" plan is for retired Ford employees. "A" plan is for current Ford employees. "X" plan is for family and friends of Ford. "Z" plan is another plan too but I am not sure who gets this. Try the Internet quote first then see if someone will give you one. Each Employee can give out 5 X's per model year to their friends or Family. You might get someone in an online group to give you one. Its a good deal so keep trying! Good Luck!
Old 2/14/08, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Indystang
"D" plan is for retired Ford employees. "A" plan is for current Ford employees. "X" plan is for family and friends of Ford. "Z" plan is another plan too but I am not sure who gets this. Try the Internet quote first then see if someone will give you one. Each Employee can give out 5 X's per model year to their friends or Family. You might get someone in an online group to give you one. Its a good deal so keep trying! Good Luck!
Nope. D-plan is for Ford employees, and I was allowed to use it 2 times a year. For me or immediate family. I should know I sold my self the car, did the trade in and everything. Then handed all the paperwork to the finance manager, thats as far as I could go. I have never heard of A plan. But x-plan is for corporations who have partnerships with Ford.
Old 2/14/08, 05:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by T8Stang
Nope. D-plan is for Ford employees, and I was allowed to use it 2 times a year. For me or immediate family. I should know I sold my self the car, did the trade in and everything. Then handed all the paperwork to the finance manager, thats as far as I could go. I have never heard of A plan. But x-plan is for corporations who have partnerships with Ford.
Correct, and "Z" Plan is the retired employee plan, while "A" Plan is for active Ford employees (i.e factory workers). Got my GT on D-Plan. $25,948.77!!!
Old 2/14/08, 06:00 PM
GT Member

Go to Blue oval forums and request an x-plan pin. They are happy to provide them!! No haggle or nothing. One set price!!! Only haggling is trade in etc... Plus with X-plan, Doc fees are capped @ $75!!
Old 2/14/08, 06:43 PM
Banned

i posted a thread over at blueoval and i havent been fortunate enough to get a pin.....if there is anyone on this forum that happens to read this that can help me.....please feel free to PM me or email me at

silverbullet271@hotmail.com

thanks to all
Old 2/14/08, 10:57 PM

I bought my 06 using fords X-plan through my work @ Hallmark! Saved almost 2k on the car!
Old 2/15/08, 05:31 AM
V6 Member

Ford's investor relations department will give you an X Plan PIN if you own Ford stock. They send you a packet of stuff with their annual report and everything, and there's a form in there to fill out. You might be able to get the packet online here:

http://www.ford.com/about-ford/inves...rature-request
Old 2/15/08, 05:38 AM
GT Member

I can provide you an x-plan. Let me know. I work for Ford.
Old 2/15/08, 07:57 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SStang
Ford's investor relations department will give you an X Plan PIN if you own Ford stock. They send you a packet of stuff with their annual report and everything, and there's a form in there to fill out. You might be able to get the packet online here:

http://www.ford.com/about-ford/inves...rature-request
ha really? hmmm
Old 2/15/08, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by T8Stang
You are right! I was having trouble remembering the D and Z. I used to work at Ford several years ago and my memory ain't what it used to be. Lots of great forum members here too. Looks like you have at least one offer on getting an X plan number! 2009 orders opening up real soon too.
Old 2/16/08, 06:59 AM
TMS Legacy Member

As mentioned above, If you have or purchase some ford stock, presently $6.45 per share, call investor services and ask for special pricing. You fax them your stock information and within the day you should have a pin.
Just got my 07 Mustang GT this way.
Old 2/16/08, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

I negotiated my deal at invoice before I realized I was in a group pension plan that qualified me for x-plan. The x-plan saved me 37 dollars over invoice. That was on a GT/CS, so I would assume x-plan is pretty close to invoice on most mustang gt's.
Old 2/16/08, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

I can get you an x-plan pin also. Just pm me your info (full name, full address, last 4 of SSN, and email address), I work for Ford.
Old 2/17/08, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
A = Current Ford employee (a few thousand below X)
D = Current Ford dealership employee
X = Friends/Family/Supplier, (0.996 * Invoice) + $75
Z = Retired Ford employee

I too got the X-Plan by buying Ford shares and mailing in the info to Ford investor relations.

The X-Plan can be used on other vehicles sold by manufacturers that Ford owns stake in, such as Volvo, Mazda, Mercury, and Lincoln. For Mazda, they change the "X" to a "S" for the S-plan.
Old 2/17/08, 02:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have attached the Ford X-Plan application form for those that own at least 1 share of Ford (Ticker Symbol is F) Stock.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ford X-Plan Application.pdf (67.8 KB, 145 views)
Old 2/17/08, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

So is X-Plan Dealer Invoice pricing?
Old 2/17/08, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

X-Plan Pricing is (0.996 * Dealer Invoice) + $75.
That equates to roughly Invoice or slightly less. You must tell the salesperson that you wish to use the X-Plan right up front. My experience with ordering Fords is that the X-plan makes life so much simpler and both parties are happy in the end.

Quick Reply: Ford Plans